We went for ice cream and I said I wanted to walk around for a bit. It was a shopping center, but it was a nice one! He wanted to stop in Dicks, Target, Bed bath and beyond, and Kay's :look:

He said Dicks would be a great part time job for him. I'm thinking why is he talking about part time jobs? Lol but then I realized I really like that. And he had a pt job at Michael's last year, too. That says to me that he's not above working retail to bring in extra money/increase savings. That's very sexy.

We looked at engagement rings in Kay's. He signed up for their thing, I got sized and tried on a few different ones. Rings with huge diamonds are so ugly to me. I like the dainty ones. And I like the ones with color better. I liked the ones with rose gold bands and little diamonds in the band. The plain ones are more expensive it seems. Just the plain band and 1 diamond in the middle ones? BORIIIING lol. She showed us 1 that was $18k!! Whoooooo what when why for sway? For some boring ass ring? That's so dumb. I think I have LE, ratchet taste in rings :lachen: He was happy tho. Cuz they cheaper lmao smh.

And he brought up that he'd been browsing houses again and couldn't find any within a certain price range in a certain area. I'm like bruh, you looking wrong, they're clearly there, in abundance. I showed him how wrong he was lol and we looked at houses for a bit.

I'm reallllly gonna try to stop taking all his money, and being more considerate of it since I can actually see that he is saving for a ring.

Yall think that's a good idea or nah? Should I continue to not gaf? :look:

I just told the guy I've been dating that we should go our separate ways.

I feel like he's constantly trying to change me.

Nothing negative, but I really just want someone to love & accept me for who I am at THIS point in my life.

He is a successful medical professional and keeps on mentioning how I should go to law school.

I'm 31 (about to be 32 in a month), and I do not want to go back to school for law.. unless I'm married & can focus on law school alone without the added pressures of paying a mortgage etc.

I enjoy a mate that is willing to push me to be the best version of myself, but I also need to be accepted where I am along the way.

I hope I did not make a mistake.

Last edited:
We went for ice cream and I said I wanted to walk around for a bit. It was a shopping center, but it was a nice one! He wanted to stop in Dicks, Target, Bed bath and beyond, and Kay's :look:

He said Dicks would be a great part time job for him. I'm thinking why is he talking about part time jobs? Lol but then I realized I really like that. And he had a pt job at Michael's last year, too. That says to me that he's not above working retail to bring in extra money/increase savings. That's very sexy.

We looked at engagement rings in Kay's. He signed up for their thing, I got sized and tried on a few different ones. Rings with huge diamonds are so ugly to me. I like the dainty ones. And I like the ones with color better. I liked the ones with rose gold bands and little diamonds in the band. The plain ones are more expensive it seems. Just the plain band and 1 diamond in the middle ones? BORIIIING lol. She showed us 1 that was $18k!! Whoooooo what when why for sway? For some boring ass ring? That's so dumb. I think I have LE, ratchet taste in rings :lachen: He was happy tho. Cuz they cheaper lmao smh.

And he brought up that he'd been browsing houses again and couldn't find any within a certain price range in a certain area. I'm like bruh, you looking wrong, they're clearly there, in abundance. I showed him how wrong he was lol and we looked at houses for a bit.

I'm reallllly gonna try to stop taking all his money, and being more considerate of it since I can actually see that he is saving for a ring.

Yall think that's a good idea or nah? Should I continue to not gaf? :look:
Ah yes! Another update! I was thining about you at work wondering when you were gonna update us lol.

Wait. Weren't yall fighting? Or did you make up?

I'm feeling more hopeful about the man options in my city :)

I was really pessimistic for awhile, but I've come to the conclusion lately that online dating (at least for my city) represents the poorest sample. I met a really handsome guy from my school this past weekend during an orientation event for my program. He is a year ahead of me and has been really friendly and flirty on two occasions thus far. I have also just been randomly seeing new, unfamiliar, handsome guys while out and about. I'm hopeful that September will bring a new crop of young professionals and grad students. I have a new place, new car, new outlook and my environment feels new.

Last edited:
I'm going to a meet up tomorrow. Adult dodgeball in the park. There was some men of color on the RSVP list so I figured I'd have a good chance of meeting black people (men).

I'll be out there in my cute gym wear. Tank, leggings and running sneakers. I'm kinda excited about it since I like physical activity. Yay

I just told the guy I've been dating that we should go our separate ways.

I feel like he's constantly trying to change me.

Nothing negative, but I really just want someone to love & accept me for who I am at THIS point in my life.

He is a successful medical professional and keeps on mentioning how I should go to law school.

I'm 31 (about to be 32 in a month), and I do not want to go back to school for law.. unless I'm married & can focus on law school alone without the added pressures of paying a mortgage etc.

I enjoy a mate that is willing to push me to be the best version of myself, but I also need to be accepted where I am along the way.

I hope I did not make a mistake.

You're beautiful inside (your posts are always sweet) and outside (very pretty siggie)! Idt you made a mistake. Hopefully he realizes his mistake and comes to his senses, otherwise you will find that one that adores you with no lip.

On Facebook I ask what are some good documentaries to watch. One guy posted Hidden Colors.

I'm like, "Ok then!" I knew he was kind of woke from my news feed and that he likes the stuff I post about black issues/excellence. And because I gave him a ride home twice and we talked about it a bit. But I wanted to REALLY see.

So I asked him what he thought about integration, Black Wall Street and whether integration was harmful to black people. Chile. His answer! YAS! Hopefully he carries that intellect to his dating life and makes a black woman very happy one day. Not all hope is lost for my black Cali brotheren.

You're beautiful inside (your posts are always sweet) and outside (very pretty siggie)! Idt you made a mistake. Hopefully he realizes his mistake and comes to his senses, otherwise you will find that one that adores you with no lip.
Thanks☺
We talked (he showed up at the Nordstrom I was shopping at .. stalker lol) and said we have to work this out and that he wants me to see the bigger picture he has for us blah blah blah.

I mentioned back in May how if I could have a do over I would've went to Law school vs getting my MBA..and he has rolled with that ever since.

The book *Calling in "The One": 7 Weeks to Attract the Love of Your Life * was just delivered to my home.. I plan on starting the challenge in the morning. I intend on attracting the one that is for me really soon..by Christmas lol.

If its him great. If not, new guy will be amazing too.

So.. I sent this dude kissy emojis with the hearts...
and he text me back "love you too"

am i missing something here? do those emojis mean love or something?

cbc7dafdc742606b935288c47a9aec02.png

So - I was talking to a guy last night---- new guy I met on Tinder. He asked me why I was single- so I gave a funny, quirky response about waiting for "The One", which lead to a conversation about why men aren't looking for anything "serious" even as they age well into their mid 30s and 40s. He basically said to me that men are living in the fast and now. Women have become so easy so they don't feel the need to go after a woman that is difficult to catch.
So I threw back at him "What about when they are older, what about their legacy, what about having a family... etc". His response was men aren't thinking that much into the future to make those decisions. They could die tomorrow due to police brutality, etc. so thinking that far in advance just isn't important." So I retorted back- well that is kinda like not setting up a retirement fund and getting to 60 and not have enough money to retire. Then what will you do?
The conversation ended ok- and he did reaffirm some things I read regarding how men operate. I think it is just sad though. Dating is one big game so that is what I shall play. I am talking to 3 guys right now---- trying to see if I can find anymore decent ones.

So.. I sent this dude kissy emojis with the hearts...
and he text me back "love you too"

am i missing something here? do those emojis mean love or something?

cbc7dafdc742606b935288c47a9aec02.png
Its suppose to be sending/blowing a kiss but most people interpret it as sending love via kiss. Or at least I do which is why i only send it to family unlesd he sends it first.

So - I was talking to a guy last night---- new guy I met on Tinder. He asked me why I was single- so I gave a funny, quirky response about waiting for "The One", which lead to a conversation about why men aren't looking for anything "serious" even as they age well into their mid 30s and 40s. He basically said to me that men are living in the fast and now. Women have become so easy so they don't feel the need to go after a woman that is difficult to catch.
So I threw back at him "What about when they are older, what about their legacy, what about having a family... etc". His response was men aren't thinking that much into the future to make those decisions. They could die tomorrow due to police brutality, etc. so thinking that far in advance just isn't important." So I retorted back- well that is kinda like not setting up a retirement fund and getting to 60 and not have enough money to retire. Then what will you do?
The conversation ended ok- and he did reaffirm some things I read regarding how men operate. I think it is just sad though. Dating is one big game so that is what I shall play. I am talking to 3 guys right now---- trying to see if I can find anymore decent ones.
I'm talking to a 35 year old who just got of a 9 year relationship but they weren't married/engaged. Which makes NO sense to me. But anyway, dude is wildin' out (like he slept with a pro :spinning: which instantly took him out of the running) and I'm like I'm not gonna judge you because 9 years is a long time but dude you on the wrong side of 30 to be doing stuff like that. But at least he was upfront about what he wanted (lover and best friend *side-eye*). So age doesn't matter. If he has a penis and is over 18 it seems the majority (not all) just playing games until they don't have to.

I wonder how the lesbians are doing? Like do they have this problem as well?

Last edited:
I'm talking to a 35 year old who hust got of a 9 year relationship but they weren't married/engaged. Which makes NO sense to me. But anyway, dude is wildin' out (like he slept with a pro :spinning: which instantly took him out of the running) and I'm like I'm not gonna judge you because 9 years is a long time but dude you on the wrong side of 30 to be doing stuff like that. But at least he was upfront about what he wanted (lover and best friend *side-eye*). So age doesn't matter. If he has a penis and is over 18 it seems the majority (not all) just playing games until they don't have to.

I wonder how the lesbians are doing? Like do they have this problem as well?
Which leads me to say. I really need release. My vibrator/rabbit isn't doing anything for me anymore. Seriously frustrated here. Like the duck bill at thr gyno didn't even hurt this time. That's how...yeah yall get it.

Want opinions: if you're out at a bar, or at an event and just talking to people. And a guy offers to buy you a drink. And you're in a relationship, would you accept the drink or nah? What is 'supposed' to happen here?

Want opinions: if you're out at a bar, or at an event and just talking to people. And a guy offers to buy you a drink. And you're in a relationship, would you accept the drink or nah? What is 'supposed' to happen here?

Are you at the bar waiting for your boo? Or friends? LOL

Yes I accept the drink. Buying a drink for me (and my friends) does not mean we are trying to see if this will go anywhere.
Thanks for the drink sir.

Back