Ladies, do you tell the men that you're dating that you live alone?

This is my first place and I am inclined to lie and tell dudes that I have a room mate for safety purposes. Also, I won't be letting anyone up in here unless we're serious.

Do y'all lie or just tell them straight up and block them from inviting themselves over?

This is my first place and I am inclined to lie and tell dudes that I have a room mate for safety purposes. Also, I won't be letting anyone up in here unless we're serious.

Do y'all lie or just tell them straight up and block them from inviting themselves over?
Only main boo is allowed inside.

They know. They just don't get invited inside.

I remember last year another dude went ham on me because I wouldn't let him into my apartment after ONE movie date. He thought I was like all the other women he dated and would let him come inside after ONE time of us meeting and a few "sweet" phone calls. I wish I could post the screen shots.

What makes it worse- he is "a man of God" and was looking for a wife. But ready to throw down and fornicate if I would have said yes- asking me if I wanted to cuddle. Sending me links to view him playing the drums at church and everything. Wolf in sheeps clothing- disgusting.

Depending on my mood I will either ask if it matters or ask why a man would ask a grown, single woman he barely knows if she lives alone. They usually get it, and leave the topic alone.

I tell them the truth and don't let them know where I live until it's sure they're safe.

Man I just went back through bookmarks of various websites from 2011- 2015 while I was cleaning out my iPhone bookmarks to delete nonworking links... I have really came a long way. My ex husband's infidelity could have killed me--- and I mean that not exaggerating. I don't know how I got through... but I owe a lot of thank yous to the various people that listened to me vent, cry, and damn near breakdown.

The pain of infidelity I wouldn't wish on any one. To love someone so sincerely and then you find out they are betraying you. They are taking the knife to your heart over and over again while you look at them and ask, why are you hurting me.

I learned a lot--- but the main thing I learned out of that was to let go. Don't respond. Don't give them the satisfaction of letting them you they got to you. And knowing where I came from, I don't think I want any man to get that close to me again. Sleep with one eye open deal... and I don't know if that is how it should be.

Not relationship related, but I ended a 19 year long friendship this past weekend. I found out this person was hiding something from me, sat up in my face multiple times keeping this secret like it was nothing. Then when confronted told me I was overreacting. That is the part that really sent me over the edge and caused me to hang up on him and block his number. It's bad enough you were dead wrong, but then to try to dismiss my feelings about it? Nah, homie. I will never look at him the same, never trust him again, so therefore, he doesn't need to be in my life. I'm so hurt, disappointed and flat out pissed off. I'm done accepting treatment that's sub par to what I give out and tired of having my kindness mistaken for weakness. I hate that this person had to be the first casualty of 2017, but I'll live.

Last edited:
Man I just went back through bookmarks of various websites from 2011- 2015 while I was cleaning out my iPhone bookmarks to delete nonworking links... I have really came a long way. My ex husband's infidelity could have killed me--- and I mean that not exaggerating. I don't know how I got through... but I owe a lot of thank yous to the various people that listened to me vent, cry, and damn near breakdown.

The pain of infidelity I wouldn't wish on any one. To love someone so sincerely and then you find out they are betraying you. They are taking the knife to your heart over and over again while you look at them and ask, why are you hurting me.

I learned a lot--- but the main thing I learned out of that was to let go. Don't respond. Don't give them the satisfaction of letting them you they got to you. And knowing where I came from, I don't think I want any man to get that close to me again. Sleep with one eye open deal... and I don't know if that is how it should be.

I've skimmed through some of my old posts too and I'm just like whoaaaaaaa ! Who is this sad broken girl?
giphy.gif

Such a testiment to strength & resiliency!

I'm so mad at myself y'all :nono: I literally touched the guy I have a crush on NYE but didn't say a word .....I don't know why but I'm at a loss with how to get at him.

I finessed ol buddy a few weekends ago with no problem but I think it only came easy because I saw him as a mark :giggle: but my crush is like the real real deal. I'm such a shy nerd :drunk:

I logged off my social media too because I'm taking a break so I can't even flirt in his comments anymore.

Art, opera, ballet, ue ish...

Oh cool! You could ask him if hes recently seen any renditions of the Nutcracker. I know the Washington ballet did the Nutcracker recently (don't know where, somewhere in dc) and the Cincinnati ballet performed it at the Kennedy Center recently. I didn't go :(

I think Alvin Ailey is going to be performing at the Kennedy Center in February. Tell him to take you to that. (I've seen them preform once in nyc; they're fantastic)

Hmmmm you could talk about the rockettes. Ask him what type of genres of dance does he think they have to practice, besides ballet? (I'm interested in hearing his answer actually lol)

Has he ever seen a performance at carnegie hall?

I'm so mad at myself y'all :nono: I literally touched the guy I have a crush on NYE but didn't say a word .....I don't know why but I'm at a loss with how to get at him.

I finessed ol buddy a few weekends ago with no problem but I think it only came easy because I saw him as a mark :giggle: but my crush is like the real real deal. I'm such a shy nerd :drunk:

I logged off my social media too because I'm taking a break so I can't even flirt in his comments anymore.
Confidence UP- have you read Men Don't Love Women Like You? The book has some tips that may help.

Sigh......I know....I actually did read it :spinning:looks like I need a re-do. :oops:
You are the Sugar Honey Ice Tea. Your crush would EVER be so lucky to be in your presence. You have SO much to offer and you are VERY picky with whom you give it. CONFIDENCE UP AND FLIRT (and don't expect anything back). Just FLIRT and be sweet with a tinge of I'M EVERY WOMAN... he will fall in line- and if he doesn't- he is an IDIOT missing out on greatness.

Back