My 29 year old cousin that barely graduated from high school pretends to be a teacher on Facebook.

He will talk about how excited he is for spring break and how the kids are tiring him out.

And then his friends (who went to high school with him and HAVE to know he's not a teacher) just comment and play along.

My dad went to a baseball game and sent the pic in our family text group and why did my cousin post it and say he was out of town and at the game??

Now I'm curious if he's telling women that he's a teacher. He lives in his mothers basement and works a part time job appropriate for a high school sophomore.

My 29 year old cousin that barely graduated from high school pretends to be a teacher on Facebook.

He will talk about how excited he is for spring break and how the kids are tiring him out.

And then his friends (who went to high school with him and HAVE to know he's not a teacher) just comment and play along.

My dad went to a baseball game and sent the pic in our family text group and why did my cousin post it and say he was out of town and at the game??

Now I'm curious if he's telling women that he's a teacher. He lives in his mothers basement and works a part time job appropriate for a high school sophomore.
Does not compute!!! Like what's the sense in lying?

Saw my ex during parent pick up and he was chatting it up with another mom and she was flirting hard. I am certain she has seen us together. He could have excused himself and acknowledged me especially since is daughter approached me, but remember who you are dealing with. So I am "babysitting" while he flirts with some woman. She was complimenting him because he is one of the only dad's there and ugh! While I played with his daughter. Didn't even say hi because he was so engaged. He looked at me and I rotated to the other side of the building to hid my displeasure. My son came out, thank God, and I left so fast. I cannot Poker face. No sooner I left he is driving behind me. At the light he pulled up beside me and I pretended not to see him. I cannot wait until this school year is out!

Whatever. Now more than ever I need to pace myself in my future relationships. I am a Taurus. I can get real petty.

Right?? As if dating isn't hard enough, now you need to ask for the last two check stubs to make sure they are employed where they say they are.
lawd can you imagine being on a date like:

so do you have a job? what do you do?

him: yea i have a job. I'm a teacher

me:

giphy.gif

Met a guy at work and he just texted me that he worked the 5pm-10pm shift today. I had to edit because I accidentally posted his number.

Why is he working that shift in his 30s?

That's the shift I worked in high school--get out at 2:30, do homework, than work my part-time shift.

I need someone to tell me I'm not being too picky.

Met a guy at work and he just texted me that he worked the 5pm-10pm shift today. I had to edit because I accidentally posted his number.

That's the shift I worked in high school--get out at 2:30, do homework, than work my part-time shift.

Does he have a full time job, too? Or a side business? I know someone who works PT but he has his own business on the side. Is the pay adequate enough where he can be PT and still support himself?

I don't understand this. What do these men think will happen when people find out? Why the lies?

If they are embarrassed by where they are in life, they can change it. But I guess playing pretend is easier.

I don't understand this. What do these men think will happen when people find out? Why the lies?

If they are embarrassed by where they are in life, they can change it. But I guess playing pretend is easier.
They don't.
Most of them are living in the moment. They are trying to impress us. Or they don't believe something serious will come from meeting you- so they tell you whatever (or don't tell you stuff you need to know) and play the role until they get what they want.

Then either they fall in love, realize you are different, etc. and it is hard to put everything straight. I just wish they were doing right/ well from the git go- then there would be no need for lies or omissions.
These dudes have low self esteem and no ambition.

Message from W:
Good Morning Ms. Big time. I did not forget we should be going out soon. Your president has my schedule all jacked up....however I would still love to do so and when I get back I will make that happen. I follow you on fb and am glad to see you doing great things.

My response- 45 is not mine.

W is one of the ones I wish was doing right from the beginning. His ex fiancé (in his early 20s) cheated on him. And even though it happened almost 15 years ago (I met him a few years later)- he never committed to a woman after that. Just a whole bunch of girlfriends and fun.
With the death of his parents, I think that he has let the chip go but he still isn't doing enough for me to seriously consider him now. I think he just expects me to stay single and wait for him until he retires from the Navy. Meanwhile time is flying by...

This dating multiple men thing isn't working right because the guy I'm interested in is on holiday and gets back Sunday and has asked me out for Monday but guy 1 has already had date 1 and 2 this week and 3 already ready for Saturday. Guy 3 hasn't even asked me out yet as he works away. Dear Lord Jesus it's like juggling and in Joseline giving birth voice *ah cannot. Ah channnooooot*

You should just ask him :look:

So two guys I use to date (LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG) time ago, just added me to facebook. Well we dated back in 2005-2006 so I guess I can add you now. Don't act up.
One is so "impressed" at where I am now and he wants to help me grow my business with his various DMV connections. No thank you. I just added you so you can see how well I am doing. Any success I have will be attributed to myself.

One is so "impressed" at where I am now and he wants to help me grow my business with his various DMV connections. No thank you. I just added you so you can see how well I am doing. Any success I have will be attributed to myself.
Does he have connections that could help your career?

If he does, take them. Don't let emotions get in the way of your success. No one builds a business alone and word of mouth and meeting the right people can help you grow.

I always want to do things "on my own" but looking at the most successful people I see they leveraged connections coupled with their hard work. I'm going to emulate that strategy.

:lachen:Sounds like someone's falling in love.

This man keeps saying he's falling for me. I feel like he's lying to make me like him more. He nice and sweet and I enjoy his company but he plays too much.
Chile I feel like I need to get myself together and stop it. Falling for this man is not what I need. I don't even mind that I haven't seen my main Bae since he got back from Jamaica. Like Normally I would have seen him that same day smh

This is my first time posting in this thread. Not sure if I should post this here, but I didn't want to create a whole new thread. Please don't quote. Well, I have a Korean friend (I'll call her "Bim"), and she started a meetup group that is pretty active. A Chinese guy (I'll call him "Jai") started going to the events, and we have really good chemistry. We exchanged phone numbers and became friends on Facebook. Bim has started acting really funky towards me, and whenever I mention Jai, she cuts me off. Whenever Jai and I are together talking, she interrupts. If I mention Jai, she ignores me. Bim is married, so WTH is her problem? I wonder if it is because he is Asian. This makes me mad because what business is it of hers? I deep down really, really want to screw Jai just to spite Bim. :laugh: I feel so petty, and I've decided to distance myself from Bim.

Back