Sometimes I feel like women settle for these men that I'm saying no to and it works out for them in the end, because they get a ring.

The guy who lives in the building I work in started to text me again. I've seen you bring women home, then leave in the morning, and you try to convince me they are just friends. I also saw how you disrespected your ex. I just keep telling him to leave me alone to do my job.

The guy who "thinks I'm perfect but didn't plan on dating someone with a child" called me up after we haven't seen each other in a couple of months to ask me if I can meet up with him in 20 minutes. What woman of value would you ask out by saying "I'm already out but if you can be ready in 20 minutes we can meet up before I head home"?

F these n's.
both them dudes are completely disrespectful.

Sometimes I feel like women settle for these men that I'm saying no to and it works out for them in the end, because they get a ring.

Looking at some of the women I know who settled for those men, it took years for these men to finally act right. Some of them did eventually become good husbands, but the women went through a lot to get to that point. I think the fairy tale situations are rare, especially for those who partnered up in their early to mid twenties. Many happy marriages went through some growing pains. I think patience is a key characteristic in women who marry young and remain married. That's something I just didn't have then and barely have now.

The guy who lives in the building I work in started to text me again. I've seen you bring women home, then leave in the morning, and you try to convince me they are just friends. I also saw how you disrespected your ex. I just keep telling him to leave me alone to do my job.

The guy who "thinks I'm perfect but didn't plan on dating someone with a child" called me up after we haven't seen each other in a couple of months to ask me if I can meet up with him in 20 minutes. What woman of value would you ask out by saying "I'm already out but if you can be ready in 20 minutes we can meet up before I head home"?

F these n's.

I have two guys that keep doing me like this. What do they think they have women On-Demand now??? I just ignore the text messages asking to meet within the next hour or two. Booooooo Any man serious about a woman will not do that. I think they are juggling.

I'm in a weird place with dating right now. I worry that I'm becoming jaded. I've gone on a few random dates in the past 2 weeks and it's almost like I regretted them before I even left. I've been single for over a year and have gone on what to me seems like a lot of dates, but I have only been really interested in one guy this entire time. It didn't work out with him because he ultimately was not interested in committing. The rest have just been so blah; they have the education/career/looks that I like but no personality or vice versa.

I think I need to just stop. Just completely stop trying before I become jaded. It's not fun right now. It feels like work.

I'm in a weird place with dating right now. I worry that I'm becoming jaded. I've gone on a few random dates in the past 2 weeks and it's almost like I regretted them before I even left. I've been single for over a year and have gone on what to me seems like a lot of dates, but I have only been really interested in one guy this entire time. It didn't work out with him because he ultimately was not interested in committing. The rest have just been so blah; they have the education/career/looks that I like but no personality or vice versa.

I think I need to just stop. Just completely stop trying before I become jaded. It's not fun right now. It feels like work.

Jaded is technically defined as being bored of something, after having too much of it...which isn't bad, in my opinion :look:

You probably just need a break to reset and refocus. Detox yourself of the dude, rather than subconsciously looking for a replacement. I did this a few years ago and it took a while for me to realize what I was doing and why it wasn't working.

I go on "dates", but it's really just to hang out and get to know someone, not really looking to seriously date. I haven't met anyone in the last few years that I've been genuinely interested in; it has all felt like "work". I was completing a task or doing a job I wasn't really good at. I'm a great friend and fun to hang out with but I am not good at dating and putting on a facade of interest. The toxic guy I had in my life before has become a thing of the past, a memory that's fun to think about but I no longer have any interest in. I am focused on doing things that I really like doing. I don't like dates but I like drinks, food, and good convo. I'm no longer looking for him in another dude.

If you are truly looking for love, then I hope you find it, but I would focus on not trying and just live every moment and truly enjoy it. When guys ask me out I tell them I'm not really looking for a relationship or sex but if they want to hang out and do something fun then I'm with it. I have no idea how this will work out for me in the long-term, but I'm happy and I don't have that anxiety of going out and meeting people because I'm not putting any pressure on myself.

I'm really comfortable being in my own space so I don't allow too many people in that space, especially if the energy isn't right. There's this Warsan Shire quote that I love: "My alone feels so good, I'll only have you if you're sweeter than my solitude.”

Good luck with everything.

THIS

I've been there and I'm kinda there now. The feeling for me was more like exhaustion. I put so much thought and energy into the early stages of dating only for it to go stale. All of the time/cash put into looking like a bombshell on the date and then I'd turn up the charisma and charm-- in the end it felt like a waste once they got cold feet or decided to get back with the ex. That was fun in my 20s but I'm tired now. When I start dating again-- I'm chilling. Most of these guys aren't worth the glitter and glam in the early stages for me anymore. I'll show up cute, but that's it. You have to earn goddess. I'm sitting back and listening instead of talking. And I'm ending dates early until the guy proves he's worth late night. At this point I have nothing to lose.

So I asked dude if there was anything about me he wanted to know, and commented about how this is a lot of small talk and no real conversation.

He asks me if I'm married or have kids. Both answers are on my profile. Then he's like "I've never really put a lot of effort into getting to know someone on here, this is new to me". I'm like "well, it's not that much different from meeting someone IRL, you'd want to get to know them, right". Haven't heard from him since. Cool, you can get the block, IDGAF.

Let me just chill. I don't have the energy or patience right now.

So he hit me on POF since I wasn't answering his texts. Talking about what time do I get off and am I free to meet for drinks. I'm like I assumed you weren't interested since you didn't respond to my last text. He says not at all, he was just busy with work, and now that he's back home, we can actually talk instead of texting.

Meh.

Last edited:
So he hit me on POF since I wasn't answering his texts. Talking about what time do I get off and am I free to meet for drinks. I'm like I assumed you weren't interested since you didn't respond to my last text. He says not at all, he was just busy with work, and now that he's back home, we can actually talk instead of texting.

Meh.
He could have given you the decency to say- I am at work, will call when I get out.

Lies and BS.

Look who is now hitting me up talking about he will drive to Laurel.... *eye ****ing roll*
"Come on now......I been at you for a minute. I just don't know D.C. like that..." among the many texts he sends... but the last time I heard from you was Tuesday. It is Thursday- now you want me to drop my plans to meet up with you tomorrow???

Gave cancer researcher my number... instead of calling he messages me on Tinder at 0100 this morning "What area code is that?" #idiot

At least Lee came back to give me the business today. That will be 3x already this week with another appointment for tomorrow and Saturday. Son comes back Sunday and so quickly my vacation went.

Woman has baby with boyfriend (I assume). Boyfriend dies.
Woman is just now meeting boyfriend's family after he dies.
Baby is 3 months old...

An ex girlfriend is posting screenshots of boyfriend professing love to her with some caption about grieving and missing dude. Woman get mad and deletes photo. Family comes after woman saying ex girlfriend has the right to grieve.

Does ANYONE else look at this like WTF- or is it just me.

Baby is 3 months old...

An ex girlfriend is posting screenshots of boyfriend professing love to her with some caption about grieving and missing dude. Woman get mad and deletes photo. Family comes after woman saying ex girlfriend has the right to grieve.

It is a wtf. Even on the baby mommas part. The family has known ex gf longer. Why hadn't they met the baby momma sooner? The ex gf lacks tact...but hey, that might've been her man too, soooo :look:

Why hadn't they met the baby momma sooner? The ex gf lacks tact...but hey, that might've been her man too, soooo :look:
That is my main question. So we having babies now without even meeting family members??? Did they even know about her? We are just making it too easy for these males.
And that second part- that is exactly what I was thinking. I was going to write that too but then I just thought I would be looked at as petty.

Baby is 3 months old...

My friend's boyfriend died and all his side chicks were grieving on SM too. We made her deactivate her SM accounts. :look:

Men like to make women their options but they hate it being done to them...
When you stop caring, they start. Such a game *thinking out loud*

I've come to realize that most men date like this. Even when overhearing conversations between male acquaintances and family members-- men with options treat dating and romance like just another recreational activity. They are passionate about career, hobbies, and sex and all of that comes first until they meet a woman they are crazy about. If they aren't really into you like that in the beginning, you feel it.

We know this stuff. We know how different it all feels when dealing with guys we don't like vs. the ones we do.

This is why I'm chilling. I spent too many years trying to fit into the lives of men who were lukewarm about me. Every guy I sat around and made excuses for was out there chasing his dream girl hard. No doubt about it. We know how it feels to be chased and desired. Why do we make exceptions when we actually like the guy? If a dude wants my time, he's going to have to work for it or else he's cancelled. Alpha males aren't used to women standing up to them. They gon' learn today!

Bad week. Multiple breakdowns. I'm definitely going through something right now. I think island dude was a distraction for a little bit, but now with him out of the picture, I'm kind of back to where I was before I met him. I deleted all my online profiles. I'm done, at least for awhile.

Last edited:
I went to a party with my girl last night and while we were waiting for the bartender, this guy told my friend that if the bartender came to him first, he'd order our drinks and vice versa. So the bartender came to him first and the guy wouldn't take our money. We thanked him for buying our drinks and walked away. About, 15-20 minutes later he found us and tried to spark a conversation with me (again we're at a party). He asked me a few questions, gave me his card and told me to let him know if I wanted another drink. Another 15-20 minutes passed, he came back and asked if I was ready for another round of questions. I declined... I'm trying to enjoy a night out with my girl and this fool is trying to interview me... no thanks!

I went to a party with my girl last night and while we were waiting for the bartender, this guy told my friend that if the bartender came to him first, he'd order our drinks and vice versa. So the bartender came to him first and the guy wouldn't take our money. We thanked him for buying our drinks and walked away. About, 15-20 minutes later he found us and tried to spark a conversation with me (again we're at a party). He asked me a few questions, gave me his card and told me to let him know if I wanted another drink. Another 15-20 minutes passed, he came back and asked if I was ready for another round of questions. I declined... I'm trying to enjoy a night out with my girl and this fool is trying to interview me... no thanks!
He did that all wrong. You buy the drinks, chat, give the card and leave. And then maybe at the end of the night try to show his face again so you remember you have his card and think about calling him. Not come pestering you every 20 minutes. What a nuisance. Was he good looking?

My friend is married but getting a divorce and just so happens to work for a doctor. He told her that when she is ready to start dating that he knows some single doctors. She's gonna have to drop some major pounds though.

I'm working on losing weight and clearing up my skin even more than it is myself. Promo pics for what I've been talking about will probably need to be shot in August or September.

Last edited:
Back