I think A and I have run our course. It was one thing when I thought it was going to be a one night stand. Another when I'm getting it on the regular. every time I meet him with the intention of ending it his arms just make me lose my damn mind :drunk:

I might play with him a bit longer since I want to be single when I head to Europe in August but I have to remember not to fall in love with him!!

I spent time with Bae last night. As we were kissing in his car I stopped him and asked why the hell does his face smell fruity. He chuckles and immediately tells me he wasn't kidding other girls, he just has to use his backup car Carmex & pulls the tube out from his dashboard. It's cherry flavored :lol: I asked why he jumped too kissing other girls when I've been with you for the past four hours. He just looked around and said listen I know you and I know how you get down! I'm not about to do this with you :rofl:

When I got to his brother's house he was leaving to go get beers and water. He goes all the way outside and comes back in to say btw I love your hair :2inlove:

I went to "Everday Afrique" party in BK...

The most beautiful black crowd ever! I met so many men and exchanged numbers for "blog" purposes that I dont even know who is texting me. I will NEVER miss an everyday ppl party again!

Annnd...the L train wasn't working and my phone was on 6%. I was trying to call my Lyft and a fiinnnnnnnnne as man walked up to the train and was like damn. He lives deeper in bk and drives to the train to get to work. I was likkeee...um we can share a Lyft and that's when he told he drove and that he will take me.

My crazy behind let him. We laughed and joked but he didn't seem interested in me. He was cool as heck and he said all the things that I like for a man to say....so because he didn't seem interested in me past friendship I'm like...I'm gonna take your number because I need to hook you up with one of my friends.

He says, thats weird. Why not you? I said well damn we can do that :lachen:

He is so damn fine!

I decided to try reading Calling in the One again. I sat down near my lamp, curled up with the book nice and cozy, and started reading. Next thing I know, a giant, flying bug started buzzing around and darted straight towards me. I don't normally have flying bugs in my house. I screamed and threw the book. The bug landed on the floor near the chair I was sitting in. It was a black beetle, and it just stopped there. After getting rid of that thing, I put the book away. That has to be some kind of sign. I don't think it's meant for me to finish that book. :nono:

The internal cringing has stopped since that terrible date. Nothing like that has ever happened to me before. Why did it have to be now and in front of him and at a restaurant!!? :wallbash: Well, I guess I'm allowed to be human because he made plans with me for another date.

I think A and I have run our course. It was one thing when I thought it was going to be a one night stand. Another when I'm getting it on the regular. every time I meet him with the intention of ending it his arms just make me lose my damn mind :drunk:

I might play with him a bit longer since I want to be single when I head to Europe in August but I have to remember not to fall in love with him!!
Those arms are why it took me so long to end it with Meechie. I felt so comfortable with him. Not to mention the fantastic coloring sessions. Sigh :look: I miss him though. But that is all I'm allowing myself to do. I have composed so many texts in my head for him, but ultimately I don't send them. It's not like he would care anyway, so why waste my time?

I went to "Everday Afrique" party in BK...

The most beautiful black crowd ever! I met so many men and exchanged numbers for "blog" purposes that I dont even know who is texting me. I will NEVER miss an everyday ppl party again!

Annnd...the L train wasn't working and my phone was on 6%. I was trying to call my Lyft and a fiinnnnnnnnne as man walked up to the train and was like damn. He lives deeper in bk and drives to the train to get to work. I was likkeee...um we can share a Lyft and that's when he told he drove and that he will take me.

My crazy behind let him. We laughed and joked but he didn't seem interested in me. He was cool as heck and he said all the things that I like for a man to say....so because he didn't seem interested in me past friendship I'm like...I'm gonna take your number because I need to hook you up with one of my friends.

He says, thats weird. Why not you? I said well damn we can do that :lachen:

He is so damn fine!

Yassssss! :clapping:

I was there too! I got there late because my friend is terrible with time. When we got there, it was packed body to body. We managed to make our way down to the Panther room ( where they were playing afrobeats?). I'm not good with crowds so I was annoyed for a bit. We danced a little and then left.

Next year I'll be there in the afternoon.

*the crowd seemed a lil youngish but it wasn't so bad.

The guy I met in Michaels a while ago is still chugging along. I am however not really attracted to him. He displays some selfishness that I do not like, it's like selfish for no reason type of thing. But I'll continue to see him until my birthday at the end of June.

Bae asked what I want to do for my bday I said eat lobster and smash. He just said ok I will make it happen :lol: little boo has plans for me as well. I need to find a way to make him ok with seeing me the Friday after my birthday. I know he will throw a hissy fit but idgaf.

Yassssss! :clapping:

I was there too! I got there late because my friend is terrible with time. When we got there, it was packed body to body. We managed to make our way down to the Panther room ( where they were playing afrobeats?). I'm not good with crowds so I was annoyed for a bit. We danced a little and then left.

Next year I'll be there in the afternoon.

*the crowd seemed a lil youngish but it wasn't so bad.
Well...by the time it was backed I was drunk lol.

Everyone I met was my age and older and I am pretty sure I'm older than you.

They were playing afrobeat pretty much everywhere...the panther room was too moist for me though.

BK has all the events! :cry3: If I get this remote position I could technically move...but I don't think I can do winter again. Houston is kinda boring though. I have my people and we do things--but most of the time it's just going out to eat and drink. Maybe an outdoor concert periodically if it's not raining. A festival or two here or there. I feel like there MUST be more to do, I'm just missing it somehow. Oh, and I haven't even done my typical "go to all the things and meet all the people" networking I usually do, and I'm ALREADY seeing the same people all the time. It's like Black professionals have 4 or 5 spots they kick it at and that's it.

Anyways, I want a nose ring.

Last edited:
The Curly Girl thing in Prospect Park is another event you guys should attend. Full of Black folks just outside to have fun.

I went last year. I won't go again unless we'll be picnicking or something.

Well...by the time it was backed I was drunk lol.

Everyone I met was my age and older and I am pretty sure I'm older than you.

They were playing afrobeat pretty much everywhere...the panther room was too moist for me though.

:look:

Maybe it's the melanin. The kids were just standing there in their phones...that was the giveaway.

I giggle every time I hear/see the word "moist"

Who doesn't?

I went last year. I won't go again unless we'll be picnicking or something.

:look:

Maybe it's the melanin. The kids were just standing there in their phones...that was the giveaway.

Who doesn't?

I may have been one of the kids on my phone...I was posting pics and videos to my sm pages for the event. I was pretty much alone and acting a damn fooool.

Welp. I think I'll be single again soon. #2 pissed me off this weekend, but he's taking me to Europe in a couple of weeks, so I'm going to hang on until then and get this free trip.

I reactivated my profile this morning, though...:look:
You're back to calling him #2 again so yeah I guess that's not a good sign. Hang on until you get to Europe. Crop him out all the pics. lol

omg yall. this weekend... no dates but interesting and why i refuse broke dudes and dudes with flimsy potential should be avoided by ypung women at all costs...

so went to a memorial day shindig and got to talking to some sistas. rare for me. anyway, all are on section 8. one is MARRIED with kids on section 8. married for 15 years. mid 40s. 3 kids. ex career military dh. section 8. the others are single. i get that. but her dh is exmilitary.

i see no reason to be married and destitute. besides cheating that's reason #2 i threw my ex out. if dude is able bodied and minded (and he is) i cant be bothered waiting on vouchers and SNAP cards.

id rather stay single even with my kid(s) since respect for the husband would cease to exist and there would be dry tumbleweeds down below. it wouldnt be a good scene for my kids. smh.

omg yall. this weekend... no dates but interesting and why i refuse broke dudes and dudes with flimsy potential should be avoided by ypung women at all costs...

so went to a memorial day shindig and got to talking to some sistas. rare for me. anyway, all are on section 8. one is MARRIED with kids on section 8. married for 15 years. mid 40s. 3 kids. ex career military dh. section 8. the others are single. i get that. but her dh is exmilitary.

i see no reason to be married and destitute. besides cheating that's reason #2 i threw my ex out. if dude is able bodied and minded (and he is) i cant be bothered waiting on vouchers and SNAP cards.

id rather stay single even with my kid(s) since respect for the husband would cease to exist and there would be dry tumbleweeds down below. it wouldnt be a good scene for my kids. smh.
Lobster and bourbon isn't cheap. I just can't do the brokeness.

I do not understand being married on assistance. Don't you get more money as a single mother on assistance anyway. And how broke is he that y'all qualify for assistance still? And why isn't she maximizing her puddy potential? Man I just can't.

So I'm acting like I don't know how to multiqote and post everything at the same time with all these posts but I don't care. :lol:

I tried to end things with dude this morning. I told him he was really great but I don't think we should see each other anymore. Dumping someone is hard when the relationship isn't really a relationship. You would think it would be the other way around but it's harder because I have no real reason other than i don't like you and who wants to hear that, right? He tried to hang on saying he can come over this weekend and cook me dinner. Pasta Bolognese. First of all I'm not a major Italian food fan so you aren't really winning me over here and bruh why are you making this harder than it has to be. I really am at that place where I would rather be on my own than spend time with someone I'm not interested in.

All my reading has got me feeling myself. I'm strutting around here like I'm hot ish. I mean, I am but I really feel like I am after these books. :lol: Men are looking at me on the subway, in Starbucks, in the supermarket and I'm staring them down like you gonna come talk to me or just look? Just look? Well out of my sight then peasant! It's pretty fun to watch. Out of all the men only 2 approached me and one was cute but then I heard him on the phone before he approached me and he was yelling at someone and it turned me off. Oh well.

I was seriously thinking about signing up for another dating site but this time it would have to be a substantial site. Not sure though. Still thinking about that since I'm having fun enjoying all the eye candy irl for now. I guess I can do both. We'll see.

Lobster and bourbon isn't cheap. I just can't do the brokeness.

I do not understand being married on assistance. Don't you get more money as a single mother on assistance anyway. And how broke is he that y'all qualify for assistance still? And why isn't she maximizing her puddy potential? Man I just can't.
right! i cant either. i try not to be judgmental but this does not compute!

i get where we live is astronomically priced... just move. most low income black families have left the bay area for other states where their money can stretch better. hes not even an unskilled worker who needs to be a low earner. he served 16ish years so should have great skills to parlay.

shes also working and HIGHLY intelligent and HBCU educated and still pretty. what a waste!

How Sway?

I wish I would. I can struggle on my own.

i live in Brooklyn, New York. It may not be as bad as the Bay Area but it's not cheap by any means. But come on! To qualify for assistance you have to make under $25K as a single person. Like come on you have to want better for yourself.
right! i cant either. i try not to be judgmental but this does not compute!

i get where we live is astronomically priced... just move. most low income black families have left the bay area for other states where their money can stretch better. hes not even an unskilled worker who needs to be a low earner. he served 16ish years so should have great skills to parlay.

shes also working and HIGHLY intelligent and HBCU educated and still pretty. what a waste!

Back