I haven't read through this thread, but I'm sure it's been discussed.

What is up with these men wanting to hang out at your house or his house before taking you out on a date? smh.

No, I don't want you to cook me a meal....no, you can't come over and chill and no, I'm not coming over to your crib to watch Netflix and spend the majority of my time (probably) fighting you off of me. :rolleyes:

What is up with these men wanting to hang out at your house or his house before taking you out on a date? smh.

No, I don't want you to cook me a meal....no, you can't come over and chill and no, I'm not coming over to your crib to watch Netflix and spend the majority of my time (probably) fighting you off of me. :rolleyes:
giphy.gif

I love it. It makes it easier for me to ramage through the undesirables.

People keep asking me why I'm taking a break? I feel like I'm almost ready to start dating again but I'm really in no rush. But everyone says that regardless of how I feel I should keep at it and not waste time. But I don't want to date just to say I'm in the game!

I'm confused now :confused:

I need some lipstick that will survive this man.. We can't make it out of the car without most of it being gone. :lachen::lachen:
Our last date there was lipstick on his pants.. I sincerely don't know how that happened. :drunk::look:

Any lipstick recommendations?

Mac liquid matte lipstick will survive anything! I had a turn up in miami & that mess was still on in the morning.

I'm finally back home after days of Murphy's Law being in full effect.

I was supposed to come back Tuesday, but Monday night I fell down the stairs and hurt my foot. I couldn't walk on it so I rescheduled my flight for Wednesday. There was a 3 hour delay leaving T&C, my connecting flight in Charlotte got rebooked twice, I had to spend the night in a hotel.

Just as I suspected might happen, me and dude are no longer speaking. It was a disaster. We simply don't get along, we're too different and we handle conflict differently, read: he doesn't deal with it at all, he just shuts down. He was ZERO help when I hurt my foot, I actually didn't see him at all that day. I hit him up around dinner time because I was hungry and he told me to try to get something to eat, he was out with guests. Again, I rescheduled my flight because I couldn't walk. After 20 minutes of waiting for him to try to find me a working link to some place that delivered, I limped my ssa to the closest restaurant I could find. This is just one example of how inconsiderate and uncaring he was towards me. Which shouldn't be a big surprise because that's how he was before I even left.

So yeah, I can admit, I screwed up here. We'd get into it, he'd drop me home and the next day, I'd try to smooth things over because I really didn't want things to end badly. That's just my personality, but I'm realizing sometimes it has to so that you don't keep the door open for that person to come back and hurt you later. I was stubborn and hardheaded and I paid for it. Lesson learned.

Last edited:

They don't want to spend no money or broke

Thank you!!!:D

Bahahah Bet! We can troll for rich men :auto:

Thank you doll!:D

Sorry your trip didn't turn out as planned though :oops::rose: something/someone better awaits.

Thanks. I just got bonus miles from American Airlines for my troubles and there are plenty other islands to visit. :eyebrows2:

But I do really like T&C and would go back one day. The place I stayed this time was perfect as far as location and convenience, and was just a nice property in general. I could walk to the best happy hour on the island (2 for 1 on EVERY drink, no matter what it was) and the guys there loved me, despite someone's insistence that I "brought negative energy wherever I went" :rolleyes:.

Hey y'all.

So I started a new job recently, Assistant Controller, and there's one other person in my age group. She's 30 I'm turning 28. She's a hot ass mess in terms of her relationship ideals. She's bragging about not needing a man and doing it all for herself. She's 50/50 in relationships :barf::barf::barf: She lets her half boyfriend drive her car cause she can't find parking on her block... she lives in Queens and he lives in Brooklyn. So she takes the train to work in the mornings and he picks her up in the afternoon and he's late every single day.

She drove me home on Tuesday and that's how I discovered ALL of this. I just texted main Bae and asked if he wanted me to come over with dinner and he said no he'all get the fried chicken I like and to let myself in. When he got home from work I told him everything word for word and he just looked at me. I said don't get no ideas you already know my money is staying in my purse.

This new dude is finished. We disagree on a lot more than I thought. So I say something he doesn't like while we're "debating" and funny man hangs up on me. Hell no. I don't call back, I don't text I just go on with my night.

He texts later and says are you ready to speak like an adult? Excuse me? He's out of his mind. I don't respond. He calls. I don't answer. He calls again and again and again. Finally I answer telling him to f*** off and we will not be speaking again. He tries to flip the whole situation telling me I verbally abused him and he wasn't going to take it. Y'all I did nothing of the sort. Nothing! Not even close. I had no idea we were having a problem until he hung up on me mid sentence. His mind game almost worked because I found myself trying to explain in the beginning telling him that wasn't the case. Then I was like nah blocked.

This is exhausting. I don't think I've ever had this much trouble dating. But I've been dating in my age group this time around and it's really challenging for me.

@KammyGirl I don't blame you one bit. He had some nerve.

"are you ready to speak like an adult?" I would have been tempted to go off. Do not speak to me like that.
Then had the nerve to switch it around on me like I did something to him. I swear it almost worked for a minute. I was saying no no don't feel like that and when I almost said "I'm sorry" that's when I realized what was happening. Before the words came out I was like wth am I sorry for? I didn't do anything. Goodbye sir.

That Kylie or the other Jenner/Kardashian. The one that has a line? Yeah that one...my coworkers rocks those. Her lipcolor stays put all day.

Honestly I thought that men prefer the lipstick rings left over for effect. Why do you need your lip color to stay put? Just askin'.

Because we are on a date and I dont like my make-up looking messed up before we get to dinner. :lachen::lachen:
Mac liquid matte lipstick will survive anything! I had a turn up in miami & that mess was still on in the morning.
Noted! Thanks guys.. beauty bakerie and MAC liquid.

Ugh, sorry @KammyGirl. I'm with @TwoSnapsUp, that would have made me flip.

Sounds a lot like me and dude. If we disagreed by text, he'd just stop replying. If we were together, he'd take me home. Nothing ever got resolved. He's so determined to be "drama free" (he told me he hadn't had this much drama in his life in over 10 years, let him tell it, I'm the anti-Christ:rolleyes:) that he won't entertain anything that isn't rainbows and butterflies. But it cant be that way all the time. If I feel some way about how I'm being treated, I'm gonna say something.

I did feel a little sad when I realized that that "good morning" text isn't coming. And that once again, I'll find myself checking to make sure phone is still on because it's so quiet.

But I guess on the plus side, there's no more waiting 5 hours for a reply to "how's your day going".

Last edited:
:bighug:Men suck but, as we all know, this too shall pass. Soon you won't even remember his name!

Sounds a lot like me and dude. If we disagreed by text, he'd just stop replying. If we were together, he'd take me home. Nothing ever got resolved. He's so determined to be drama free (he told me he hadn't had this much drama in his life in over 10 years, let him tell it, I'm the anti-Christ:rolleyes:) that he won't entertain anything that isn't rainbows and butterflies. But it cant be that way all the time. If I feel some way about how I'm being treated, I'm gonna say something.

I did feel a little sad when I realized that that "good morning" text isn't coming. And that once again, I'll find myself checking to make sure phone is still on because it's so quiet.

But I guess on the plus side, there's no more waiting 5 hours for a reply to "how's your day going".

So that marry down thread got me thinking. My client turned my contract semi permanent - so my salary will never be less than it is now. Plus the work in this area is plentiful, from his connections and what I been securing myself so really the only place to go money wise is up.
But where are the (black) men? Am I too late age wise? i just refuse to believe Lee is the best I can find.

Sounds a lot like me and dude. If we disagreed by text, he'd just stop replying. If we were together, he'd take me home. Nothing ever got resolved. He's so determined to be "drama free" (he told me he hadn't had this much drama in his life in over 10 years, let him tell it, I'm the anti-Christ:rolleyes:) that he won't entertain anything that isn't rainbows and butterflies. But it cant be that way all the time. If I feel some way about how I'm being treated, I'm gonna say something.

It's frustrating! I'm sorry your trip didn't go as planned but good riddance to that guy, right? Onto bigger and better. :bighug:

Back