He says meet people in person, go out, get out of the house etc. But I think not online dating is a mistake. Not online dating is limiting IMO. Get out, try to meet people IRL and do online dating.
I agree with this. I'm making an effort to be cute and approachable no matter where I go, in addition to trying to meet people online.

I just blocked someone who is in a relationship but online looking for a side chick.

Another man in his 40s is "in between jobs" right now. Spend less time on this dating site and more time on a job site, maybe?

I wish there was a way to block men in their 20s from contacting me.

I just blocked someone who is in a relationship but online looking for a side chick.

Another man in his 40s is "in between jobs" right now. Spend less time on this dating site and more time on a job site, maybe?

I wish there was a way to block men in their 20s from contacting me.
I don't know what site you're on, but (I think) on OKC you can set it so that men who don't fit your search parameters can't see your profile in their matches.

How do you feel when you go out? Hurried? Irritated? You might suffer from RBF; I do. Make sure your thoughts aren't negative. Sounds cheesy, but what's on the inside may be messing with the energy you give off.
I definitely suffer from RBF, and am working on smiling with my eyes more. I also stopped listening to music while I'm out and about. I'll try working on being less hurried.

Lee and I had a lot of pillow talk last night after coloring... he is at this point where he is ready to talk and he spilled it all. I just laid there and listened, asked a few questions. I mean we have had deep conversations before but last night topped all prior conversations.

There is just so much to this man. He talked about his childhood, his father, his father figure, etc. It is like pieces of a puzzle and now they are all coming together to display this moving picture. He isn't traumatized by his dad's death but I can tell he has been doing a lot of thinking about his own past, his father's legacy and his way forward. He is thinking of his own mortality, etc.

Other dating news- NASA guy got the message. I haven't heard from him in a few days. Nice guy, I am sure he will find someone who is as attracted to him.

Been conversing with a lawyer but he seems too cocky for me. New to the area but he seems like the type to want a woman to chase. He is a Leo so he probably wanted his ego stroked *shrugs*

Another guy gave me his number 2 days ago. Checked all my boxes and decent online conversation so I contacted him- he didn't have anything interesting to talk about so I lost interest. That. Quick.
Then he hits me up on the app we met on the next yesterday so I ask him why did he do that if he had my number. He gave a silly response like "lol yeah you right." So I just blocked him on everything.

Generally speaking, I am not impressed. There is an event in DC that I am thinking of going to tonight at Cities- Black "After Wurk" event- a networking event...

Did you go to the afta wurk event? 2 other lhcfers went :giggle:

2 selfies and 1 body pic of me sitting.

ETA: I switch my pics up all the time. I've also had pics of me standing.

Have you ever tried Tinder? They have a program where you can track which pictures get you more likes.

Ask your friends to help you pick which pictures to put out there. Are you wearing make-up? What's your hair and outfit like?

Did you go to the afta wurk event? 2 other lhcfers went :giggle:
I didn't... *sigh* got caught up in something else.

I have an appointment with Reniece and Co. Saturday... which is the same day as the service... :look:
Lee wants me to reschedule but I don't think he understands. You just don't "get" another appointment at Reniece and Co.
I know I said I was going to be more selfish in 2017 but dag... I didn't think this would be my first act of selfishness... I hope he will understand. Will try to rush over after my appointment. First time I will be meeting his extended family...

I didn't... *sigh* got caught up in something else.

I have an appointment with Reniece and Co. Saturday... which is the same day as the service... :look:
Lee wants me to reschedule but I don't think he understands. You just don't "get" another appointment at Reniece and Co. I know I said I was going to be more selfish in 2017 but dag... I hope he will understand. Will try to rush over after my appointment.

You got an appointment with Reniece!? I hate you! :lol: hey hey sis, You should donate the appointment to me so you can go out with Lee! I will cancel all our plans for Reniece! :lol: have you been before? I'm still on the waitlist :cry3:

Have you ever tried Tinder? They have a program where you can track which pictures get you more likes.

Ask your friends to help you pick which pictures to put out there. Are you wearing make-up? What's your hair and outfit like?
Different things. Hair: natural, straight, wigs, etc.

Outfits: dress, casual, etc

I switch it up a lot

You got an appointment with Reniece!? I hate you! :lol: hey hey sis, You should donate the appointment to me so you can go out with Lee! I will cancel all our plans for Reniece! :lol: have you been before? I'm still on the waitlist :cry3:
lol I been going to Reniece since July- my stylist is Shannon. I was posting my updates in the Reniece thread. My hair is showing a big difference. I can not wait til May so I can do a press and see the length.

You have to be on it when the time to register comes out- like have an alarm set up so you get on the list. They sell out within 15 minutes.

Family drama going on with the funeral - I am gonna keep my appointment lol

When a man has a whole list of crap that a woman must be, but he doesn't even have his own place.

new-eye-roll-gif-455.gif

A year ago my friend was planning to marry her long time bf who also happens to be a popular athlete. She had a bridal shower and sent out invites, etc. He called things off due to cold feet I guess but recently married a Becky.

My friend has moved on but it's just crazy how he planned this elaborate engagement for her and the wedding was about to happen and so quickly it ends and he marries someone else. Honestly, she has flourished in life since things ended with him, i.e traveling and career-wise. I'm positive she will find true love.

The relationship forum has been an interesting place for me the last few weeks or so. It seems like there have been a lot of posts about guys acting up, which isn't really helping my "men ain't crap" state of mind right now. But then I read stuff like ArcticFemme's last few posts and I feel empowered. I messed around and reopened a door that I should have kept closed, thinking things could be different this time because certain circumstances had changed. I quickly realized that things can't be different when the person remains the same. So once again, I find myself walking away from this person- for good this time.

Between this and my ruined friendship with my ex, my heart is feeling really heavy right now. Throw in my health issues and I'm feeling like a mess not just emotionally, but physically as well. My temper is short and I'm angry more often than I like. This time next week, I'll be on my way to Turks and Caicos, and I'm really hoping the time away relaxes and refreshes me. I'm a little concerned about my trip being ruined because of my health problems.

Anyway, I'm rambling but I could use some positive vibes and prayers, if you feel so inclined.

Last edited:
A year ago my friend was planning to marry her long time bf who also happens to be a popular athlete. She had a bridal shower and sent out invites, etc. He called things off due to cold feet I guess but recently married a Becky.

My friend has moved on but it's just crazy how he planned this elaborate engagement for her and the wedding was about to happen and so quickly it ends and he marries someone else. Honestly, she has flourished in life since things ended with him, i.e traveling and career-wise. I'm positive she will find true love.

Damn....that sounds like what I went through, right down to marrying a Becky. Do we know each other? :look: :sekret:

Your friend will be fine :yep: I realize that sometimes when you're in those long-term relationships you transition to marriage because you feel like that's what you're supposed to do, even though deep down you really don't want that, it doesn't lessen the hurt but in the end you were never meant to be with that man anyways. I can say my life is totally different than what I thought it would be when I was with that man, but I'm exactly where I want to be as well and I wouldn't be here if I were with him, I would probably be miserable with a toddler and feeling trapped.

The relationship forum has been an interesting place for me the last few weeks or so. It seems like there have been a lot post about guys acting up, which isn't really helping my "men ain't crap" state of mind right now. But then I read stuff like ArcticFemme's last few posts and I feel empowered. I messed around and reopened a door that I should have kept closed, thinking things could be different this time because certain circumstances had changed. I quickly realized that things can't be different when the person remains the same. So once again, I find myself walking away from this person- for good this time.

Between this and my ruined friendship with my ex, my heart is feeling really heavy right now. Throw in my health issues and I'm feeling like a mess not just emotionally, but physically as well. My temper is short and I'm angry more often than I like. This time next week, I'll be on my way to Turks and Caicos, and I'm really hoping the time away relaxes and refreshes me. I'm a little concerned about my trip being ruined because of my health problems.

Anyway, I'm rambling but I could use some positive vibes and prayers, if you feel so inclined.

Ohhhhh I'm sure you'll have a blast! Try not to focus on those "what if's". It can cause stress and anxiety before you even get there and you want to be able to just totally let loose and soak in that island sun with no worries.

The relationship forum has been an interesting place for me the last few weeks or so. It seems like there have been a lot of posts about guys acting up, which isn't really helping my "men ain't crap" state of mind right now. But then I read stuff like ArcticFemme's last few posts and I feel empowered. I messed around and reopened a door that I should have kept closed, thinking things could be different this time because certain circumstances had changed. I quickly realized that things can't be different when the person remains the same. So once again, I find myself walking away from this person- for good this time.

:bighug:

Damn....that sounds like what I went through, right down to marrying a Becky. Do we know each other? :look: :sekret:

Your friend will be fine :yep: I realize that sometimes when you're in those long-term relationships you transition to marriage because you feel like that's what you're supposed to do, even though deep down you really don't want that, it doesn't lessen the hurt but in the end you were never meant to be with that man anyways. I can say my life is totally different than what I thought it would be when I was with that man, but I'm exactly where I want to be as well and I wouldn't be here if I were with him, I would probably be miserable with a toddler and feeling trapped.

Hmmm Lol we may know each other :sekret:

Thanks for sharing your experience. You both dodged a bullet forward sure. :) Even though it was super embarrassing for her to cancel the wedding, it's better to have dealt with that instead of constant lies and staying with someone due to convenience.

I just hate how if you google my friend's ex name with the word wedding or girlfriend that her pic is still popping up with him. He's never posted anything about the new girl until the other day. Even his fans were shocked. It's just so weird.

lol I been going to Reniece since July- my stylist is Shannon. I was posting my updates in the Reniece thread. My hair is showing a big difference. I can not wait til May so I can do a press and see the length.

You have to be on it when the time to register comes out- like have an alarm set up so you get on the list. They sell out within 15 minutes.

Family drama going on with the funeral - I am gonna keep my appointment lol

How was your appointment?

My teeth look so much better even now! The gaps in my front and bottom teeth are almost gone :cry3: i have 2.5 more months to go. I can't wait to see the finished product.

He got on my nerves with his stupid attitude on Saturday. But he corrected himself and today was much better. He bought me this perfume I wanted. Well, I told him to buy it and he did lol.

I go to the gym when I'm over his house on the weekends. It be packed on Sunday mornings! 95%black. This is where the millennials be instead of church :lol: I pass by 2 churches on the way to the gym...parking lots be parched af. Go us lol. I mean for prioritizing the gym. Not for not going to church lol..I guess :look:

His mom asked me to be a hostess in her wedding and I said yes :) she asked me to spell my name so she wouldn't get it wrong (it's ghetto lol) and for my last name. Well, my last name is her last name for a few more months lol. So then she called SO back and asked him if we had gotten married :lachen: but then remembered my last name has always been this :lol:

My crush has been trying to set me up with one of our mutual acquaintances. Only thing is the guy is SUPER obnoxious. I'm trying to give him a chance to go beyond his initial presentation, but he just rubs me the wrong way. Too bad Crush thinks he is too young for me. Meanwhile, my personal trainer is trying to set me up with his cousin, and Crush is over here giving me Chick-fil-A calendars for no apparent reason. I love flirting with guys I know, so I just keep chatting up all three of them. My life!

My crush has been trying to set me up with one of our mutual acquaintances. Only thing is the guy is SUPER obnoxious. I'm trying to give him a chance to go beyond his initial presentation, but he just rubs me the wrong way. Too bad Crush thinks he is too young for me. Meanwhile, my personal trainer is trying to set me up with his cousin, and Crush is over here giving me Chick-fil-A calendars for no apparent reason. I love flirting with guys I know, so I just keep chatting up all three of them. My life!

:lol: how is he obnoxious?

:lol: how is he obnoxious?

For example, he started telling me about this ex girlfriend he had who started gaining weight and how he didn't say anything to her because he doesn't pay her bills so what right does he have to criticize her looks? I'm sitting there like A) is this supposed to impress me and B) why are you even telling me this. I felt like I was being tested. Then he's like oh let me walk you to your car, but once I'm to the car he just keeps walking on to his car. Like dude, what are you doing???

Back