Happy bdayyyy
Why do you love your 30's

I posted in the 30s thread this.
I will be 32 in a week! I love it. Everything is better in my 30s, food, sex, body has proportion, but I look younger, about 8 years or so. I am glad I got marriage and childbearing out the way. I enjoy being single. I do not oppose getting married again, the child part I will negotiate, if I love ya, lol, but I don't have any anxieties attached to it. I just have this aura, this quiet mystique about me now. But it ferocious and engaging, even when I do not mean to be.

Career, blah, who cares, lol. I made it this far, but many people do not come into there own careerwise until their 40s. I look at it as an adventure now. My next adventure is civil engineering (geotech), which I am in a good place, age wise. Who am I kidding, I still hang with my old music crowd lol.

I cannot wait to grow older. It is truly a blessing. I just had a different perspective on life since I got to my 30s

I went out with the guy despite the pre-date tomfoolery and I think he's attractive. Like a young Larry Fishburne.He is a gentleman. Pays for everything, opens every door. We had dinner and dancing. He's confident, with good conversation. He is very laidback, and funny. Plus he is a Christian, junior deacon at his church. We do bible study which is nice.

BUT

I thought that he had a bachelor's degree. His parents are doctors, still married--he comes from a good family. But he doesn't have a driver's license. He has a two year certificate for culinary arts. I guess I assumed that because his parents are so accomplished, he would be, too.

Also, he asked if we were building a relationship at the end of the first date. He talked a lot about settling down. Then he tried to kiss me, I said no, then we negotiated down to a peck. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Was talking to the guy last night..he had originally told me that he was a therapist with a bachelor's degree working at the psychiatric hospital. Now he tells me that he is the maintenance man at the hospital. I guess his mom is a psychiatrist there and she got him the job.

I can't. It is ALWAYS something with these fools.

He was talking about marrying me. Bruh, it's been one week, almost two, but honestly men ALWAYS move too fast with me.

Was talking to the guy last night..he had originally told me that he was a therapist with a bachelor's degree working at the psychiatric hospital. Now he tells me that he is the maintenance man at the hospital. I guess his mom is a psychiatrist there and she got him the job.

He was talking about marrying me. Bruh, it's been one week, almost two, but honestly men ALWAYS move too fast with me.
That happened to me once. Man told me he was a doctor found out he does the charts. Then caught an attitude when I confronted him about it. But men wanna be upset that I wear makeup, go away troll.

That happened to me once. Man told me he was a doctor found out he does the charts. Then caught an attitude when I confronted him about it. But men wanna be upset that I wear makeup, go away troll.

What bold lies :lachen:

Ok- my contract is up with my current client. He is asking to extend for 60 days until we hear if the project is picked up for another year. If the contract is picked up, I am going to ask for $9 more an hour... I am kinda nervous with the taxes but hopefully it will all work out.

I have a non compete clause (which is standard) but now that I realized how in demand I am it makes it tricky for me to pursue similar work. I haven't signed yet... with the new contract, I am going to make my own demands- like payment within 30 days of invoice. I am still waiting on my March balance and my invoice for April just went out *insert angry face*

Ok- my contract is up with my current client. He is asking to extend for 60 days until we hear if the project is picked up for another year. If the contract is picked up, I am going to ask for $9 more an hour... I am kinda nervous with the taxes but hopefully it will all work out.

I have a non compete clause (which is standard) but now that I realized how in demand I am it makes it tricky for me to pursue similar work. I haven't signed yet... with the new contract, I am going to make my own demands- like payment within 30 days of invoice. I am still waiting on my March balance and my invoice for April just went out *insert angry face*
Nice to see another successful black woman unafraid to ask for what she deserves.

You ever find yourself at a place in life where you want things to stay just the way they are? That’s where I am now. Every time I’ve been in this place before, I allowed myself to get sucked into a relationship that ultimately wasn’t worth my time. I realized a while back that I must fight to maintain this position. Even though I’m honest with the men I’m dating, I still get that resistance from them. That type of pressure for lack of a better word, to get more deeply involved than I want to. This might be the first time I break up with a guy because of this type of pressure. He’s not hounding me although he has mentioned a few things that I will never consider, and I know it’s in the back of his mind. Sucks because I like him and I love the space I have with him. I want to keep my space the way it is, nothing more.

Dude just text me a pic of a luxury home in the 'burbs and said, "when you buying me this house?"

I just cant be bothered with these low rent ninjas.

Hes platonic but it irks me regardless. Its typical of some responses i get when some dudes realize im not living hand to mouth.

conversly, because i dont buy designer, dont have an expensive or even this decade car lol, female friends assume im broke. today my admin assumed i could qualify for affordable housing :confused: i.e section 8 (also file that under #blackwomenatwork). lawd.

anyway when im ready to try, ill find a fancy lounge, get ONE designer dress, shoes and bag and post up. Gotta get away from these futureless dudes.

What's your secret

This happened to me also a few years back. Guy told me that he's a teacher but was really the janitor. o_O

I guess they figure by the time you find out the truth, it'll be too late because you're already hooked. Smh well he figured wrong.
You are correct because I couldn't get past the lie. It was so unnecessary. It made me question every single thing after that, I couldn't do it and walked away. He also had other issues. That fool tried for a year to get me back, :nono: but issa nawl fo me dawg.

Back