Does he have connections that could help your career?

If he does, take them. Don't let emotions get in the way of your success. No one builds a business alone and word of mouth and meeting the right people can help you grow.

I always want to do things "on my own" but looking at the most successful people I see they leveraged connections coupled with their hard work. I'm going to emulate that strategy.
He does.... the problem is, he has a lot of enemies as well... like major time enemies.... He was threatening to get a congressional inquiry a few years against a whole bunch of Army officers and got a whole bunch of people in the political arena involved: congressmen, senators, Inspector General, etc. People know his name and isn't in the warm and fuzzy way. He was removed from the Army twice because he rubs everyone the wrong way. Like he is the type of person that can't hold a job because his people skills are awful. I don't want to be associated with him (or him promoting my business) because I don't want people to think he is close to me.
Now, if there are events in DC that he can steer me toward networking, I will gladly take that. I do admit he is very well connected with many business owners, especially black ones- he is a mason, involved in a lot of circles, etc... but the type of person he is, it literally just erases any positive thing about him.

Last edited:
ok so... I'll post non-man related stuff since i have no interests atm. single lady self improvement it is!

Anyhoo it seems simple to yall prolly but im working on another off the list. Teeth! Here i am, just finished getting molds done for invisalign! never had straight teeth ever. tjis is big especially because i just overcame, as a single woman, dental phobia. Mostly :look: (shaking a little today but started visualizing and breathing and got a handle on it) had tons of work done last
year even an extraction. yikes!

this was all a big deal for me! so to get a perfect smile will be icing. my reward for overcoming without someone holding my hand. independence!

im very proud of myself.:)

I went to see a metaphysical practitioner and had my tarot read. On point! I recorded the session so I need to sit down and make notes.

This weekend, Jah again. My practitioner said have a friend with benefit, or try to keep it that way as long as possible. It will be hard since we are in our romantic houses. Also I will be married in three years and I was like that does not excite me lol. She said good, that attitude is what is going to get you married.

So we have met up two times this week to have "the sex." Today it is a suite in San Antonio, because he is performing. I told him we can just link up when he returns, but he said he wants the day. Okay.

I had my yoni egg in yesterday and all the energy towards me was violent. First, I go to the laundromat to get out the house and people watch. Well this particular time I was the Only person there and the attendant harassed me. I had to stand up for myself and move on to a different establishment that had folding services. Next was parent pick up. The ex was in a mood. We did not contact one another but the energy was super aggressive. He stood off, would not let his little girl play with me and then his son came to talk to mine, he appeared to chastise them as they got in the car.

So my home girl is in Mexico for her birthday so I went to get her children some corn dogs. As I was getting my order, I hear screaming.

Something told me to run and across the street three men were beating this guy. I mean there are children here. I tell them to stop and they say I do what I want so I said I will call the police. The guy is all bloody and runs across the street. He appears mentally reduced. This lady runs across the street asking for a phone in his hand in Spanish. I say give her the phone and they pause for a minute (because I knew spanish) and this bloody gentlemen tries to get in my car. I tell him no. And he is shaken. The ambulance show up and I give my statement.

I then go home and take my yoni out. I stood up for myself and others and it is repelling negativity, but it is just too much right now.

I cancelled a date with a new interest to see the man that's trying to make me fall in love. I'm such a sucker :cry3:

The other guy made it easy though. It's the day of and he still couldn't tell me where we were going or what time we were going. And I found out he doesn't even have a car so I would have to get there myself.

In tinder news....I had to delete it. I'm trying to juggle people I've met irl...I have no time for tinder games on top of that... I'll be back if my well ever dries up.

I cancelled a date with a new interest to see the man that's trying to make me fall in love. I'm such a sucker :cry3:

The other guy made it easy though. It's the day of and he still couldn't tell me where we were going or what time we were going. And I found out he doesn't even have a car so I would have to get there myself.

In tinder news....I had to delete it. I'm trying to juggle people I've met irl...I have no time for tinder games on top of that... I'll be back if my well ever dries up.

I'm in a similar position. I realized its not easy to hold to guys who are so-so when one of the guys are great.

In my case, the main dude is making the other two look extra wack. Smh. But I'm learning how to make good use of the male presence, so they're still good for something :look:

I have guys in the queue on okc, but am holding off on that to stay open to meeting men in real life.

I'm in a similar position. I realized its not easy to hold to guys who are so-so when one of the guys are great.

In my case, the main dude is making the other two look extra wack. Smh. But I'm learning how to make good use of the male presence, so they're still good for something :look:

I have guys in the queue on okc, but am holding off on that to stay open to meeting men in real life.

Tinder was making me paranoid too. Every time a man would look are stare at me, I would think it was because they saw me on tinder :confused:

Has anyone noticed the emptiness tinder, and other online dating sites makes you feel. Just to be clear, I noticed every guy on there has an agenda (hooking up) and they will do and say just about anything to make you feel like that's not their intention.

Even the half way decent ones only want sex, but are more strategic and might actually take you on a real date, talk on the phone and give false hope they want more until they get what they want or move on to someone who will. They don't even pretend to care for you (I.e. Friends, how are you doing) after you stop seeing them, which proves even more all they wanted was to hookup.

Guys you meet IRL at least call/text after you stop seeing them to see if you're alive or ok.

I think I'm totally done with the dating apps. I'm interested in something more visceral.

Sooo. It's the third date tonight. He's been consistent and I like him a lot.

Can I bust it wide open or nah?
what's your personal history with men say?

Mines says i betta be damn sure im ready for the constant calls, bothersome texts and my personal time being sucked into a man-vaccuum of need. my friend used to advise AGAINST me doing the do because of that "problem".

The intense types are generally attracted to me so... *shrug*

do what you feel is right. just dont play clingy and needy after. stay aloof. makes em annoyed :lol::look:

I did it with no shame. This man acts so shy all the time. I would have never guessed. When I danced with him he always looked like I was killing him....

But
He put it on me y'all :lachen:

That thang was large and he knew what he was doing. I didn't know whether to be pleased or feel swindled.

Its messed up but I did it because I feel close to him cuz of our long *** dates and we FaceTimed all day everyday and he FaceTimed me tonight :drunk: ....he's cool but the man that I'm crushing on asked me on a tea date so I just had to get homie out the way.

I am very rarely shocked but good lorrrrd :spinning:

I won't know what to do if he acts right and this beautiful man I'm crushing on are both trying to be down with the cause.

Pray for my silly *** because I think he stroked the sense clear out of me.

what's your personal history with men say?

Mines says i betta be damn sure im ready for the constant calls, bothersome texts and my personal time being sucked into a man-vaccuum of need. my friend used to advise AGAINST me doing the do because of that "problem".

The intense types are generally attracted to me so... *shrug*

do what you feel is right. just dont play clingy and needy after. stay aloof. makes em annoyed :lol::look:
I plan to never call him again :lachen:

Back