fading out on that dude who tells his family I'm his woman isn't gonna be easy. I don't respond, he sends stupid "attention getting" messages, emails, etc. I ignore he calls. And calls. And calls.

I am so disgusted by him.

No idea this negro was trippin like this. ugh!

and he is so unattractive. looked like a pot belly turtle ffs!

fading out on that dude who tells his family I'm his woman isn't gonna be easy. I don't respond, he sends stupid "attention getting" messages, emails, etc. I ignore he calls. And calls. And calls.

I am so disgusted by him.

No idea this negro was trippin like this. ugh!

and he is so unattractive. looked like a pot belly turtle ffs!

I would block him. I've blocked dudes for much less. I do the fade when ppl take the hint and leave me alone. Otherwise, I block.

Just got back from visiting online dude.

Didn't I say I wasn't kissing him this year? I be lying y'all. :look:

He isn't a face eater (like I was terrified of). He's actually a good kisser....I lost myself for a bit, but luckily I found myself before I was naked. Tragic for him. :lachen:

He paid for half my Apple Watch for Christmas. I wanted him to pay for all of it, but I wouldn't even admit we was dating and we only met in person a couple weeks ago so....baby steps.

Those who met someone in person from online: what happens when you both realize that there is no connection?
Keep it moving. Do you mean do you have a convo with them? If they keep contacting me I tell them I'm not interested, but generally if both parties know there isn't a connection then they don't reach out to each other anymore.

If we're still on our outing, I'll cut it short. If meeting someone from online for the first time, I prefer settings where I can bounce quickly. Like meeting for coffee, or Ice cream.

Keep it moving. Do you mean do you have a convo with them? If they keep contacting me I tell them I'm not interested, but generally if both parties know there isn't a connection then they don't reach out to each other anymore.

If we're still on our outing, I'll cut it short. If meeting someone from online for the first time, I prefer settings where I can bounce quickly. Like meeting for coffee, or Ice cream.
This is the first time I'm meeting someone in person. I guess I'm afraid this will be a huge blow to my ego if he is not attracted to me.

This is the first time I'm meeting someone in person. I guess I'm afraid this will be a huge blow to my ego if he is not attracted to me.
It's natural to be nervous, but the perceptions of a stranger should have little impact on how you feel about yourself. If they aren't attracted to you, then on to the next. Everyone isn't for everybody. I take it you really like this guy or find him really attractive?

I have a date tomorrow. He's not my physical type (I usually date tall sessy hard bodies or close to it), he's just kinda...normal I guess lol. He's cute, but not my automatic "I'll sit on his face" cute. But he's smart and funny, so I'm looking forward to it.
So this guy....I'm meeting him in 30 minutes! And he's been texting me all morning asking me questions...my ninja...we are going to see each other soon, we can chat then! I'm annoyed.

It's natural to be nervous, but the perceptions of a stranger should have little impact on how you feel about yourself. If they aren't attracted to you, then on to the next. Everyone isn't for everybody. I take it you really like this guy or find him really attractive?
Actually, I'm not allowing myself to get too excited until I actually meet him. It takes a while for me to warm up to someone. I enjoy speaking to him, though and on paper he seems like someone that would be good for me. He isn't necessarily my type physically, but I can look past it because of everything else.

Actually, I'm not allowing myself to get too excited until I actually meet him. It takes a while for me to warm up to someone. I enjoy speaking to him, though and on paper he seems like someone that would be good for me. He isn't necessarily my type physically, but I can look past it because of everything else.

This is good! It's ok to feel a little excitement :) but I understand wanting to temper expectations, I struggle with finding that balance myself.

Also, when Im really into someone I start to question myself and become nervous around them, and they can sense that, and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy. I'm trying to focus on being the choosy one--the one who is doing the assessing and determining whether or not he's worthy of my time, rather than concerning myself with if he will be into me. I do this easily with men I'm "meh" about, not so much with the ones I like lol, I'm working on it.

Ahhhhhh! It's almost time! I'm excited for you :lol:

Lol, you crack me up. So the date went well, he's easy to talk to and a cool guy in general, but.....We met online and he didn't have his height on his profile, I tried to gauge it by his group shots because my friend said it was rude to ask him, hehe. Well...he's shorter than me, he's no taller than 5'9, and I'm 5'11, he's probably more like 5'7 or 8ish but I have a hard time assessing height when people are shorter than me, but my height or taller I'm always on point with my guesstimates lol. (I have my height on my profile). I don't have a strict height requirement, just a strong preference. I've dated shorter men before but they were Alpha males so height didn't matter as much, he is not an alpha.

He also reminds me a lot of my little brother in his mannerisms and some of his features. He had locs in his pics so I didn't see it before, but with the short cut I think there is a strong resemblance. Needless to say I'm not sexually attracted to him. I could tell I made him nervous initially, so that was also a turn off as well, but I was my usual self in convo (open, light hearted) and he became more relaxed. I'll probably friend zone him, I'd like to hang out again, but I'm not romantically interested at this point.

@sogold04

My prospect is talking about us like we are going to end up in a relationship and I'm like dude, you don't even know if you will be attracted to me yet.

Let's meet first and if the spark is there, you can do all the sweet things for me that you keep telling me you will do.

@sogold04

My prospect is talking about us like we are going to end up in a relationship and I'm like dude, you don't even know if you will be attracted to me yet.

Let's meet first and if the spark is there, you can do all the sweet things for me that you keep telling me you will do.

That's a no go with me. Don't tell me about what you going to do; just do it. And forget him being attracted to you, what if you aren't attracted to him?

Online dude isn't the usual type of guy I'd date and I wasn't sure before meeting him if there was going to be any attraction. Turns out he isn't photogenic at all and he's actually cute, but he still isn't the usual type of dude I would date.

But I think that's what I like about online dating. It broadens my horizons cause usually I'm very shallow.

So I gave in. The man deserves a Christmas present. Went to Macy's and got him two packages of Ralph Polo colorful socks. That will make his day.

I found a Hatchimal for his daughter. He was really grateful for that. I am ready for this holiday to be over. I want to be lazy and sleep

Omg! Never heard of a Hatchimal. Had to look it up.
http://www.hatchimals.com/

IMG_2192.JPG IMG_2193.JPG

How cool! Sounds like one of the coolest, new, hard to find toys.

Last edited:
just told him how unattractive his type of lifestyle is to me (50yr old couch potato n gamer, temp jobs, nothing productive outside the paycheck. just come home watch TV and the apartment looks trashed).

I was kind of mean but held back. :look:

Don't want him confused and showing up unannounced at my place (he has before) under the guise of "being worried about us" :rolleyes:

Omg! Never heard of a Hatchimal. Had to look it up.

How cool! Sounds like one of the coolest, new, hard to find toys.
Me either until like 3 weeks ago. But by then, they were all sold out, except for the people marking them up on eBay. Target is selling them like drugs- you have to ask in the back.

He brought my son a whole bunch of Amiibos that my son really wanted- so the least I can do besides blessing him with my presence is find that rare toy. Haha- I totally didn't expect to find one but I definitely won't let him forget it.

Last edited:
just told him how unattractive his type of lifestyle is to me (50yr old couch potato n gamer, temp jobs, nothing productive outside the paycheck. just come home watch TV and the apartment looks trashed).

I was kind of mean but held back. :look:

Don't want him confused and showing up unannounced at my place (he has before) under the guise of "being worried about us" :rolleyes:
What was his response? Are his temp jobs paying well?

Merry Christmas ladies-
I couldn't send each of you a tall, educated, gainfully employed, chiseled, great smile having, respectful, doesn't cheat, loves making his woman happy, Black man.... Santa said @qchelle got the last one before they were back ordered....

But I hope all of you enjoy your day with your families and loved ones. I hope the gifts you are given, brighten your day. And I hope 2017 is your year in the love department.
:grouphug2:

Merry Christmas ladies-
I couldn't send each of you a tall, educated, gainfully employed, chiseled, great smile having, respectful, doesn't cheat, loves making his woman happy, Black man.... Santa said @qchelle got the last one before they were back ordered....

But I hope all of you enjoy your day with your families and loved ones. I hope the gifts you are given, brighten your day. And I hope 2017 is your year in the love department.
:grouphug2:

:lachen:

Merry Christmas ladies :kiss:

Girl I told her before when he had his first kid, I never give people updates on ex's unless it's something petty and I'll know they'll get a kick out of it. I low key feel like she tried me.

You told her once before not to update you about an ex and she did it again? She's not your friend. :nono: I would put her on a short leash or ignore if it were me.

Last edited:
What was his response? Are his temp jobs paying well?
Not for the area. This the one that asked to borrow money or come stay with me and my child when he was getting evicted.

He is also highly emotional and makes emotional decisions in the heat of the moment and has zero plan or goals. it's how he ended up temping and almost homeless. just to work is his plan...enough to pay bills. home hum. how exciting:rolleyes:

Not for the area. This the one that asked to borrow money or come stay with me and my child when he was getting evicted.

He is also highly emotional and makes emotional decisions in the heat of the moment and has zero plan or goals. it's how he ended up temping and almost homeless. just to work is his plan...enough to pay bills. home hum. how exciting:rolleyes:
I'm shocked he's still able to contact you. Smfh too damn old for this foolishness

Back