Maybe Mercury retrograde can explain why I've been feeling bad these last couple of days. Ugh. And I was doing so well, too.

I'm still a little bitter about the situation with the guy who played me. He's a player and is rewarded with a revolving door of women who want him. Meanwhile, I'm still very single. What incentive do players have to change when being bad works so well for them?

Horrible! But they didn't announce it until I was stuck between Chambers and Canal on the C train. Like come on announce it so I can get off and walk. I was stuck for 32 minutes.
I would have had a heart attack. Luckily I found out when I was about to get on the D train. I just had to hop out with the mob and switch to the 4 at Yankee stadium.

@KammyGirl good thing you stayed home today boo. All that stress would have been compounded with the horrible commute this morning. There was a "power outage" and all the trains were messed up. B is an idiot.
I heard! I got the notification on my phone and then someone from work text me asking if I was there because she was stuck on the train and didn't know when she would be get in.

Maybe Mercury retrograde can explain why I've been feeling bad these last couple of days. Ugh. And I was doing so well, too.

I'm still a little bitter about the situation with the guy who played me. He's a player and is rewarded with a revolving door of women who want him. Meanwhile, I'm still very single. What incentive do players have to change when being bad works so well for them?
This reminds me of a convo I had with the woman at work. She asked if I believed in karma. I said I wasn't sure because there are some people walking around doing awful things that never reap what they sow. I know plenty of perpetual cheaters with no incentive to change their ways when the women fight over them.

We talked about this though because her ex did her dirty. Like homeboy freaked out after 30 years of marriage asking for 3somes, cheating not coming home, got a little Vietnamese "massage therapist" moved her in the house and put the wife out. He pays the wife a hefty monthly sum and she works because she's bored. This lady owns an apartment on Wall Street and offered it to me for when I don't want to travel back to Brooklyn in bad weather. Lol And she owns an apartment on the Upper East Side. After a few years he now has terrible health, 2 heart surgeries, Vietnamese whore is draining his bank accounts and this woman thinks it's his karma. I'm not sure I believe that.

This reminds me of a convo I had with the woman at work. She asked if I believed in karma. I said I wasn't sure because there are some people walking around doing awful things that never reap what they sow. I know plenty of perpetual cheaters with no incentive to change their ways when the women fight over them.

We talked about this though because her ex did her dirty. Like homeboy freaked out after 30 years of marriage asking for 3somes, cheating not coming home, got a little Vietnamese "massage therapist" moved her in the house and put the wife out. He pays the wife a hefty monthly sum and she works because she's bored. This lady owns an apartment on Wall Street and offered it to me for when I don't want to travel back to Brooklyn in bad weather. Lol And she owns an apartment on the Upper East Side. After a few years he now has terrible health, 2 heart surgeries, Vietnamese whore is draining his bank accounts and this woman thinks it's his karma. I'm not sure I believe that.
I thought Karma was for afterlife, not immediate. :perplexed:

Ugh.

Awww sorry to hear! :perplexed:

Crazy, nowadays I have been in higher spirits!

Thanks.
:bighug: It helps to talk about it. Have you stood firm on cutting all contact with that guy?

I messed around last Friday when I was drunk and text him :wallbash: (I'm cutting back on the liquor until I'm in a better frame of mind). He replied and I asked him if he was getting off work. He said he said "no, but I'm busy at the moment. Not trying to come across rude, can I hit you tomorrow". This was 10:30 at night, so of course, my mind is wandering. He never did text me back, but I knew I shouldn't have text him in the first place so I blocked him. Not that it matters, he probably won't ever try to contact me again.

So I guess it's the finality of everything that has me feeling this way. Like this really has to be it, I don't have a choice but to close this chapter for good and heal if I want to be open to finding someone else someday. Slipping up with him in January was a major setback and I don't think I realized just how much at the time.

Things are so quiet and the silence is deafening, if you know what I mean. Like I'm completely alone now. Not even just in terms of the opposite sex, I don't have any friends either. It's hard.

Last edited:
Ugh.

Thanks.

I messed around last Friday when I was drunk and text him :wallbash: (I'm cutting back on the liquor until I'm in a better frame of mind). He replied and I asked him if he was getting off work. He said he said "no, but I'm busy at the moment. Not trying to come across rude, can I hit you tomorrow". This was 10:30 at night, so of course, my mind is wandering. He never did text me back, but I knew I shouldn't have text him in the first place so I blocked him. Not that it matters, he probably won't ever try to contact me again.

So I guess it's the finality of everything that has me feeling this way. Like this really has to be it, I don't have a choice but to close this chapter for good and heal if I want to be open to finding someone else someday. Slipping up with him in January was a major setback and I don't think I realized just how much at the time.

Things are so quiet and the silence is deafening, if you know what I mean. Like I'm completely alone now. Not even just in terms of the opposite sex, I don't have any friends either. It's hard.
Sis you can't be putting your hand in that fire over and over again and getting down when you get burned. Open up room for something positive to come into your life. Not just talking about a man. :bighug:

Ugh.

Thanks.

Big hug to you @MzLady78

Ugh.

Thanks.

Yep. Been there. Abstaining from alcohol until you heal is a good idea. I had to do it. I would feel so empowered and then after a few drinks I'd be in the dumps again. And definitely stick to your guns with cutting off contact. It is hard but necessary to finally break the soul tie.

I'm with you on feeling alone. I've drifted apart from most of my friends and right now I'm starting from scratch. It is tough making friends as an adult, but not impossible. If being single was like SATC for most women, we'd all feel a lot better.

Do you have any hobbies? Who were you before this man came in and drained you of your energy?

It's awfully dreary in here :/ I understand the despair, I've been there, but c'mon ladies! This is the time in our lives we get to be completely selfish and do whatever the *** we want! (Unless you have kids...but even then, you can kinda do selfish things sometimes maybe? I dunno).

My new travel buddies backed out on me for Jazz Fest in Nola...and I'm going solo and will have a mutha-effen-BALL!
:band2:
This fro and this bum and this brain guarantees me fun times when I'm out and about solo (and I don't mean sex, but it could happen if I want it).

Travel may not be your thing, but find something that brings you joy, because if you feel empty, a man is only a temporary fix.

OAN: I suggest therapy. I've been seeing a therapist regularly for about a month and I'm mad at myself for not seeking mental health support sooner. I also have a financial advisor (free), and a personal trainer (free cuz he thinks I'm sessy). Ima be the best me for me.

Back