Don't feel very single lately, but saw Hotep rolling by my job on Snap, shooting subliminals. If he gets on out there, I think it will be trouble unless they hire him at the resort, not the Spa area. For someone who is about that alternative life, he chases me so hard. He is a hoe and got treated as such. Cannot turn a hoe into a housemate.

Eta: So yeah, he is trying to get a management position at the resort...

I was asked on a date by a guy in a wheelchair.

I know him through mutual friends. He's cool, intelligent, funny, attractive, but he's in a wheelchair.

Tbh, I'm more concerned about him currently being in school. I typically don't date students because 1) I prefer established men. 2) I don't like to be 2nd to school work. Sorta been there already.

We'll see how it goes.

Let me tell y'all what happened now.

So me and dude were going out tonight to celebrate my actual birthday. Which wasn't really too big of a thing in my mind. It's not a milestone birthday or anything and I usually just celebrate my birthday with friends or whoever I'm seeing at the time. Very low key.

But then he doesn't text me all day except a happy birthday text this morning after I said something about how he hadn't wished me happy birthday. Our plans weren't exactly confirmed for any certain time so I was waiting on him to text or call me back to let me know what's up.

Doesn't hit me back all day until 5pm. So of course I'm mad and didn't go out with him.

He's about to be blocked. This is why I don't date.

^did he apologize for getting back to you mad late?

Not until I brought the issue up then it was a very weak "sorry" text message. He said he was shopping for a funeral and that's why he hadn't responded to my texts and / or phone call.

We're talking about a time frame from 11am - 5pm and when I didn't answer his phone call at 5pm he texted "you blocked me?"

I think it's highly rude to make plans with someone (especially on said person's birthday) and not confirm place, time, etc. early in the day if not the night before.

I really had nothing to say to him because I wouldn't let a man confirm a date for that evening with me at 5pm on a regular day less alone on my birthday.

My time is valuable and I won't be treated like an option or convenience.

Maybe I'm overreacting being so quick to want to dismiss him. I'll sleep on it, but I feel even his "apology" as it were had a devil may care attitude to it.

I agree

His behavior was unacceptable
And it should not be rewarded with your time... attention or acknowledgement

And I would never have called him or text him on my birthday...

He definitely deserves to be iced... until his behavior becomes worthy of your attention and or presence

At any point he could've text back and said today is not a good day for our outing or any response, ignoring and no plans

Meh. Iced!!!!

I think for now I'm definitely going to ice him. A lesson has to be learned here on proper etiquette. Depending on how he grovels will depend upon if we ever speak again.

He has a lot going for him, but he's rough around the edges.

Not until I brought the issue up then it was a very weak "sorry" text message. He said he was shopping for a funeral and that's why he hadn't responded to my texts and / or phone call.

We're talking about a time frame from 11am - 5pm and when I didn't answer his phone call at 5pm he texted "you blocked me?"

I think it's highly rude to make plans with someone (especially on said person's birthday) and not confirm place, time, etc. early in the day if not the night before.

I really had nothing to say to him because I wouldn't let a man confirm a date for that evening with me at 5pm on a regular day less alone on my birthday.

My time is valuable and I won't be treated like an option or convenience.

Maybe I'm overreacting being so quick to want to dismiss him. I'll sleep on it, but I feel even his "apology" as it were had a devil may care attitude to it.

I like you. a lot. so glad you stopped lurking and joined lol

Ok I see you young bae. You better keep up the momentum and step up to the plate.
DANG he fine

2b5f9217_11lirgm.gif

Dude called me last night I was sleeping, but even if I hadn't been I still wouldn't have answered. He texted me today just a wyd text I didn't respond.

He called me a bit ago I decided to answer and see what he had to say for himself. I was far from impressed.

He basically tried to talk to me as if nothing had transpired and then when he did choose to address the situation it was some more weak excuses about how he was busy yesterday (and apparently did not have time) to confirm our date prior to 5pm. I ended the call at this point.

I somewhat feel like this a little thing, but I also feel like it's a big thing.

I don't do excuses and his inability to just own up to what he did is putting me off. If he had hit me up yesterday like, "I'm sorry I know I should've gotten back to you earlier, but I was busy" I still wouldn't have gone out with him yesterday but I would've been more likely to brush all this off.

I just feel like there are too many excuses trying to be made now and not enough ownership of wrongdoing. It's a sign of immaturity.

I know him through mutual friends. He's cool, intelligent, funny, attractive, but he's in a wheelchair.

Tbh, I'm more concerned about him currently being in school. I typically don't date students because 1) I prefer established men. 2) I don't like to be 2nd to school work. Sorta been there already.

We'll see how it goes.

I used to work with this fineee man in a wheelchair. I nicknamed him to my friends as wheelchair bae and we used to eye flirt, but that was the extent of it. I didn't stay at that company too long lol.

We'll see how it goes.

I used to dance with this guy who was shot and paralyzed in high school. He was always very attractive.

He got SOME points back. I told him my interview went well and said he was sending out good vibes for me.

I don't think I have ever hated my period more than I do now. I am SO HORNY and I could get a fix at any time (especially this Sunday) but nooooo. Aunt Flo just had to swoop in and ruin it. It's been almost 2 weeks, I'm dying here!

My male coworker told me to hold off with having sex with him again but it's hard man. His touch is electrifying to my arousal. And when he gets all demanding God yes. Dickmatized indeed.

He's slightly concerned about my best guy friend. And he's insecure about certain features (he doesn't think he's masculine enough). I told him I feel safe with him and he's been much more attentive. It was the truth but jeez. I see what y'all mean about stroking his ego to get what you want. It just took me awhile because I've always had to do that to get anything (love money whatever) from my father. Something that I felt he should give freely because I'm his daughter. But I see the potential. And I could easily fall into this role. But it would get boring fast.

I told him Space Jam was playing this weekend and it's one of my favorite movies. So we're going. And he downloaded a freeware game that someone made about Space Jam that he wants us to play afterwards (yes I know what's behind this lol. I ain't that stupid). So he gets points for effort.

We also had a discussion about Trump and my fears as a black woman. He's optimistic and tried to reassure me. "I know it's scary but we will survive." I still don't know what this means. Was he trying to sing I Will Survive? Did he mean we will survive as a country? As individuals? Or us dating? Who knows. But "the talk" is boiling up. I can feel it.

Tis the season for cuffing!

I CAN'T STAND GUYS THAT KEEP TEXTING ME AFTER I DON'T RESPOND THE FIRST TIME.

Whenever I meet a guy I make it very clear that I work and go to school, so my schedule is pretty hectic. There are going to be plenty of times where I read your texts but can't reply later. I'm at work. I'm at school. I'm driving. You hitting me with "?????" or "Hello?" is just guaranteeing that you'll be blocked. It makes me so crazy when guys do that.

Back