DMV ladies!!! I have a first date tonight and have been tasked with choosing where we go. I asked him if he had something specific in mind that he wanted to do or if he wanted me to just randomly pick something. He said random!!! *bird man rub* I like guys that are open to new experiences and give me control, but I need suggestions on where we should go. I kinda dont wanna do the basic dinner and drinks and am considering suggesting we go play trivia. Any thoughts?

I tagged yall cuz I think yall live here Lol
@qchelle @JFK @sj10460

DMV ladies!!! I have a first date tonight and have been tasked with choosing where we go. I asked him if he had something specific in mind that he wanted to do or if he wanted me to just randomly pick something. He said random!!! *bird man rub* I like guys that are open to new experiences and give me control, but I need suggestions on where we should go. I kinda dont wanna do the basic dinner and drinks and am considering suggesting we go play trivia. Any thoughts?

@qchelle @JFK @sj10460

aww, how sweet, new relationships are awesome!

What is it that you want to do but haven't done before? I'd start there. But here's some ideas:

- go play miniature golf: East Potomac Golf Course or my fav Topgolf in alexandria or

- you can go to a nats game

I like the washington water monuments tours- no dinner but lite fare and drinks
http://www.potomacriverboatco.com/monuments-cruise.php or you can do dinner with

http://www.spiritcruises.com/washington-dc/pricing-schedules

- or you can go to Roosevelt island

have you been to Bethesda Blues and Jazz Club? I'm not sure who's performing this weekend but we're going to see Kenny Latimore next thursday. You could also check out the Howard theatre.

or if you feel comfortable you can check out a Cirque du Soleil. Kurios is playing in Tyson

Have fun!!!

What is it that you want to do but haven't done before? I'd start there. But here's some ideas:

- go play miniature golf: East Potomac Golf Course or my fav Topgolf in alexandria or

http://www.potomacriverboatco.com/monuments-cruise.php or you can do dinner with

have you been to Bethesda Blues and Jazz Club? I'm not sure who's performing this weekend but we're going to see Kenny Latimore next thursday. You could also check out the Howard theatre.

or if you feel comfortable you can check out a Cirque du Soleil. Kurios is playing in Tyson

Have fun!!!

Awesome suggestions!!! Now, I wish we had postponed our date to this wknd. We are suppose to hang out tonight. :cry3:Any suggestions for this eve around 9p?

Have fun!!!

Girl, thank you! :lol: I'm bout to send some stuff to SO :look: Cirque du soleil? shiiiiiiiiiiit.

@Chocoluxe I like DC Improv. Sometimes they have good comedians. A date took me there earlier this year when Don Papa (?) was playing. I didn't know who that was lol but he was funny!

Awesome suggestions!!! Now, I wish we had postponed our date to this wknd. We are suppose to hang out tonight. :cry3:Any suggestions for this eve around 9p?

POV or Graham hotel roof top. You can smoke at the graham and it's literally breathtaking at night. The staff is hit or miss, but it's a beautiful place to chill out with someone and enjoy their company. It isn't loud or overly crowned. One of my favorite places to enjoy a cigar.

You can do the Potomac cruise tonight and it's only $20. Comedy clubs are cool too, I don't know any nice ones on a Tuesday night tho.

Bowling is always fun, call pinstripes in gtown. They also have bocce and a restaurant.

I need to vent...

I can't stomach being single anymore. I'm seriously on the verge of becoming one of those miserable single people. It's been four years single and three years before my last relationship. That's 7 years single and 1 year coupled.

They say enjoy being single but I've done so much solo. I'm 30-- which I know is young, and I spent all of my 20s enjoying my single life. Went out of the country solo, did an East to West coast roadtrip solo, explored caves, went scuba diving, camped solo, moved 500 miles away from home solo... the list goes on. I wasn't thinking about men and now it's all I think about. I'm ready for romantic picnics on the beach and regular sex. I don't know why mutual attraction is so hard for me. Like most women, I have a fan club full of men I just don't want. When I do like someone, they are either taken or the feeling isn't mutual. I feel like I should just give up and settle for one of these dudes that keep blowing me up. Eventually I'll learn to love him.

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. :cry:

Aww, your post made me tear up. :bighug:I recently did an east to west coast road trip solo too. It was really awesome. It gave me a lot of time to clear my mind so to speak. I'm contemplating making a big move as well but just hoping the same issues don't follow me to a different location. It feels like everyone's (love) lives around me are progressing except for mine. Feel free to PM me!

Inner dialogue bare with me. So I'm ending it/pulling the plug/whatever you want to call it with this dude. He's not interested and is trying to string me along. I wanted to cry at first but then I realized thay I had nothing to cry about. I've been trying to make myself like him since I met him lol. And all the red flags that I saw and rationalized away, I was trying to feel sorry for myself when I had no reason to. This was SELF MADE. I was mad that I ignored the signs So I was ready to cut him out completely. But I slept on it. And I woke up in a better mood than I had been in for about a few weeks. So that was my wake-up call. And then I thought like @qchelle reminded me: could I make him a cut/cuddle buddy?

We have PHYSICAL chemistry. We just dont belong in a relationship. I'm not waiting for marriage and honestly I don't see someone being in my life for a long time. And if they're gonna judge me for it then they're not the one for me anyway.

BUT am I rewarding him by letting him not only sleep with me with no strings but also be the first? At the end of the day i would like to sleep with someone who actually cares if I live or die. And he disrespected my feelings constantly.

And from what I could feel he's small. Not that it matters because i have a small vajay-jay (can we say v a g i n a?) anyway but his small dack self is going around trying to play women lol.

So I dunno. I wanna get experience (sexually and other wise)but I think I'm fairytale-ing the whole virginity and relationships in general (like what I'm looking for in THIS day and age especially in the state/area that I live is like finding a leprechaun riding a unicorn while chewing on a four leaf clover. Ok maybe not that difficult). So why should I wait around for something that may never happen? "Oh but love is so wonderful and worth waiting for!" Yeah maybe.

Inner dialogue bare with me. So I'm ending it/pulling the plug/whatever you want to call it with this dude. He's not interested and is trying to string me along. I wanted to cry at first but then I realized thay I had nothing to cry about. I've been trying to make myself like him since I met him lol. And all the red flags that I saw and rationalized away, I was trying to feel sorry for myself when I had no reason to. This was SELF MADE. I was mad that I ignored the signs So I was ready to cut him out completely. But I slept on it. And I woke up in a better mood than I had been in for about a few weeks. So that was my wake-up call. And then I thought like @qchelle reminded me: could I make him a cut/cuddle buddy?

We have PHYSICAL chemistry. We just dont belong in a relationship. I'm not waiting for marriage and honestly I don't see someone being in my life for a long time. And if they're gonna judge me for it then they're not the one for me anyway.

BUT am I rewarding him by letting him not only sleep with me with no strings but also be the first? At the end of the day i would like to sleep with someone who actually cares if I live or die. And he disrespected my feelings constantly.

And from what I could feel he's small. Not that it matters because i have a small vajay-jay (can we say v a g i n a?) anyway but his small dack self is going around trying to play women lol.

So I dunno. I wanna get experience (sexually and other wise)but I think I'm fairytale-ing the whole virginity and relationships in general (like what I'm looking for in THIS day and age especially in the state/area that I live is like finding a leprechaun riding a unicorn while chewing on a four leaf clover. Ok maybe not that difficult). So why should I wait around for something that may never happen? "Oh but love is so wonderful and worth waiting for!" Yeah maybe.

I don't have much to add, but why wait this long to give it to someone who might be wack? I can't say if penis size makes a difference for you, but every penis has definitely felt different for me.

I do believe that virginities are special in some way. My advice is to set up your first time with someone who cares about you. You may very well feel emotional after your vcard is taken and you should at least be with someone who would hold you. Do you have any male friends you could get to help you? That's how I did it. My only regret was my age. I should've waited a couple more years.

I don't have much to add, but why wait this long to give it to someone who might be wack? I can't say if penis size makes a difference for you, but every penis has definitely felt different for me.

I do believe that virginities are special in some way. My advice is to set up your first time with someone who cares about you. You may very well feel emotional after your vcard is taken and you should at least be with someone who would hold you. Do you have any male friends you could get to help you? That's how I did it. My only regret was my age. I should've waited a couple more years.
Ahhh damn it! I HATE when y'all make sense! Y'all always think of that ONE thing that I didn't think of that makes me question everything lol.

I was rambling concerning his penis size. I highly doubt it matters virginity wise unless it's too small or too big. I could be wrong though. Very wrong.

No unfortunately. One is engaged. The other is married. And one might as well be gay (he's a virgin like me but he's too damn picky). I wish though. That would solve everything.

But I dunno. I'm start to really not care when/how I lose it. Like every birthday I say" OK. before I turn blah blah I will have sex." And the longer you wait the more likely you wont have sex.

Last edited:
Ahhh damn it! I HATE when y'all make sense! Y'all always think of that ONE thing that I didn't think of that makes me question everything lol.

I was rambling concerning his penis size. I highly doubt it matters virginity wise unless it's too small or too big. I could be wrong though. Very wrong.
No unfortunately. One is engaged. The other is married. And one might as well be gay (he's a virgin like me but he's too damn picky). I wish though. That would solve everything.

But I dunno. I'm start to really not care when/how I lose it. Like every birthday I say" OK. before I turn blah blah I will have sex." And the longer you wait the more likely you wont have sex.

If you truly have physical chemistry then go for it. Is he a nice guy, at least?

@qchelle @JFK @sj10460
I live here- The Harbor at night is beautiful- and I think it is a good idea to sop up the weather before winter comes!

POV or Graham hotel roof top. You can smoke at the graham and it's literally breathtaking at night. The staff is hit or miss, but it's a beautiful place to chill out with someone and enjoy their company. It isn't loud or overly crowned. One of my favorite places to enjoy a cigar.

You can do the Potomac cruise tonight and it's only $20. Comedy clubs are cool too, I don't know any nice ones on a Tuesday night tho.

Bowling is always fun, call pinstripes in gtown. They also have bocce and a restaurant.

Seems like we go to many of the same places - you have good taste! Lol. I'm going to see Kurios this weekend.

Sigh....another pest on my heels, why do I always get bug a boos?! This one is RELENTLESS too y'all, met him when I was 18 even before my first love, he's the one I pulled this stunt on

https://www.longhaircareforum.com/t...ttiest-thing-youve-done.786055/#post-22456529

But he will NOT take a hint. I guess I'm going to have to get mean, he just sent me a creepy voice message on Facebook telling me he had I dream about me that I would like & he thinks it'll happen one day. I wish I knew how to post it so y'all can hear, it's weird af.

:sekret:

do i'se know you?

let me know how you like Kurios. We're going to see it in Sept.

Hmmm, it's a small world. You never know.
giphy.gif

I hope Kurios is good. I've liked the other Cirque du Soleil shows I've seen.

@qchelle @JFK @sj10460

How was that date?!?!??!!!!??? I'm excited!!!!!! The anticipation is killing me! Get back here!!!!!! :lol:

We had a small 'fight'. A 'tiff', really. We both did something that caused something to not go as planned. My behavior wasn't the best :look: but it was better than it could have been :look: :) :yep: :lol: and he responded....not great. Understandably.

He took it upon himself to address it asap and omg he handled it like such a maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan :drool:

I told him I'd like him to get a few things to make my experience even more comfy at his home :) His house is fully furnished and wonderful...but it still looks like a single man lives there lol. Which is fine, but..yea lol. I asked him to get a coffee maker, too, so he can stop having to go out and get me coffee in the mornings :look: He refers to his house as "the house" :look: so, I'm like okay, cool :look: I would never refer to my house as "the house" to him, or anyone lmao. So, his wording is interesting to me.

He brought up a couple vacay spots for the fall/winter he'd looked in to. After I mentioned them to him. Glad he's listening lol.

Back