And I appreciate it. :yep: But I'll be fine. And if it doesn't go well for some reason, I'll take the L but it won't be a big deal because I'm not heavily invested in the outcome. I've survived way worse than a failed extended island fling.

:lol: I get 3 weeks but I carried over 4 days, plus I had my birthday holiday so that covered my first trip.

I still have half a day carryover, so only a day and a half of my bank for this year will be used of this one.

Ohhh yea. I get that, too. I keep meaning to ask my people do I have to use it on/close to my bday? Do you?

Guy I dated for like 5 minutes before I met my current ex just text me today. I didn't even know who he was. I was like umm sorry who is this he responds back David and I'm like umm yeah doesn't help me. He still kept going reminding me that we went out "to that sushi place one time" When I finally realized who he was I felt so turned off at the fact that he knew I didn't know who he was so he described our date in such detail to remind me. Why? Where's the dignity?

Besides, I don't want to talk to some random guy I went on 2 dates with anyway. I can't even remember where I met him or when we went out. The dates are vague as hell but I do know he told me on the 2nd date he was a cook in a restaurant with strange hours because he showed up late to the date looking disheveled and gross talking about there was a fire in the kitchen. I gave him a pass asking if he was OK he says he wasn't in the fire so I spent the rest of the night wondering why he looked like that then. I have no idea what he talked about, what I said or anything else of importance other than I decided then I wasn't going to call him again. And then a random out of the blue text? Next!

Guy I dated hours because he showed up late to the date looking disheveled and gross talking about there was a fire in the kitchen. I gave him a pass asking if he was OK he says he wasn't in the fire so I spent the rest of the night wondering why he looked like that then. I have no idea what he talked about, what I said or anything else of importance other than I decided then I wasn't going to call him again. And then a random out of the blue text? Next!

:lachen:

Why do say that?
It's hard to explain but I just don't enjoy being with one guy romantically. I can be sexually monogamous easily. But romantically, I need more I need diversity. I know you'll say I just haven't met the right one but it's more than the right one. I've met my soulmate already, we were two sides of the same coin. I've been with guys who were best friend material with great relationship qualities and I can go months without seeing other guys. I just never drop the feeling of wanting to date other people.

It's hard to explain but I just don't enjoy being with one guy romantically. I can be sexually monogamous easily. But romantically, I need more I need diversity. I know you'll say I just haven't met the right one but it's more than the right one. I've met my soulmate already, we were two sides of the same coin. I've been with guys who were best friend material with great relationship qualities and I can go months without seeing other guys. I just never drop the feeling of wanting to date other people.

How would your ideal situation play out?

Is there something in the air? Ages ago I referred my ex's brother to a partner in my firm whose sibling was looking for someone to help with some IT stuff. So he got a call yesterday asking if he was still available and they let him know where they got his name and info. He relayed this info to my ex who text me (from yet another random number since he's been blocked) thanking me for getting his brother some extra side work. I don't respond and ex continues telling me his brother is starting his own IT company and it looks great to have this person as a client blah blah blah. Still don't respond.

A few minutes later he says his brother wants to send me something and he gave him my work address. I quickly responded - that's not necessary glad to help. Why did I do that? Because I don't want anything from them but home boy starts texting like crazy saying he misses me and if I'll meet him for a drink just as friends since he knows I'm done with him. I'm pissed because now I think there never was a present. He only wanted to get me to respond. New number to block.

I'm not mad at him anymore but like I said in the thread I created when I broke up with him I was unhappy and he didn't behave the way I think a man who is interested in me should behave. Even without his so called depression(still not sure I'm buying that one).

I quit Tinder. I met a bunch of men that seemed great on paper but were either lacking in personality or effort, or both. I'm going back to enjoying my singleness, like I did this past summer, and also returning my focus to my career. My goal is still to meet my hubby in 2017, but for now I'm fine with being myself (cute and fun lol!) and just meeting someone organically.

I quit Tinder. I met a bunch of men that seemed great on paper but were either lacking in personality or effort, or both. I'm going back to enjoying my singleness, like I did this past summer, and also returning my focus to my career. My goal is still to meet my hubby in 2017, but for now I'm fine with being myself (cute and fun lol!) and just meeting someone organically.

I just did the same with coffee meets bagel. I realized that I had been on it for months and I still haven't met anyone special or even just decent to pass time with. I'm on a break for the foreseeable future.

The other day I received a random text from a guy I used to deal with. I'm guessing that he was seeking validation. It took me a week to respond because his text had originally went to spam. :look:. We started chatting and he says "I just accepted the fact that you were never going to reply so I was surprised when you did." I responded with "ah, ok".

I'm glad that he did not force the conversation. We left it at that.

Me and physician bae decided that we are better as friends. I'm just tryna stay in his social circle so I can have a nice pick of black physicians :look:

He was not relationship material anyway but we have so much fun together.

I randomly started conversing with a guy I knew in passing from high school. He lives on the west coast now but has a home here as well. He is fine as all get out and is an exec in Silicon Valley. I don't usually date men with children but this guyyyyyyy I can play step mommy for :lachen:

It's time I go back to dating black American men. Silicon Valley dude is so consistent and responsive compared to alllll the African men I been wasting my time with this past year. Yea, I think I'm done.

Similar situation with me and I told him straight up that if he's looking for a bonus mom or something I ain't the one. We did have to talk about some things even though years have gone by. I use it as leverage. :look: You have to take situations like this head on.

Please tell me why a man that I considered my soul mate is coming along trying to ruin my life.

We've known each other about nearly 10 years and we were together for a little while. He did something that I couldn't forgive, then I did somethings to get back at him that he says he couldn't forgive. We were both really young and stupid and made mistakes. We did forgive each other for what we did but something was...broken? Everything felt the same but I think both of us were just too ashamed by what we did to each other. Nothing too heavy but it's another long story that I won't get into.

Couple years go by and we run into each other randomly shopping at a mall. We agree to meet up for drinks and decide we miss each other and remain in contact as friends. He has a child now and not with the mother but I never really wanted to do the step mom thing so it's always been platonic. Even though we know the feelings are still there. We talk very often, see each other semi regularly. We're on the phone the other night and before we hang up he says OK, love you. I say it back but hang up immediately and want to bang my head against the wall.

Now he wants to talk about it. I don't. I want to pretend it never happened so we can maintain our friendship. Why do we need to talk? I've been avoiding his phone call and only answering certain text messages and it's starting to tick him off.
why even stay friends and talk with all that history and feeling between you... and your desire to not become a step mother? Seems like this will become a very painful situation for both of you.

I guess I shouldn't feel bad for shutting this dude down that I've known for almost 240 months.
I met him at a college party and we casually dated on and off even after college.
Then something happened and I cut him and his big PR peen off cold. He kept calling all throughout my 30's and depending on my mood I MIGHT pick up the phone. I guess during that time he thought he could get me back. Weeeeellll, only and FINALLY couple of months ago, I had to let him know that what he THOUGHT I MIGHT still feel for him 20 years ago, ain't no' and he is stupid to assume that I might have feelings for him today. I'm freaking grown for Pete's sake! I told him that NOT having a baby with him was the smartest decision I could have ever made because well, he didn't really amount to much and pointed out all his flaws. I don't know why he thought we could ever be again AND at the same time denying that he is trying to get with me. It was annoying. He'd literally ask me 'what was so horrible about me when we dated?" Oh you mean 20 years ago when I barely knew what to do with my vagina? I don't even ****** remember! Oh and the dumbest thing yet...."I don't know what you tell your friends about me." Nobody talks about you! you're irrelevant LMAO and now you're just a story.

He would be cool to just hang with but he can't let the past go...

But why did I have to get so low and harsh for him to 'get it?'

He ain't never called me since LMAO!

Last edited:
I guess I shouldn't feel bad for shutting this dude down that I've known for almost 240 months.
I met him at a college party and we casually dated on and off even after college.
Then something happened and I cut him and his big PR peen off cold. He kept calling all throughout my 30's and depending on my mood I MIGHT pick up the phone. I guess during that time he thought he could get me back. Weeeeellll, only and FINALLY couple of months ago, I had to let him know that what he THOUGHT I MIGHT still feel for him 20 years ago, ain't no' and he is stupid to assume that I might have feelings for him today. I'm freaking grown for Pete's sake! I told him that NOT having a baby with him was the smartest decision I could have ever made because well, he didn't really amount to much and pointed out all his flaws. I don't know why he thought we could ever be again AND at the same time denying that he is trying to get with me. It was annoying. He'd literally ask me 'what was so horrible about me when we dated?" Oh you mean 20 years ago when I barely knew what to do with my vagina? I don't even ****** remember! Oh and the dumbest thing yet...."I don't know what you tell your friends about me." Nobody talks about you! you're irrelevant LMAO and now you're just a story.

He would be cool to just hang with but he can't let the past go...

But why did I have to get so low and harsh for him to 'get it?'

He ain't never called me since LMAO!
:lachen::lachen::lachen:He is holding onto the past probably because like you said he hasn't amounted to anything. What do you tell your friends about me? Dude, y'all don't even know each other anymore.

Back