I'm really irritated and disappointed. Not for me but the young bw in my area.

these women are all coworkers...

So I posted months ago about one of my ww admin (early 30s) who had a crazy bm firefighter thirsty chasing and harassing her for weeks. few months later i spilled tea on a dude she was obsessing over and literally begged him to give her a chance. he did and she dumped him. she showed me his pic. 30s black professional ($100k plus).

the 25 year old who works for me. Southeast Indian Asian, my skin tone, almond brown. her police officer long term bf looking like a young Idris.

my other admin. latina... her young late 20s professional men? you guessed it. smh

There are others I don't work directly with in similar relationships. it's a plague.

I don't feel bad for ME. They are minimum 15 years younger and not in my demographic. I have no prob dating (out) when I'm of mind to date (not at the moment, though).

Anytime I run into a single young college age bw and the dating topic comes up, and she isn't tied here by obligation and wants a bm in her age range, I advise her to move. Go to Texas, Louisiana, Missisippi. Anywhere but here. The upwardly mobile young bm aint checking for you, boo...

These young n....s pissing me off. it's like a damn disease that's spreading unchecked..ugh. where will California bw be in 20 years? what will the landscape look like? sigh...

I met a new guy today in line at Michaels. I was returning some yarn and he was buying some photo boxes. He turned around and asked if I had the time. Then we chatted and he complimented my glasses. I HATE my glasses so I pretended to be insulted. We have a date for Sunday brunch. He lives uptown though so idk how this would work out. He's also AA and I've never dated an AA before.

I met a new guy today in line at Michaels. I was returning some yarn and he was buying some photo boxes. He turned around and asked if I had the time. Then we chatted and he complimented my glasses. I HATE my glasses so I pretended to be insulted. We have a date for Sunday brunch. He lives uptown though so idk how this would work out. He's also AA and I've never dated an AA before.
Aww snap! Just like that at Michael's huh? Should be good for a few dates of fun. Where you guys going?

So, I'm still on OKC & I start messaging with a very handsome young gentleman. After talking I find he has 2 children boy & girl, used to be "about that life" but his kids changed his views on life & he got his stuff together. He's been working in the oil refinery for 6 years, but does it out of state (30 days in Nortn Dakota & back to Cali for 14 days) said he is really just stacking up & he'll permanently be back next year.

So his 14 days are up this Friday & for the most part we have really enjoyed each other's company. So I'm trying to figure out if I throw all my eggs in 1 basket or continue to mingle (might I add I really, really like him)

So, I'm still on OKC & I start messaging with a very handsome young gentleman. After talking I find he has 2 children boy & girl, used to be "about that life" but his kids changed his views on life & he got his stuff together. He's been working in the oil refinery for 6 years, but does it out of state (30 days in Nortn Dakota & back to Cali for 14 days) said he is really just stacking up & he'll permanently be back next year.

So his 14 days are up this Friday & for the most part we have really enjoyed each other's company. So I'm trying to figure out if I throw all my eggs in 1 basket or continue to mingle (might I add I really, really like him)
Continue to mingle!

So, this dude is serious so far. We've been out 3 times in 5 days. Calls regularly, let's me know his plans, when we meet he's like ok let's set up our next date. I've told this man EVERTHING about me (which I never do I'm super private) and he wasn't scared away.

Let's see how this plays out. But I'm happy and excited about the possibilities.

So, this dude is serious so far. We've been out 3 times in 5 days. Calls regularly, let's me know his plans, when we meet he's like ok let's set up our next date. I've told this man EVERTHING about me (which I never do I'm super private) and he wasn't scared away.

Let's see how this plays out. But I'm happy and excited about the possibilities.

Awww, that's great!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

So I was talking to this guy who works 7 days a week, year round and has been doing so for the past few years. He is very proud of this, by the way. We have been talking for a couple of weeks. He mentioned how he wants to take part in the hiring process for the company that he works for, as he is the director. I told him that I'm sure the owners will allow him to, as he goes really hard for the company. He told me that they didn't really want to put that on his plate, seeing how much he already does for the company. I told him that I couldn't tell. (They have this brotha working 7 days a week, 10 hour days.) He snapped on me, stating that I was a sweet girl but that I was getting to be too spicy. I'm sensitive, so my feelings were hurt. I quickly snapped out of that because I realized that this is not the time for me to be getting serious with anyone anyway. I have a major grad school exam at the end of the month. CarmelCupcake doesn't need the drama right now, getting my feelings hurt, being dreamy over a man, etc. I thank him for snapping me back into reality.

You wrote that you said, "I told him that I couldn't tell." I don't understand what that means. You couldn't tell what? That he worked so much?

Anyway, good for you. Not sure why he felt comfy snapping at you. It's only two weeks, supposed to be on his best behavior. Glad he unintentionally snapped you backed into reality.

So I was talking to this guy who works 7 days a week, year round and has been doing so for the past few years. He is very proud of this, by the way. We have been talking for a couple of weeks. He mentioned how he wants to take part in the hiring process for the company that he works for, as he is the director. I told him that I'm sure the owners will allow him to, as he goes really hard for the company. He told me that they didn't really want to put that on his plate, seeing how much he already does for the company. I told him that I couldn't tell. (They have this brotha working 7 days a week, 10 hour days.) He snapped on me, stating that I was a sweet girl but that I was getting to be too spicy. I'm sensitive, so my feelings were hurt. I quickly snapped out of that because I realized that this is not the time for me to be getting serious with anyone anyway. I have a major grad school exam at the end of the month. CarmelCupcake doesn't need the drama right now, getting my feelings hurt, being dreamy over a man, etc. I thank him for snapping me back into reality.

older gentleman, head of one of our scientific groups, and Nigerian, bought my snacks today at work unsolicited. funny. I never looked at him like that before. Still not but it was sweet of him.

the other day a Greek looking dude was looking me over like

:chocbunny:
I was kinda nervous :look:

spring is definitely in the air.

You wrote that you said, "I told him that I couldn't tell." I don't understand what that means. You couldn't tell what? That he worked so much?

Anyway, good for you. Not sure why he felt comfy snapping at you. It's only two weeks, supposed to be on his best behavior. Glad he unintentionally snapped you backed into reality.

I told him that I couldn't tell (as In I couldn't tell that they didn't want to overload him any further)

Lots of good news on this thread.

@CarmelCupcake I don't know what that guys problem is. It's an observation. If anything I would expect him to laugh. His response is saying something about him but I don't even know what. Maybe he felt guilty about being so unavailable?

Yea, who knows. Then in the back of my mind I'm like, do I really want a future workaholic husband. I'm going to need a man who is hands on

So I just wrapped up my week long site visit of the White House and related locations. I was trying to see if there were any men around while I was working (lots of ex military type men work for secret service). Nope- every person had a ring. Doesn't surprise me much- most government employees are married by 30s. I guess I was a bit disappointed. I really wasted my time with my ex husband- granted I didn't know I would end up in D.C. but if I made moves much earlier...

I write that to say- don't let a man waste your time. If he isn't trying to lock it down in the first two years- move on. So many men out here to date. Especially in mid 20s. And don't feel afraid to relocate. I moved to D.C. 3 years ago and having the time of my life career wise. Love wise- still trying to figure that out but the money helps keep my heart in line.
And no babies til marriage and even then, wait a bit (unless you are much older and have to get started right away). Once the kids come- they come first in all things. I love my children but man- if I were a single woman with no kids- the world would be my playground.
I turn 33 in 4 months...

So I just wrapped up my week long site visit of the White House and related locations. I was trying to see if there were any men around while I was working (lots of ex military type men work for secret service). Nope- every person had a ring. Doesn't surprise me much- most government employees are married by 30s. I guess I was a bit disappointed. I really wasted my time with my ex husband- granted I didn't know I would end up in D.C. but if I made moves much earlier...

I write that to say- don't let a man waste your time. If he isn't trying to lock it down in the first two years- move on. So many men out here to date. Especially in mid 20s. And don't feel afraid to relocate. I moved to D.C. 3 years ago and having the time of my life career wise. Love wise- still trying to figure that out but the money helps keep my heart in line.
And no babies til marriage and even then, wait a bit (unless you are much older and have to get started right away). Once the kids come- they come first in all things. I love my children but man- if I were a single woman with no kids- the world would be my playground.
I turn 33 in 4 months...
Everything you said is spot on. But the way you talking I thought you were much older. LOL You're still so young. I'm 32 and I feel like I have all the time in the world. I know time will fly but I'm taking my time because I want this done right.

What part? I'm in NYC too and I find that no one approaches anyone anymore except for overly-bold Jamaican men.
Men approach me but never on the street. I'm usually somewhere doing something. Like at a restaurant, book store, food store or something like that. Just walking down the street? No unless the guy is catcalling and I'm not counting that as an approach.

Back