Yup. I use a nickname on the dating sites that doesn't clue you in on what my name could possibly be. I also use a different neighborhood as my location. I knew he was trying to be slick by asking questions to try to find out where I worked.
ew. what a time waster. all that says is "not serious"

My coworker swiped right to me on SoulSwipe. I know because he keeps popping up as soon as I open the app. SHould I swipe right back? This makes me nervous.

Do you see im at work all of the time? If yes, don't swipe right. Dating someone from work is almost always a bad idea. The exception is different offices or different parts of the building, etc.

When a guy send you the same exact opening paragraph weeks later....

princegif5.gif

Okay so training is over me & ol boy haven't talked since (said we would keep in touch) but it's been a week. Training was 10 days & more than half of those days we were sleeping together. He lives in D.C. & I live in Cali.

Should I just be over it or hit him up with a quick "Hey big head" text?

Okay so training is over me & ol boy haven't talked since (said we would keep in touch) but it's been a week. Training was 10 days & more than half of those days we were sleeping together. He lives in D.C. & I live in Cali.

Should I just be over it or hit him up with a quick "Hey big head" text?
A week and lives across the country?

That ship has probably sailed...?

Are you interested in him?

Now that I'm thinking about it, no. I was just interested because he was available. thI He's Christian, and dresses well but that's about it. Just a few weeks ago he was going to DC every week for premarital classes with his LDR and I'm no rebound.

Do you see im at work all of the time? If yes, don't swipe right. Dating someone from work is almost always a bad idea. The exception is different offices or different parts of the building, etc.

Yeah, I'm not even going to go there. Plus my boss is very territorial of me :sick2:

@ms.tatiana
(((Hugs)))
Sorry hon. Gotta guard your heart and body. Unless you enjoy sex for sex' sake and aren't looking for anything serious, I would focus on talking and getting to know a guy well first, no sex early on. Hand holding and kissing max early on. JMHO. If the guy pushes hard for more early on you know he isn't the one because he isn't respecting your boundaries.

In MDLWLY he says no online dating. How else am I supposed to meet men?
Tbh I never got that far in the book, but I think online dating is okay as a supplement to meeting people in real life. Like don't have it be the only way you're meeting people.

I struggled with that a lot because I'm not a social person at all but I find that you don't really need to be. Just go out and look cute and do your own thing and the men will come to you.

Lee and I had a lot of pillow talk last night after coloring... he is at this point where he is ready to talk and he spilled it all. I just laid there and listened, asked a few questions. I mean we have had deep conversations before but last night topped all prior conversations.

There is just so much to this man. He talked about his childhood, his father, his father figure, etc. It is like pieces of a puzzle and now they are all coming together to display this moving picture. He isn't traumatized by his dad's death but I can tell he has been doing a lot of thinking about his own past, his father's legacy and his way forward. He is thinking of his own mortality, etc.

Other dating news- NASA guy got the message. I haven't heard from him in a few days. Nice guy, I am sure he will find someone who is as attracted to him.

Been conversing with a lawyer but he seems too cocky for me. New to the area but he seems like the type to want a woman to chase. He is a Leo so he probably wanted his ego stroked *shrugs*

Another guy gave me his number 2 days ago. Checked all my boxes and decent online conversation so I contacted him- he didn't have anything interesting to talk about so I lost interest. That. Quick.
Then he hits me up on the app we met on the next yesterday so I ask him why did he do that if he had my number. He gave a silly response like "lol yeah you right." So I just blocked him on everything.

Generally speaking, I am not impressed. There is an event in DC that I am thinking of going to tonight at Cities- Black "After Wurk" event- a networking event...

Last edited:
Back