What happened?

It's a long story but basically it was the most sexually aggressive behavior I've ever experienced. We met a group of guys at a networking event and talked to them briefly there and then ran into them at a bar. Some mentioned they were married or mentioned their wives and kids and I'm thinking it's a good thing they're being honest. Wrong! Two of the girls I was with hooked up with two married guys. Another guy is at the table talking about how ever since he's been married all he wants to do is sleep with someone new...and he'd only been married a year.

One guy, who said he was single, left his phone on the table and "Wife" texted. I ask him about it and he says he's only been married five weeks so it's not that big of deal yet :drunk: then says he'd do anything to take me back to his hotel. I leave, he chases after me, I mace him...it was just a lot.

@VeryBecoming - I believe it. I had a fleeting thought the other day, men appear to be more faithful when they are single than married. I know A LOT of married men- 2 have been 100% faithful. And the way they talk about women when they get in their groups... It is like they can't stop chasing. There isn't an off button.

My stance on infidelity is slowly changing. Maybe it isn't possible. And women get left holding the bag (kids, etc.). That is why I encourage every woman to get everything they can from a man and also a life insurance policy, if they are getting married. I really don't believe in "love" any more. I don't think true love comes until after many years and trials together- appreciating each other's bad side.

You have to reject them for them to want and love you how you should be loved. These men don't appreciate a woman's love outright. It is like you have to be a B, selfish and demanding for them be enamored.... I guess that book Why Men Love B!tches is correct...

Not quite "good" because who knows how it will end, but I saw my boo (I'll call him SS--guy in the open relationship) this past weekend, and we had bomb *** coloring sessions all across his city. My last night, we were up until 6am talking and coloring and he told me A LOT about himself, never had a man open up like that before. Things may or may not progress with us, he's got things going on in his personal life that makes a monogamous partnership possible...but I don't want hope. I just want to enjoy what we have right now with no thoughts of the future.

So....I told the story about physician bae and how I had a boo waiting downstairs. :look:

I used to date him around this time last year but we are both sensitive so things came to an end. We never stop contacting each other, mostly because we know a lot of the same people. Anyway, people are always telling me that he loves me and he says I am his future wife. I just roll my eyes because of my experience with him. I don't know what happened but in this last few weeks he had been so sweet and helpful. Going out of his way to help me with little things and finally seeming to fully accept the free spirited person I am.

I guess the good for right now is that his arms are wrapped around me right now and he snoring in my ear :lachen:

Side bar*** physician bae called me talking about how his friend keeps mentioning me :) but how he had to shut it down because I am his.

Boy please :moon:

I don't have a place to put this but I'll share here. My business idea is actually progressing faster than I thought and I'm getting ready to test suppliers. Why did one of them refuse a product of mine because the design was too complicated. It has a black girl graphic on it and here they go crying that they can't help :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Taking a break from dating for 6 months. At 33, this feels stupid but my heart isn't in it.
I'm taking a break too. but not for that long. i'm not dating at all for the month of march. Even though i wasn't really dating prior to that anyway lol. I was online "chatting"..but i deactivated my accounts. I just don't feel like going through all this BS right now with guys and their games. It's frustrating when u know you're a good authentic person and you have to weed through all these morons. It's exhausting. so for the month of march i'm focusing on hobbies and joining a gym. :look:

We came to a compromise and I'm taking a long weekend at the end of March and going back to Turks and Caicos. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the only trip post my vacation either of us makes, though.

For someone who is really personable when he's dealing with his customers, he is boring TF outta me. I don't think he's made me laugh not once in the 3 weeks we've been talking. We probably don't know any more about each other than we did the day we met. IDK, maybe it's because he has to be "on" all day with everybody else. He would be the perfect FWB if he was closer because he does absolutely nothing for me mentally or intellectually. That's probably the only thing that's kinda making me miss old dude.

So yeah, Imma go get some more of that island D and we'll see what happens from there. I already told him if we decide we want to see each other again after this, it's on him.

We came to a compromise and I'm taking a long weekend at the end of March and going back to Turks and Caicos. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the only trip post my vacation either of us makes, though.

For someone who is really personable when he's dealing with his customers, he is boring TF outta me. I don't think he's made me laugh not once in the 3 weeks we've been talking. We probably don't know any more about each other than we did the day we met. IDK, maybe it's because he has to be "on" all day with everybody else. He would be the perfect FWB if he was closer because he does absolutely nothing for me mentally or intellectually. That's probably the only thing that's kinda making me miss old dude.

So yeah, Imma go get some more of that island D and we'll see what happens from there. I already told him if we decide we want to see each other again after this, it's on him.
Don't go! Take that long weekend and the money you were going to spend and go some place else. He's boring and in nearly a month you still haven't gotten to know him much better. I know the D is good. Good enough to take yourself back to that island but you already sound disappointed with him. Don't make this trip for nothing.

Don't go! Take that long weekend and the money you were going to spend and go some place else. He's boring and in nearly a month you still haven't gotten to know him much better. I know the D is good. Good enough to take yourself back to that island but you already sound disappointed with him. Don't make this trip for nothing.

I enjoyed his company when we were actually together, so I'm sure it'll be ok. Plus I already bought the ticket. :look:

And I did actually like T&C so I'm fine with going back and doing some of the things I didn't get to do the first time.

In a way, I'm kind of glad that he's not totally doing it for me. Less likelihood of me catching feelings. I don't want them in general and definitely don't want them for someone so far away.

Last edited:

Where is the compromise if you're the one paying for the ticket? :lol: is he paying for your lodging? Or..I guess your staying with him?

Where is the compromise if you're the one paying for the ticket? :lol: is he paying for your lodging? Or..I guess your staying with him?

Yes. :yep: He has a roommate, so I'm not gonna stay with him.

I know going back considering my post is like :huh:, but I'm comfortable with my decision. I'm tired of analyzing everything to death, I wanna just "be" for once. Even if he somehow ends up not being the best part of my trip (which again, I'm not worried about, we vibe well in person), getting away to a beautiful island for a few days is worth it.

Last edited:
Dude that asked to take me to Hawaii keeps texting and I haven't blocked him because he hasn't really done anything wrong but I am not responding to this mess. He needs to get himself together and unfortunately I don't think he will. He's one of those people that will always take whatever he can get and let people hurt and use him. I don't want to be the one with his crushed heart on my hands.

I hated him when we first met and if I was like all the other women he's ever been with I could have and would have used him too. Instead he wore me down and I actually started to like him. He's sweet, (sometimes) funny, makes great money, smart with his own opinions and can really match me intellectually. The only reason we broke up was because he moved away. Even though we were set on doing long distance the distance is what made me see how needy and insecure he can get. It was wearing on the relationship and I broke it off with the distance as the issue.

I think he's a great guy and I feel bad for him but I don't want this and he knows it. I want to be friends because I genuinely like him as a person. I have never wanted to be friends with an ex! Never! But I can't do it if he won't let go. It's been ages and we've spoken and kept in contact but not enough for him to still be feeling like this. I haven't seen him in forever. You would think he'd be over it.

Dude that asked to take me to Hawaii keeps texting and I haven't blocked him because he hasn't really done anything wrong but I am not responding to this mess. He needs to get himself together and unfortunately I don't think he will. He's one of those people that will always take whatever he can get and let people hurt and use him. I don't want to be the one with his crushed heart on my hands.

I hated him when we first met and if I was like all the other women he's ever been with I could have and would have used him too. Instead he wore me down and I actually started to like him. He's sweet, (sometimes) funny, makes great money, smart with his own opinions and can really match me intellectually. The only reason we broke up was because he moved away. Even though we were set on doing long distance the distance is what made me see how needy and insecure he can get. It was wearing on the relationship and I broke it off with the distance as the issue.

I think he's a great guy and I feel bad for him but I don't want this and he knows it. I want to be friends because I genuinely like him as a person. I have never wanted to be friends with an ex! Never! But I can't do it if he won't let go. It's been ages and we've spoken and kept in contact but not enough for him to still be feeling like this. I haven't seen him in forever. You would think he'd be over it.
Well send him my way. Yall turning down dudes left and right and there's nothing but dust and tumbleweed over here in Maryland!!!
:lachen:

I agree. We want you to win MzLady78.

Yes. :yep: He has a roommate, so I'm not gonna stay with him.

I know going back considering my post is like :huh:, but I'm comfortable with my decision. I'm tired of analyzing everything to death, I wanna just "be" for once. Even if he somehow ends up not being the best part of my trip (which again, I'm not worried about, we vibe well in person), getting away to a beautiful island for a few days is worth it.

Sho ya right! I wish I was going :lol: how the hell yall have so much leave?! :lol:

I agree. We want you to win MzLady78.
And I appreciate it. :yep: But I'll be fine. And if it doesn't go well for some reason, I'll take the L but it won't be a big deal because I'm not heavily invested in the outcome. I've survived way worse than a failed extended island fling.

Sho ya right! I wish I was going :lol: how the hell yall have so much leave?! :lol:

:lol: I get 3 weeks but I carried over 4 days, plus I had my birthday holiday so that covered my first trip.

I still have half a day carryover, so only a day and a half of my bank for this year will be used for this one.

Last edited:
Back