Wait... you said he was 7 years younger than you.. that makes him 17, right? :look:

This man is terrible at making plans. Im this close to telling him we need to be friends.

He's an old 18 about to have a birthday. We are *almost* 7 years apart, not a full seven.

In other news, personal trainer's cousin and I are going to do a call tomorrow because I've been too busy with work to talk til now.

Last edited:
Yes. *hides* You should have see my face when he said he was born in 1998 ...

QUOTE]

Ohhhh yea...ok :laugh: I get it now. I had a little young tender I was dealing with (still do sometimes :look:) He's technically grown but I still feel some kinda way, I can't imagine how I would've felt if he told me he was that young. You'll find another boo thang that catches your attention

I'm currently at a place in life, that if I can't get at least half of what I want from a partner with honesty, loyalty and the maturity that comes with being in a relationship, I do not want it.

I have been there, and done everything imaginable (before and during the era of social media) that if it's half-ass, I don't want it!

So someone I used to know from my SB days is in town this week. Since I have nothing better to do I'll be going out with him tonight. He knows I'm trying to find something permanent and he knows this is just a friendly dinner. But he still better not show up empty handed.
What are SB days?

Well that was a short dinner. I didn't like the place and dinner was gross. Cocktails were good though. I was so disagreeable and grouchy tonight. I better get my head on straight if I'm trying to start dating again. On my way home and feeling in an even more funky mood because traffic is bad.

@CarmelCupcake @movingforward13

Yeah. Those days are LONG over for me. This was long before Instagram modeling was a thing.

Yeah. Those days are LONG over for me. This was long before Instagram modeling was a thing.
Same here. Me now compared to who I USE to be- two totally different people. New York was my playground. The men up there loved interracial dating and were very generous. I just wasn't attracted to them to want something serious and definitely wasn't trying to be someone's wife. Fun and games, money and trips...

It is funny how I mentally blocked all that out- I go in those threads about pimping men and everything is foreign to me now... but 10 - 12 years ago I was the one picking up $800, $1500, two stacks at Western Union and given money to go to Cancun. I had a colorful life back then.

I have.....it took me a little while to take him serious but once I realized he's just as/more mature as the men that are my age I got over it.
Right. That's exactly it. I have a hard time taking them seriously. And once I realize that they aren't too immature then I always find a reason not to like them. Like a guy I met recently. A friend of a friend. I could tell he was interested but he's 2 years younger even though no one would guess or even care. But it bothered me so much that all his flaws stuck out to me. He's pretentious as hell and a little arrogant too and it isn't sexy on him. I don't like this one in general but I'm just trying to make sure I keep my eyes open and don't do this to men that are actually interesting and nice. I usually date older (much older) so I also have a hard time with men even a couple years older than me but younger has definitely always been seen as a big fat NO.

I have a question. Anyone here dated younger? Not significantly younger but just a few years - even a year or 2. I don't know why this bothers me so much.
Yea. idk why a year or 2 is a big deal especially after a certain age. was with my ex husband 20 years and he was a year younger. dated a few others after. I'll date no more than 5 years down and 7 years up.

I have been single for over a year now. For some reason, over the past year I have ONLY dated West African men. One (or more)for each season :oops: I need to stay out of Harlem.

I love them. They all were beautiful, intelligent and hardworking. They also had so many options and seemed to be annoyed when they found out I have even more.

I'm tired of having a new bae every few months. I'm tired of running into them everywhere I go. I just one want bae who won't act a fool and embarrass me in these streets.

Back