I decided that I'm going to move to Dallas next month, I don't care if I don't have a job.

I'm going to take a leap of faith, I'll work at Wal-Mart if I have to. I just got to get out of here, there is no upward mobility here & it's making me miserable.
I rarely come in here but if you need anything please pm me. I'll be in Syracuse until July but I can still reach out.

Sounds like you needed that vaca. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Thanks!

I actually came close to canceling. I hadn't been feeling well for a few days before I left, I was scared I was gonna go and end up holed up in my villa half the time. But I felt better the 5 days I was there than I have in months.

LMAO!!!!!!!

This is awesome! but uhhhhh.....DEETS!

You gotta start at post 20872. :lol:

As anyone ever asked a guy why it didn't work out? Like maybe an ex or even a guy you went out on a few dates with?

I've found that those answers usually circle their way back around to you somewhere down the line. You don't have to search or ask for it. It usually comes in the form of an aha moment months or years later, like when you bump into them or they reach out trying to see if you'll still take the bait. Just wait and try not to dwell on it in the meantime.

I just just came back from a lunch date and I have a date with someone else tonight.

Earlier in the week, another guy asked me out this weekend , I told him I had plans and then he still hit me with a last minute request yesterday (concert) and just now (he wants to grab something to eat). The conversation is cool but, no. I had plans with friends yesterday and both of today's dates had already been planned. I knew I couldn't swing dates in one day.

I'd better get all this attention on v-day! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I decided that I'm going to move to Dallas next month, I don't care if I don't have a job.

I'm going to take a leap of faith, I'll work at Wal-Mart if I have to. I just got to get out of here, there is no upward mobility here & it's making me miserable.

Come on down!

Been here my whole life. Dh and I have always been able to land nice-paying careers. Our older son is doing well too.

Plus, get to know some married ladies. We love setting up young black couples! :2inlove:

I'm planning on starting a business (that felt amazing to type :blush: but it's gonna take awhile to get it going) and I'm already annoyed at how having multiple streams of income will increase the difficulties of dating :lachen:

But this money should make me feel amazing :look: I cannot wait to share with you ladies! It's something I know black girls and women will love :)

I'm slowly getting more comfortable with the idea that I have no appeal and will most likely be single forever. My whole life boys/men have never been interested in me. Like zero. I don't even get hit on. I'm used to being alone and doing things solo at this point. Its sad but my focus on why men don't like or talk to me has consumed me and made me depressed and unhappy. I have to let it go and be at peace that I might stay single without ever a first kiss. I need to focus on other things and not tie my happiness to whether I have a man.

My friends keep trying to get me to go out with them since I'm the one who brings the boys to the yard, but I have no desire to. I realized it's because I don't think the man I want exists, so why bother? <<--I say this with no sadness or anything. It is what it is.

There is a guy about 5 hours from me that I have an intense connection with, but he's in an open relationship and they have a child together. We've been talking daily for a couple weeks now, and he's asked me to be his #2....I'm seriously considering it. its not my preference, but again, I'm realizing the likelihood that I'll meet a man who I actually WANT to be with who also desires monogamy is pretty slim.

My friends keep trying to get me to go out with them since I'm the one who brings the boys to the yard, but I have no desire to. I realized it's because I don't think the man I want exists, so why bother? <<--I say this with no sadness or anything. It is what it is.

There is a guy about 5 hours from me that I have an intense connection with, but he's in an open relationship and they have a child together. We've been talking daily for a couple weeks now, and he's asked me to be his #2....I'm seriously considering it. its not my preference, but again, I'm realizing the likelihood that I'll meet a man who I actually WANT to be with who also desires monogamy is pretty slim.
Don't do it. You will regret you wasted your time.

Please say NO... and stop talking to this dude. You deserve better than this.

He's such a brat.

He wanted to video chat with me again this morning. Of course I'm getting ready for work so I'm like "gimme 2 minutes" so I can be presentable. Exactly 2 minutes later, he texts me "time's up". :lol:

I really wasn't expecting to hear from him much after I left, or for him to want to come see me, but he asked me about it again this morning. I think he actually likes me. I want to see him again but then what?

Last edited:
He's such a brat.

He wanted to video chat with me again this morning. Of course I'm getting ready for work so I'm like "gimme 2 minutes" so I can be presentable. Exactly 2 minutes later, he texts me "time's up". :lol:

I really wasn't expecting to hear from him much after I left, or for him to want to come see me, but he asked me about it again this morning. I think he actually likes me. I want to see him again but then what?

Don't worry about then what, enjoy yourself. I hope he does come to see you and that you guys have a wonderful time.

Back