So we spent the WHOLE weekend together and didn't kill each other. So I guess it's official :look:
We did paint night and had so much fun. I talked to a few of his friends and they asked what kind of voodoo I was using on him cause he's a thug and doesn't do stuff like painting! :lachen: And I got video so I could use it against him later and show to his boys.......we really had a great time.

So we spent the WHOLE weekend together and didn't kill each other. So I guess it's official :look:
We did paint night and had so much fun. I talked to a few of his friends and they asked what kind of voodoo I was using on him cause he's a thug and doesn't do stuff like painting! :lachen: And I got video so I could use it against him later and show to his boys.......we really had a great time.
I thought paint was a code word for sex. Until I saw you really meant paint :lachen:

Last edited:
Rant: (Random Thoughts)

I need to start documenting my trysts, so I can get feedback about certain things. At times, I feel like a Spartan then back to Basic behavior after a few... Let me revisit MDLWLY!!!

I truly need to do better at vetting, but what does that entail... I give out number way to often, because I hardly check dating sites, so if we communicate back and forth its easier to give number, but now I have a ton of text pals.

Maybe I am too patient, or not patient enough. I feel like texting back and forth, no calls after a week, no meetup after 2 weeks is wasting time, especially in same area.

"Look I'mma be honest, I need a woman in my life. I just came home from doing five long yrs, for a pistol charge. I want u to take me off the market. I need love, I miss being in the arms of a woman."

*stunned face* not sure why dude thought he could try me. I felt like responding back with a "you could NEVER" but not gonna make him feel low. Just blocked him instead.

In other news- back to back coloring this weekend with Lee. I even got an "I love you" before one of the sessions. I didn't say it back and I think I hurt his feelings *shrug*

I need to start documenting my trysts, so I can get feedback about certain things. At times, I feel like a Spartan then back to Basic behavior after a few... Let me revisit MDLWLY!!!

I truly need to do better at vetting, but what does that entail... I give out number way to often, because I hardly check dating sites, so if we communicate back and forth its easier to give number, but now I have a ton of text pals.

Maybe I am too patient, or not patient enough. I feel like texting back and forth, no calls after a week, no meetup after 2 weeks is wasting time, especially in same area.
I think you aren't doing anything wrong. What's best for you could change later. And don't let anyone tell you different. I feel the same way about your last paragraph. Moving on!!!! I don't have time to waste. I'm too old now! :lachen:
Girl and block any fools who's not making movement. Pals are for kids....this ain't sesame street!!!!

I think finding guys elsewhere would help in your case. I absolutely do not do street dudes. Too random with no rapport. Although this could change because there are exceptions to the rule, right?

Online dating is not my first choice, but this is why I prefer Okcupid over the rest. You get a writing sample and you get their stats up front. Kids? Yes or no. Divorcee? Yes or no. Employed? Doing what? Do you have a life/Hobbies.

You don't have to start from scratch because allll of that basic **** is covered and you can start your conversation with some kind of substance. (see? You'll know quickly if he has substance)

If online isn't your thing, try something else. There are different ways of meeting men. For example, get a hobby or try hanging at a venue that you don't frequent. Go with a friend or alone.

Had a date tonight. I can't believe I had a great time. We went to a movie, then one of my fav places, then one of his favorite places after my place closed on us. We enjoyed each other. We only did a little peck on the lips at the end of the night. I think I'll see him again. Smart, funny, sarcastic but playful and I think I kinda like him. He's seeing other people and he's been upfront about that. If I get too attached and he is still dating I'll have to let him go but I'm getting ahead of myself. I'll enjoy him for now.

I drank an entire bottle of wine before I left my house on Saturday...went to my favorite spot and they kept feeding me whiskey sours :(

I was drunkkkk. Baller bae came over and apparently...I told him I loved him and brought up children :lachen: I only know because he told me.

The next morning I was sick as a frog. He made me breakfast in bed but was upset that I was too hungover to eat it. I get on each and everyone of his nerves and he likes it:)

Im still on my no dating in march rule. Got too many things to focus on. Ive been working myself to the bone. I have 2 brunch parties to go to this weekend. My first outing in a long time. Im trying not to be lazy and actually doll myself up. Its so much effort to doll up because im not that girl day to day. But im gonna make sure i look cute.

So this is about to be a wrap. Y'all can go on ahead and say "I told you".

I'm leaving Saturday and we're hanging on by a thread. According to him, all I do is complain. I mentioned a few posts back that communication had dropped off again. He used to text me before I even got out the bed. Now it'll be 9:00, I'm at work and I'll have to hit him. He'll respond and then I won't hear from him for the rest of the day. After 2 days in a row of this, I said something about it, hence the "all you do is complain". Was the same thing yesterday so I asked if he honestly still wanted to see me and that if not, I could make other arrangements. He asks what kind of statement is that, says that I'm full of drama and if I feel like I need to make other arrangements, feel free to do so. I'm like damn, I'm just asking cuz you're barely speaking to me.

I told him yesterday, I'm not gonna feel bad about wanting attention. But he doesn't wanna give it (he says he never said he didn't) and I'm not gonna beg for it. He's doing that typical guy BS- start off one way, then switch up and wonder why I'm frustrated and try to make it seem like I'm in the wrong.

I'm just gonna leave him be until Saturday, and make the best of the trip. He'll be working and I'm in a more central location this time, I don't need him to drive me around. By the time I leave, he'll be getting ready for his cruise and we can both go on with our lives from there. I'm not feeling any particular way about it. I'll just do things differently if there's a next time.

Last edited:
I think finding guys elsewhere would help in your case. I absolutely do not do street dudes. Too random with no rapport. Although this could change because there are exceptions to the rule, right?

Online dating is not my first choice, but this is why I prefer Okcupid over the rest. You get a writing sample and you get their stats up front. Kids? Yes or no. Divorcee? Yes or no. Employed? Doing what? Do you have a life/Hobbies.

You don't have to start from scratch because allll of that basic **** is covered and you can start your conversation with some kind of substance. (see? You'll know quickly if he has substance)

If online isn't your thing, try something else. There are different ways of meeting men. For example, get a hobby or try hanging at a venue that you don't frequent. Go with a friend or alone.
Yea I am figuring that, I need to get out more, gotta force self as I literally walk to and from work... :perplexed:

So this is about to be a wrap. Y'all can go on ahead and say "I told you".

I'm leaving Saturday and we're hanging on by a thread. According to him, all I do is complain. I mentioned a few posts back that communication had dropped off again. He used to text me before I even got out the bed. Now it'll be 9:00, I'm at work and I'll have to hit him. He'll respond and then I won't hear from him for the rest of the day. After 2 days in a row of this, I said something about it, hence the "all you do is complain". Was the same thing yesterday so I asked if he honestly still wanted to see me and that if not, I could make other arrangements. He asks what kind of statement is that, says that I'm full of drama and if I feel like I need to make other arrangements, feel free to do so. I'm like damn, I'm just asking cuz you're barely speaking to me.

I told him yesterday, I'm not gonna feel bad about wanting attention. But he doesn't wanna give it (he says he never said he didn't) and I'm not gonna beg for it. He's doing that typical guy BS- start off one way, then switch up and wonder why I'm frustrated and try to make it seem like I'm in the wrong.

I'm just gonna leave him be until Saturday, and make the best of the trip. He'll be working and I'm in a more central location this time, I don't need him to drive me around. By the time I leave, he'll be getting ready for his cruise and we can both go on with our lives from there. I'm not feeling any particular way about it. I'll just do things differently if there's a next time.
I wish I could cuss him out for you! But you know what, enjoy that nice hotel room on his dime and have some fun while you're there.

So the guy I went out with last night was the last person that messaged me on OKC before I deleted my profile. We had a couple conversations and he asked for my number. I gave it to him but didn't think much about it at all and deleted my profile not really wanting to be bothered with online dating anymore.

But things happened the way I've been expecting them to happen with this guy. We chatted, he asked for my number, he texted and chatted then called (ugh! this part was difficult for me and he could tell but I didn't care) then asked me out and we went out. This happened in the span of 1-2 days. That's what I'm talking about. That is how online dating should go for men and women who are actually interested in dating. Not endless chats and no movement. And this guy is texting and chatty today about how our mornings went and how he ran late for his meeting. I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm just saying this is how these things should go. I hate time wasters.

I wish I could cuss him out for you! But you know what, enjoy that nice hotel room on his dime and have some fun while you're there.

I mean, am I wrong? Like, I get that this wasn't supposed to be some great love affair, but WTF? Even the worst dudes I've dealt with would hit me up and ask about my day, how's work going, etc. In general, take SOME interest in me and my life. You say like 3 sentences to me in 2 days, but are surprised that I'm wondering if you actually want to see me and try to make me out to be some kind of drama queen? I don't know. I guess my vision of how this would go is very different from his.

It's like old dude 2.0 and I can't do it. I won't do it.

I mean, am I wrong? Like, I get that this wasn't supposed to be some great love affair, but WTF? Even the worst dudes I've dealt with would hit me up and ask about my day, how's work going, etc. In general, take SOME interest in me and my life. You say like 3 sentences to me in 2 days, but are surprised that I'm wondering if you actually want to see me and try to make me out to be some kind of drama queen? I don't know. I guess my vision of how this would go is very different from his.

Don't compromise. Classic dude behavior to make you think like what you are asking for is wrong....or too much. Then move your ass out of the way so I can get it from someone else!

At this point I don't think it matters if he wants to see you or not. What matters is do you want to see him, someone who isn't showing any interest or excitement, someone who is putting in zero effort. It's all about what you want, period. And his behavior has nothing to do with you or your value. He is just showing you who he really is. You met his representative the first trip. Stand up for MzLady. Make a stand for your beautiful self and leave him be.

I would ditch him on the trip. Ignore ignore ignore.

I'm really not sure "hey, thanks for paying for the room, but no, you can't see me" is a smart move. I'm not at all comfortable with that.

And no, I don't have the money to just pay him for it before anyone asks.

He just needs to cancel the res and suck it up if any fees. Not your problem. I wouldn't go if I were you. Alone, to a place with no friends, and a ticked off guy? Nope. Not me, not I. I'd just cancel all together with no explanation. I'd say I won't be coming after all. Good bye. Block. JMHO.

He just needs to cancel the res and suck it up if any fees. Not your problem. I wouldn't go if I were you. Alone, to a place with no friends, and a ticked off guy? Nope. Not me, not I. I'd just cancel all together with no explanation. I'd say I won't be coming after all. Good bye. Block. JMHO.

Thank you @hopeful. I would just have to take the L on the ticket and be done with it. Doesn't feel safe.

I'm really not sure "hey, thanks for paying for the room, but no, you can't see me" is a smart move. I'm not at all comfortable with that.

And no, I don't have the money to just pay him for it before anyone asks.
I do kinda understand this. But you don't really have to respond at all if you're planning on going. Same way he's been doing.

I wouldnt go back to the island to see him either. Mzlady is it too late to switch your plane ticket and go somewhere else? He shouldve just stayed a fling. Aint no way im gonna go alllllll the way to another country to see a man who is barely speaking to me and not retuning texts. Nah. Thats precious time u could be finding someone else.

If u do go i wouldnt make too much of an effort to see him. A hi and bye. And leave it at that. Go find u someone else

I wouldnt go back to the island to see him either. Mzlady is it too late to switch your plane ticket and go somewhere else? He shouldve just stayed a fling. Aint no way im gonna go alllllll the way to another country to see a man who is barely speaking to me and not retuning texts. Nah. Thats precious time u could be finding someone else.

If u do go i wouldnt make too much of an effort to see him. A hi and bye. And leave it at that. Go find u someone else

I can't change my ticket without incurring a bunch of fees, and then there's still the issue of lodging.

The bolded is pretty much how I was feeling. Him aside, I've been looking forward to this trip and actually want to go, I think that fact is getting lost here. I'm not letting him ruin my weekend.

I can't change my ticket without incurring a bunch of fees, and then there's still the issue of lodging.

The bolded is pretty much how I was feeling. Him aside, I've been looking forward to this trip and actually want to go, I think that fact is getting lost here. I'm not letting him ruin my weekend.

It's not lost on us. We are thinking about you and your safety. And your happiness. You also don't seem to have the funds to pay for alternative lodging. That way you could stay wherever, far away from him. But you are counting on lodging he says he has acquired for you. How can you be sure he will keep that promise? Once you blow him off a bit, he may pull the plug. We just want you safe and happy that is all.

And best believe when you get there he will act crazy. Either lay it on thick then cool off again or completely ignore you or cancel the reservations. So much could go wrong.

I think I'm the only one that thinks you should go. Lol But that's because I remember you said you were excited for this trip and it didn't have much to do with him. Enjoy that trip, the hotel and do all the things you didn't get to do the first time.

It's not lost on us. We are thinking about you and your safety. And your happiness. You also don't seem to have the funds to pay for alternative lodging. That way you could stay wherever, far away from him. But you are counting on lodging he says he has acquired for you. How can you be sure he will keep that promise? Once you blow him off a bit, he may pull the plug. We just want you safe and happy that is all.

And best believe when you get there he will act crazy. Either lay it on thick then cool off again or completely ignore you or cancel the reservations. So much could go wrong.
You think so...about him acting crazy? From what MzLady78 has told us he doesn't seem crazy. Just lazy, rude and maybe a bit disinterested??? I do know there is always the possibility for anything to go wrong. The lodging does concern me a bit though I won't lie.

Back