I think I am going to invest in self and sign up for Match, because these other sites are not cutting it... In addition to getting out of comfort zone, like going to Gym, making it a habit to get out...

You know...I thought about joining a gym but I got tired just thinking about it. Plus I feel like I would be trying to be too cute that the men would know I was b.s.ing about actually working out.
I see myself spending a ton of money on cute workout clothes and investing in cute drawstring ponytails.
Lets not even mention the exercises I would be doing (wrong) while there.
So I was like nah, forget it.

Am I the only one that gets nervous about talking/texting guys. I want to go out and meet meet new people but I am afraid of getting burned.
Definitely not the only one. I have moments where I get excited and then immediately feel like nah probably won't be worth it. But I feel like it's the same feeling with anything else. Like getting a new job or moving to a new city. Just have to get out there and do it.

Disclaimer: This is me on a high. Advice will vary on my off days :lol:

My client has me flying to a few different places within the next two weeks (which I am NOT happy about but it is more under my control than my last job). I am thinking about Tindering it / OKCupiding it while I am in new spots to see who I can meet.... good idea? Or should I try to find the professional happy hours and get the nerve to go out by myself? I will be in each area 2-3 days max.

Lee wants to spend V-Day together and I have nothing else to do so let's see what he brings me.

I've done it (Tinder) a couple of times on a few work trips. Got a couple of good dates in. One guy wanted to hang out more but I wasn't feeling him. The other guy I really like but nothing came of it. Harmless easy fun and with your vetting skills :grin: you can weed out the losers and have a meal or some drinks on someone's tab.:look:

How to know when a dude is not worth time/ F bouy: (Feel free to add more) I should add this to Online dating thread, Lol
* Separated from Wife, no signs of a divorce in sight.
* A child under 3 years of age, 1st date he talks entirely about previously mentioned situations
- Tells you that child is priority so may not be able to give that much time
- Tells you that said ex-wife will be in life, taking trips, etc
- Gives ultimatums on said 1st date, like can you handle that
* Wears whateva on first date
* Asks if you live on own
* Asks if you tongue kiss on first date

Last edited:
How to know when a dude is not worth time/ F bouy: (Feel free to add more) I should add this to Online dating thread, Lol
* A child under 3 years of age, 1st date he talks entirely about previously mentioned situations
* Asks if you leave on own
What the heck kinda nonsense is this??? I can't even imagine being on a date like this. I would probably be like I'm going to the bathroom and sneak out the back.

Well Lee showed up with roses, my favorite chocolate candy, a nice balloon and PERFUME. And we had a nice long talk without coloring. I don't know if he expected it but I didn't want to and he didn't try to make it happen. Just cuddled and talked about men being from Mars and women being from Venus.

How to know when a dude is not worth time/ F bouy: (Feel free to add more)
The sweet talk is really thick. My spidey senses go off when the majority of the conversation is compliments to me. I think they call it love bombing.

* Asks if you live on own
Loves social media with large female following

Life goals different than yours or worse has zero goals and lives day to day

Religious differences unless someone is willing to convert

Has kids that live elsewhere or he's moved away from them (deadbeat)

Multiple baby mamas or multiple divorces (with or without kids)

depending on age, never had a ltr. a pass given up to late 20somethings.

I'm in a bad mood. This guy has made a date with me and still hasn't asked me for my number. Because I'm in a bad mood I was ready to cuss him out about it but I just let a little snark in there (the bad mood prevents me from being sweet) and was like "sooooo am I going to have to awkwardly pull you up on OKC and message you when we meet up on Friday? This fool responds back you want mine or do I take yours? Young dudes man!!! He is exactly my age and this better not be a mistake! See what a terrible witch I'm feeling like today?

I'm in a bad mood. This guy has made a date with me and still hasn't asked me for my number. Because I'm in a bad mood I was ready to cuss him out about it but I just let a little snark in there (the bad mood prevents me from being sweet) and was like "sooooo am I going to have to awkwardly pull you up on OKC and message you when we meet up on Friday? This fool responds back you want mine or do I take yours? Young dudes man!!! He is exactly my age and this better not be a mistake! See what a terrible witch I'm feeling like today?
I dunno girl, maybe that's better than a possible fool having your number.

I'm tight on my personal contact info when I don't know someone.

Currently talking to a man who has 17 year old twins :rolleyes: (one BM), the only kids he has.

Sooooo does that mean the twins are counted as one, even though they are two separate people? :look:

Last edited:
I dunno girl, maybe that's better than a possible fool having your number.

I'm tight on my personal contact info when I don't know someone.
I am not meeting a random with nothing but an OKC profile on file. Lol I'll end up like that lady that got stuck with the bill and went to look for his profile on OKC to find it was deleted. :lol: Not me ma'am!

I deleted my online profile. This just isn't for me. It got to the point where I was speaking to people out of boredom. I got tired of having conversations about nothing, among other things.

I've officially given up on finding love. It's just not in the cards for me and I can either accept it and move on, or hold on to the hope that I'll receive something that will never come. I think I'll choose the former. At least I can keep my sanity.

*And yes I go out, have changed up my appearance, smiled more, read books, done LOA, have gone out alone and out of my area, etc, etc, etc. It is what it is.

Back