I have been single for over a year now. For some reason, over the past year I have ONLY dated West African men. One (or more)for each season :oops: I need to stay out of Harlem.

I love them. They all were beautiful, intelligent and hardworking. They also had so many options and seemed to be annoyed when they found out I have even more.

I'm tired of having a new bae every few months. I'm tired of running into them everywhere I go. I just one want bae who won't act a fool and embarrass me in these streets.
I could've written this lol If I can't attract nothing else, I can attract a dang African. Usually west, sometimes east. But I don't mind, as long as they have their papers. I'm also sick of the rotation

So last night I called Eataly guy. Too soon I feel like but started thinking about plans for the weekend. No answer and I didn't leave a message. I sent him a quick text right after. Didn't identify myself or anything on purpose just said "I called and this is my number". I wanted to see if he would have to wade through the women he's hit on in the past week to figure it out.

Woke up to a text this morning saying is this the cutie from Eataly? Lol The text was at 11 last night and immediately I was pissed. Then I read the second message saying sorry it's late he's in LA on business and he's just getting back for the evening so only 8pm there for him. He's excused. Haven't text him back. Let's see if he calls.

So last night I called Eataly guy. Too soon I feel like but started thinking about plans for the weekend. No answer and I didn't leave a message. I sent him a quick text right after. Didn't identify myself or anything on purpose just said "I called and this is my number". I wanted to see if he would have to wade through the women he's hit on in the past week to figure it out.

Woke up to a text this morning saying is this the cutie from Eataly? Lol The text was at 11 last night and immediately I was pissed. Then I read the second message saying sorry it's late he's in LA on business and he's just getting back for the evening so only 8pm there for him. He's excused. Haven't text him back. Let's see if he calls.

It's been 2-3 days since you met him right? I don't think that is too soon. But you did your part and put the ball in his court. :up:Now let's see if he mans up and falls in line. :yep:

Date night w/ Tariq

So he lives about 45 minutes away & I drive to him. Get to his apartment & he offers me a drink (I accept) & he shows me around. It's a 2 bed 2 bed upstairs & downstairs. 1 room is his 5 year old daughters. After we finish our drinks he drives us to dinner (to which he opened the car door) Dinner was good, conversation was even better. We had a nice vibe & said we would definitely do it again.

Co-Worker told me he told him he liked me and I had a hella good vibe.

Ohhh yeah, we totally kissed.

This is why I don't date younger guys. This is always my experience with them. Dude is so immature and I just had to block him tonight. He's such a clown and always joking around. It was cute at first but it got old fast.

So we were on the phone yesterday and he tried to get a little serious and talk about what we were both looking for. Cool. But then he starts asking about past guys I dated which I was hesitant to do because 1. I don't care about this and don't want to hear about his old girlfriends. Why do I care? And 2. Because he's a clown I just knew it wouldn't be a normal convo. So while we're talking he's constantly cutting me off making jokes, telling me I have daddy issues and other stuff. So I just shut down and didn't talk much after that. Conversation went stale so I said I had an early morning and we hang up.

Today he texts me still with the jokes and other stupid messages. "awww you mad. How cute" So I don't respond and he keeps on. Finally I respond asking him to chill. Telling him the joking is cute but overwhelming and he's nice but maybe my personality is a little too low key for him. I totally put it all on me trying to be polite.

After saying he'll simmer down and begging me to give him another chance he starts going in calling me weird and saying how yesterday I went in circles when he tried to get serious and shut down. I stupidly tried to explain that his jokes put me off yesterday and that was where the attitude shifted. So he's still going in and I tell him I was trying to avoid this and I'm over the whole thing goodbye and good luck. I stopped responding.

He alternated over the next half hour between telling me I'm right about us being incompatible because of how weird I am and how mean I'm being for not giving him another to chance to asking if I wanted to keep our Saturday night date because he would still like to hang. Wth is wrong with people? Blocked.

I was chatting with a male friend on the phone and the topic of modesty came up. I was telling him that I am naturally modest and I'm usually covered up for the most part. He's like "but there was that time you wore that lacy top..." I argued with him for about a full minute cus I had no clue what he was talking about. Then I remembered the outfit :look: . I wore it at a gathering we both attended with mutual friends. It happened to be on the same night that I was annoyed with him and kept a considerable distance (story for another time). I then realized that he's been eye stalking me :look: I had my suspicions though.

We may meet up sometime in the near future, so now I know I can't wear anything that he's seen me in!

Oh, and it's nice to be admired.

Last edited:
I'm having my housewarming tomorrow and I was going over my guest list. I realized that the only males that will be there are related to me. :nono:. I just shot out a text to two of my male homies. I hope they can make it. I'm really not finna sit up under my aunties and brothers all night. I spent nye with my aunties and was way too comfortable. I realized that I was starting to turn into a hen :cry3:

Last edited:
I'm having my housewarming tomorrow and I was going over my guest list. I realized that the only males that will be there are related to me. :nono:. I just shot out a text to two of my male homies. I hope they can make it. I'm really not finna sit up under my aunties and brothers all night. I spent nye with my aunties and was way too comfortable. I'm realized that I was starting to turn into a hen :cry3:

Will any of your girlfriends be there?

And congrats on the new place!

I'm having my housewarming tomorrow and I was going over my guest list. I realized that the only males that will be there are related to me. :nono:. I just shot out a text to two of my male homies. I hope they can make it. I'm really not finna sit up under my aunties and brothers all night. I spent nye with my aunties and was way too comfortable. I'm realized that I was starting to turn into a hen :cry3:

Its okay. This event isnt one of those events. Its for family and friends.
Just make sure you make time to bless the new place. ;)
It's about balance
CONGRATS

Will any of your girlfriends be there?

And congrats on the new place!

Yes, but my gf's are like me, they're just there. I think me not even thinking to invite the guys comes down to a receptivity issue with men...even tho one is gay and the other is taken.

Its okay. This event isnt one of those events. Its for family and friends.
Just make sure you make time to bless the new place. ;)
It's about balance
CONGRATS

True. Thanks for that.

I could always have a gathering for friends, but I realized that these two menz are close enough to attend. I've known them over 12 years. My family knows of them, but they've never met. This is the perfect time because they'll be able to blend in. :yep:

Help pick an outfit for my evening date tomorrow. Eating out; nothing too fancy, but not Chili's :lachen:

Also don't pay attention to my shoes or toes in the purple dress...

Attachments

• IMG_8910.JPG
    IMG_8910.JPG
    698.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_8911.JPG
    IMG_8911.JPG
    651.1 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_8912.JPG
    IMG_8912.JPG
    719.7 KB · Views: 103
I kinda like this guy that is working for one of my clients. I'm debating if it's worth looking into. We don't have to regularly work together and my last official day I need to support the client is next Friday.

Is there a good way to sneak into regular conversation asking what religion someone is? he seems interested and wanted to go to dinner with me last night (too last minute so I declined) but I have a suspicion he's not Christian /Catholic which is really important to me. He is someone in my field that could be a good resource if it doesn't work out so I don't want any negative interactions.
I also have to girlfriend check him (cause these dudes these days) in a professional way.

Okay, I honestly don't know how to proceed in my situation. I have a habit of overthinking things, but the hot and cold behavior is driving me slightly insane, while I've made it the epitome of translucent of where I stand and how I feel.

I think I'm being played but the optimist in me is telling me that my habit of jumping to conclusions is what's really playing tricks on me.

I always choose the undercover shitty ones. :nono: Here's to hoping I could use the remainder of the weekend to pick my head up and just get through the next work week intact.

Back