LMAO at they need to retire.

I can see it being Asian/Indian heavy, that makes sense. I don't do them either. But hopefully it'll be lots of cute white guys to look at at least lol.

What does "mtfs" mean? Like male to female transgender? Lol or mothereffers?
trannies! I was shocked! never seen one since I been going to a particular conference in MD 2002ish (back then I was literally the only bw, maybe 2 or 3 bm MAAYYYBE, in attendance for that one). Last cpl years has seen a good spike of us (yay!). Then last year I was like wtf all these 6'0 "women" coming from :lachen: and noticed the protruding Adam's apples. :lol:

the Indians are new. they flooded the industry recently. idk how tf that happen.

The white salesmen/vendors (generally Jews on industry) can be nice to look at, I agree. There can be some nice looking white industry men too.

I just be there for the free food and fulfilling my performance goals :lol:

What's a good happy hour/grab a drink alone bar in DC? Downtown/Chinatown/Penn Quarter area?
I like Ella's for decent hh pizza and drinks. Everyone's friendly. I take everyone there lol.

I also go to Iron Horse or the bar at NoPa. Jackpot is decent too (chill basement bar, young'uns are down the block at Rocket Bar luckily). The bar at Clyde's is decent too. The bar at Zaytinya should be chill too but I don't know if they offer hh. Hmm maybe try Proof (wine bar).

Now just naming other bars in the area: Gordon Biersch is okay but it's loud. Denson is a newer bar, it was also loud when I went but it was later in the week. Further up there's Ping Pong Dim Sum, Capital City Brewery, another beer place whose name escapes me.

You'll see lots of men at most of these places when there's a game at the Verizon Center.

That's all I got for now. But any decent restaurant in the area should have a bar, try it out.

This reminds me: I like watching the Superbowl at a bar. Lots of men and great convos. Some of us should get together and go this year.

ETA: Some of those bars do not serve food, so you can bring your own food to the bar. FYI in case you show up starving after work...

Funny story- my homegirl went on a date with a guy that she thinks I'd be a better match for. He's 7 years older than me and looking to marry. She said that as soon as he mentioned David Ramsey, she knew lol
When she asked him why his last relationship didn't work out, he said that she didn't have similar life goals. She asked what life goal was that? He said to live a debt free life! Lmao! I stay preaching this to her. She's going to pass my number along. I'm excited to talk David Ramsey with a real live person that I don't have to sell to. Yay! I better get a good meal out of this one.

The other one I mentioned some time ago, obviously ain't gonna work because I haven't heard from him, too long, too much hesitation obviously not a match for me.

Ugh, have to wash my hair but I want to take a nap....

Stay single my friends :)

I am slowly building a roster à la Spartan! I have 2 first dates this weekend and one second meet-up with a guy that I've gone out with before (this meet-up does not qualify as a date in my book- so he'll still owe me a date after this!).

Date 1: Finance guy, he's in incredible shape, dresses amazingly, and via text seems very polite and respectful. I honestly don't know that much about him yet. We're going for drinks and appetizers tonight.

Date 2: "Woke" Law Student - this guy is a wildcard. I don't find him super attractive BUT he is so on my wavelength with regards to Black Lives Matter, music, social activism, the challenges of living in a pre-dom white area as a young and woke Black person. I feel like at the very least we'll have a great conversation. We're going for a coffee date after my exam tomorrow.

Date 3: On Sunday Engineering Student and I are going to meet up and do homework together. To me, this does not qualify as a date. Unfortunately my date card was full by the time that he asked so this is all that I have time for-- gotta get this degree. I still want to see him though so I agreed to a study "date"-- thus far he's the guy that I'm most interested in and I'm really excited to see him again.

Roster cuts
- Med 4 Student: I feel like there's a reason he's still single at his advanced age honestly. Strikes: 1) He told me about a one night stand that he had with a resident on our first date; 2) He was late and offered no explanation on our first date; 3) He suggested I pick him up for our second date. Most importantly my gut was like NO.

- Accounting student: He went from you're so beautiful, a woman like you deserves a special date to repeated requests to come over and "chill."#Blocked

A guy I'm in the beginning stages of getting to know called me "cold" today. Normally, I'd be offended, but it made me happy. Maybe it's because I'm still in my feelings about my ex's betrayal, but I don't wanna be seen as nice right now. Nice has gotten me nowhere. Or rather, it's gotten me where people think nothing of lying to and hiding ish from me for 11 years.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not being a total bih to dude. Just enough to keep him on his toes.

First date tonight with this guy.

I wasn't feeling him too much initially, but he actually seems kinda cool now. I had a really bad week health wise, and he checked on me frequently. Even volunteered to bring me soup and ginger ale, but it wasn't that kind of sick. :lol: I have spinal issues that have been causing neck stiffness and tension headaches since before the summer.

I like this roster @KiSseS03 !
I'm unsure how to build them, they fall off so quickly. I like what I like and know relatively early who I will like.
I hope Ramsey don't turn me off....
Thanks girl!! I hope you like Ramsey. Truthfully, my list doesn't really qualify as a roster yet, but it's nice to know that there are some decent options for Black men in my city. There are definitely enough to build a roster over the next few weeks/months :)

My city isn't known for many either so when I online date, I'm actually going to cast a wider net and not just for my city....at all.
He can come to meet me if we click maybe one of us or both is willing to move. Why not?
Someone told me before I moved here that the women were attractive/well kept, but the men weren't, but I refused to believe them.

I have no problem moving, nothing is keeping me here except my job, so I'll do as you suggested and cast a wider net. (I don't dislike it here at all, I've met good people, but I don't have family here or anything, so there's no reason to stay if love, or another opportunity, pops up)

Generally speaking, men in my city are not attractive (among other things). I didn't want to do long distance, but I might have to import a bae. Currently talking to a few guys in NYC and DC (<--men I dated while there).

Same for me...and the attractive men usually get filtered through the same women. My friend hit me up yesterday about a guy I had talked to a few months ago because he invited her out for drinks, I told her go head. He had bored me to tears. That's exactly why I gotta get outta here!!!

I'm all for women building rosters.

I told my good guy friend about my roster and he said that I'm evil and obviously stringing these men along. Lol.

So, what?

Like they don't do it :rolleyes: . Boy bye.

I tell my friends to think of it like a sports team, you keep a rotating three to five, maybe even a sixth so when one acts up there's always somebody else to take their place & until someone earns that star spot it is what it is.

Like they don't do it :rolleyes: . Boy bye.

I tell my friends to think of it like a sports team, you keep a rotating three to five, maybe even a sixth so when one acts up there's always somebody else to take their place & until someone earns that star spot it is what it is.

Exactly. He's married, so he should be minding his own business.

Franchising players too quickly lead to regrets.:lachen:

First date tonight with this guy.

I wasn't feeling him too much initially, but he actually seems kinda cool now. I had a really bad week health wise, and he checked on me frequently. Even volunteered to bring me soup and ginger ale, but it wasn't that kind of sick. :lol: I have spinal issues that have been causing neck stiffness and tension headaches since before the summer.

Date went well. He was a gentleman, the conversation flowed well, I felt very at ease with him, even though it was our first time meeting. However, he is SHORT. AS. HELL. He definitely lied in his profile about his height. And he's kinda rough around the edges. I'd go out with him again, but I don't see relationship potential. And that's fine. I kinda just want to have fun right now anyway.

Last edited:
An ex that I've been broken up with for almost 4 years now added me on Instagram a few days ago, I've been taking a break from social media so I just now saw it today and I was like what the heck? He got married shortly after we broke up & now he has two kids, so I'm just really confused as to what kind of game he's playing, we haven't spoken or interacted since the day we ended things.

I thought about following him back just because I don't have any ill feelings of bitterness towards this guy, but my sister was like heck no! Let him feel simple for following you with no reciprocity or acknowledgement from you. :laugh:

So, I'm at training in Virginia for 10 days. I saw this handsome guy introduced myself & we clicked & have been clicking since we've been here. But again I live in California & he lives in D.C.

Why must I always find good guys while on vacation? I think I am going to move these Cali men ain't checking for me lol

So, I'm at training in Virginia for 10 days. I saw this handsome guy introduced myself & we clicked & have been clicking since we've been here. But again I live in California & he lives in D.C.

Why must I always find good guys while on vacation? I think I am going to move these Cali men ain't checking for me lol
cali men are ridiculous. I generally run across great men when I'm away too or online from across the country or Europe. wish I could move!

If you guys had to guess. what percentage of messages do you actually respond to?

How long do you take to respond on average?

do you actually have the chance to respond to everyone youre interested in as fast as youd like?

And lastly do you ever initiate sending him a message first?

sometimes I feel like I'm being extra by ignoring men under 34.

I have them automatically filtered out of my inbox messages on match.

but I'm just saying, every time I click on one they make less than $150K. I mean they usually make over 6 figures but still. does that make me petty?

Back