I bounce back and forth between "I really can't be bothered"/"If I was going to be married, I should've done it EARLY, like 22-25, because I have better things to do now"/"Being coupled up + kids means I can't be selfish...to hell with that..."/"Dating is a chore and I'm tired of it"

and

"The rent is too damn high. I need a sponsor"/"I need someone to take me ___ and pay for it"/"I need a kid or two that I put in cheerleading and pageants"

It's hard not to see dollar signs, ain't it? :lachen: you in the dmv, too? I understand girl.

So Maxwell and MJB are coming in November and I have been waiting all my life to see Maxwell in concert. Lol I asked dude if he was getting a box for the show and if so, how much would he charge me for a ticket :look:, but apparently he had already planned on asking me to go with him. :spinning:

I figured as much but I needed to know if I was going to have to go to the show through other means/suitors.:bdance:

I am going to send the Saudi our video and text him...How does this sound? "me and you. We're cute. Let's talk.

Lol. But we are cute lol

I need to get serious about meeting someone. I usually hit the ground running when I move to a new city, but I just haven't felt like being social. Work is A LOT and Ise tired. I don't want to do online dating, but the few black men-centric events I've gone to have been full of married men.

ETA: this post was motivated by sexting my fave DMV bae. We met up when I was in town and it was soooooo good :cry3: I want the next new boo who gets the goodies to actually be a fa real boo, and since I don't have any old heauxs on tap here to hold me over....I gotta hop to it

I bounce back and forth between "I really can't be bothered"/"If I was going to be married, I should've done it EARLY, like 22-25, because I have better things to do now"/"Being coupled up + kids means I can't be selfish...to hell with that..."/"Dating is a chore and I'm tired of it"

and

"The rent is too damn high. I need a sponsor"/"I need someone to take me ___ and pay for it"/"I need a kid or two that I put in cheerleading and pageants"

Get outta my head!!!!

Babe bought me a small random gift without me having to ask first :lol: this is a huge step for him/us :lol: it was thoughtful, too, cuz it's something I'd mentioned to him and he knew I'd like :) oh, how they grow so fast lmao.

One of my old coworker-friends recently got engaged. Another wedding next year! :yay: that makes 3 so far!

Ok quick, humorous back story on the newly engaged couple. They're white, she's Jewish. We were talking about money recently and I joked that I needed it more than her, cuz she's a 2 person household, and I'm just 1. Well, she comes back with: her fiance owes her $5k. I said what when how why? She says "just expenses over the past few years. He pays me a fixed amount since I pay for everything and what he pays is generally not enough. And then I paid more for the house (they bought a house together a few years ago) and scout (their dog). And I helped him buy his new car"

Yall. Now, I knew regular degular white people were ratchet and horrible but the jews?! :thud: c'lawwwwwwwd if it ain't no hope for the jews, WHAT IN TARNATION ARE WE GONNA DO?! :lachen: I mean the hell!? So she basically funding his damn life?! :lachen: whew chile, I swear women are batshit crazy lmaoo all I responded with was "wow you are the best gf ever" :lachen:

What in TARNATION

without me having to ask first
This. I love not having to ask. Give me because you care for me, know that I have a need, want to make me happy. Not necessarily gifts - anything you see I need - like money toward the rent, money for groceries, getting me a massage, surprise me and take me out, focus on me for a day, etc. Lee been stepping up major in those ways.

I am talking to two other men plus my 10 year friend W (not including Lee). None of them are trying to step up. W hasn't asked me back out since us meeting a few weeks ago, but keeps sending me messages about how "awesome" and beautiful I am. The other two are keeping it to phone calls--- going slow as hell. I am still waiting to be asked out... I think they have other women they are entertaining as well. But my patience is very low. Plus the juggling is getting difficult. I shut down two of my dating profiles, probably will shut down the last one down soon. Gonna start scaling back to see who responds the most but I can see myself heading back to Lee's direction by Christmas if he keeps it up.

Babe bought me a small random gift without me having to ask first :lol: this is a huge step for him/us :lol: it was thoughtful, too, cuz it's something I'd mentioned to him and he knew I'd like :) oh, how they grow so fast lmao.

One of my old coworker-friends recently got engaged. Another wedding next year! :yay: that makes 3 so far!

Ok quick, humorous back story on the newly engaged couple. They're white, she's Jewish. We were talking about money recently and I joked that I needed it more than her, cuz she's a 2 person household, and I'm just 1. Well, she comes back with: her fiance owes her $5k. I said what when how why? She says "just expenses over the past few years. He pays me a fixed amount since I pay for everything and what he pays is generally not enough. And then I paid more for the house (they bought a house together a few years ago) and scout (their dog). And I helped him buy his new car"

Yall. Now, I knew regular degular white people were ratchet and horrible but the jews?! :thud: c'lawwwwwwwd if it ain't no hope for the jews, WHAT IN TARNATION ARE WE GONNA DO?! :lachen: I mean the hell!? So she basically funding his damn life?! :lachen: whew chile, I swear women are batshit crazy lmaoo all I responded with was "wow you are the best gf ever" :lachen:

What in TARNATION
You ain't wrong. If the Jews of all people are supporting their man, we got a problem. Studies, therapy, self-help books get these men back on the right track! I'm too poor to be supporting a man!

And yaaaa for him learning again! I want to print him out a certificate with a big gold star lmao.

There's this dude in my physical therapy session. I guess he's my trainer. I had a woman help me the first session and he helped me Tuesday, which was my 2nd session. He was nice. Weird but nice. Like different from "this is my job so I have to be nice to you." Like the trainers at the gym.

Anyway, a different woman came in today to help me at first. I was like cool. Then all of a sudden he walked his a$$ in. Got damn it. He was badly trying to break the ice by telling lame jokes and then asking me would I rather have cookies or brownies for the rest of my life. Then he said something about a cookie/brownie mixture. I told him I like to bake desserts so I would have to try to make the cookie/brownie mixture. He then proceeded to shade me saying that after eating said cookie/brownie mixture that someone bought in he was going to stick to eating fruits and veggies*. I wanted to punch him. And my guard went right back up.

I'm mad at myself for thinking like that. Before the shade happened, I was thinking "ok he has girlfriend or is gay. No way is this dude trying to flirt (albeit badly) with me. He's an aid so maybe he thinks I'm his age." And JUST when I thinking i was wrong BOOM he proved me right.

*yes I realize this "shade" could be made up in my head. And that he was just giving his thought process without any concern to me or my body and that I am most likely projecting my own insecurites onto his statement and making it more than it was.

All that being said even if he was shading me that thought process is hard to overcome. I'm told I have to think every man wants me and I don't know how to think like that. Maybe these women have tougher skin then I do.

You ain't wrong. If the Jews of all people are supporting their man, we got a problem. Studies, therapy, self-help books get these men back on the right track! I'm too poor to be supporting a man!

And yaaaa for him learning again! I want to print him out a certificate with a big gold star lmao.

She is, too! Which is why it's so baffling to me. Maybe I could understand better if she had it like that, but she don't lol. So I'm struggling by myself and then I'm struggling with someone else, too? That is hilarious! :lachen: who has time for that!? What is the point? Lolllllllll.

She is, too! Which is why it's so baffling to me. Maybe I could understand better if she had it like that, but she don't lol. So I'm struggling by myself and then I'm struggling with someone else, too? That is hilarious! :lachen: who has time for that!? What is the point? Lolllllllll.
Chile no! What is she doing?! I thought she was rich at least. And you over there gassing her head up. You aint right :lachen: I would do the same thing though :look: shes not gonna dump him so why bother? Give her the kudos she wants and KIM.
All I keep picturing is a white Florida and James Evans.

Chile no! What is she doing?! I thought she was rich at least. And you over there gassing her head up. You aint right :lachen: I would do the same thing though :look: shes not gonna dump him so why bother? Give her the kudos she wants and KIM.
All I keep picturing is a white Florida and James Evans.

:lachen: baaahaaa!!
Right, no use in saying anything. Im not an advice giver. Idc that much, plus I don't know what I'm doing either :lol:

And yea, she just offered the information up like it was nothing. Like she was almost bragging lmao. Like chick what? :lol: no shame.

But nah, I'm happy for her tho! Congrats congrats to everyone. All 3 weddings next year....mirror this situation. ALL 3. Except the other 2 are black couples. Craziness :lachen: but fareal, congrats lmao.

Can you report text messages? It probably sent to the wrong person, but I just got a very concerning and threatening one. Like I'm afraid for the person who it was actually for.

Unless it was for me...

Back