I'm about to book a solo dolo trip to NYC for August. Need to pick a play. Any recommendations?

Me and my friends should be buying our plane tickets for Atlanta soon. We're going for labor day weekend.

Ive been wanting to get a bkt or some type of semi permanent straightening treatment for a while now. I know there's a huetiful salon that does their straightening treatment in Atlanta. May get that while I'm down there. Anyone ever get a semi perm straightening?

So I saw him Monday and Tuesday. Monday is really chill but than he starts confessing his baggage to me and wants me to do the same. And I can't. He's talking about how okay, he can be patient but there's something about me that's different. I'm not trying to be mysterious. He likes my calm and soothing demeanor, he needs that. He's also talking about meeting each other's children and how if we do that, we should be in each other's lives forever so he won't rush that. I just keep telling him it's only been a month; he says six weeks. We start counting from different times.

Tuesday we go to his place to watch AHS; he's never seen it and I love that show so I wanted him to watch it. He starts rubbing on my inner thigh. He told me that's one of my spots. I never have noticed that before, but he was right so now I'm going crazy. We start kissing, he starts kissing everywhere else. I don't plan on having sex tonight so I'm saying "Please". He says "I am pleasing you" Lmao! Oh, please. Is that from a romance novel? But when he started to try to go down, I really stopped him and we start talking. We talked more about me opening up again. I will say his patience is his best quality. But I'm mad that I can't just enjoy this because of all the **** my ex did to me.

I'm about to book a solo dolo trip to NYC for August. Need to pick a play. Any recommendations?

Me and my friends should be buying our plane tickets for Atlanta soon. We're going for labor day weekend.

Ive been wanting to get a bkt or some type of semi permanent straightening treatment for a while now. I know there's a huetiful salon that does their straightening treatment in Atlanta. May get that while I'm down there. Anyone ever get a semi perm straightening?

I did the BKT treatment a year or more ago. The first two times were magical. My hair didn't frizz or puff up no matter how humid it was outside. One day I was with my ex at a restaurant and we were eating in the patio area. There was some mist and it started lightly drizzling. This is where my hair would usually go from silky straight to an ever expanding halo that only an emergency bun could save. My hair stayed perfectly straight and beautiful the entire time - I was shocked.

My hair is an unfortunate combination of 4a, 3c and 3b (people with a uniform texture don't know how lucky they are). My friend who is also on this site thinks I'm just a very dry 3b/3c. I thought my hair could handle the BKT treatments as long as I stretched them out and used a lower heat setting when flat ironing. Nope!

My hair fully reverted after the first two treatments. I shampoo and deep condition pretty frequently and I didn't use any special products to extend the life of the treatments, so they lasted a little over two months for me before my curl pattern fully returned. The third time was when the condition of my hair noticeably changed. My curl pattern did not fully return and the 3b sections had just a very slight wave from then on. My tighter sections had more reversion and looked close to normal. The difference between the hair types was more pronounced after the third treatment and I cut off a-lot of hair since then. I recently cut to collar bone length and probably have two more inches to cut off before all the damage is gone.

It's like transitioning from a relaxer all over again. I wouldn't recommend trying BKT unless you don't mind having fewer styling options and wear your hair straight 100% of the time.

I did the BKT treatment a year or more ago. The first two times were magical. My hair didn't frizz or puff up no matter how humid it was outside. One day I was with my ex at a restaurant and we were eating in the patio area. There was some mist and it started lightly drizzling. This is where my hair would usually go from silky straight to an ever expanding halo that only an emergency bun could save. My hair stayed perfectly straight and beautiful the entire time - I was shocked.

My hair is an unfortunate combination of 4a, 3c and 3b (people with a uniform texture don't know how lucky they are). My friend who is also on this site thinks I'm just a very dry 3b/3c. I thought my hair could handle the BKT treatments as long as I stretched them out and used a lower heat setting when flat ironing. Nope!

My hair fully reverted after the first two treatments. I shampoo and deep condition pretty frequently and I didn't use any special products to extend the life of the treatments, so they lasted a little over two months for me before my curl pattern fully returned. The third time was when the condition of my hair noticeably changed. My curl pattern did not fully return and the 3b sections had just a very slight wave from then on. My tighter sections had more reversion and looked close to normal. The difference between the hair types was more pronounced after the third treatment and I cut off a-lot of hair since then. I recently cut to collar bone length and probably have two more inches to cut off before all the damage is gone.

It's like transitioning from a relaxer all over again. I wouldn't recommend trying BKT unless you don't mind having fewer styling options and wear your hair straight 100% of the time.

My stylist told me this. I thought she was saying it because she didn't feel like doing the treatment.

At this point, it's not a risk I'm willing to take. My afro is my summer staple.

Oh. Shoot. Nevermind on the bkt then lol.

Thanks for the information!

I just want to wear my hair mostly straight in the fall and winter without suffering heat damage or getting a weave. I may be asking for too much lol

My stylist told me this. I thought she was saying it because she didn't feel like doing the treatment.

At this point, it's not a risk I'm willing to take. My afro is my summer staple.

Good decision. I read that the 3rd time is when all the damage starts to show, but most of these comments were from women with a much looser texture than mine so I thought I'd be alright.

I'm telling you, it hurt my feelings to start all over again. Especially since my hair was getting pretty long.

Meetup/date went well. Going out again on Sunday to a movie. Nooooo. He's my height if not a bit shorter a year younger and Mexican. Once again green card? And he called me a friend. WHY?!

Know what? Not even gonna trip. Its still early and he hasn't done anything wrong yet. But man I am looking high and low for those red flags.

Last edited:
Come through, Leo! With the open and honest tea about feelings and shidddd. You about to get chose lol.

He is so self aware and his confidence is inspiring, without being arrogant. Why not the sacred bovine and king?

Lol with the Shakespeare.

Meetup/date went well. Going out again on Sunday to a movie. Nooooo. He's my height if not a bit shorter a year younger and Mexican. Once again green card? And he called me a friend. WHY?!

Know what? Not even gonna trip. Its still early and he hasn't done anything wrong yet. But man I am looking high and low for those red flags.

Ime the thing about red flags is that they are apparent. If you go looking for them, you will find them.

Good decision. I read that the 3rd time is when all the damage starts to show, but most of these comments were from women with a much looser texture than mine so I thought I'd be alright.

I'm telling you, it hurt my feelings to start all over again. Especially since my hair was getting pretty long.
Oh girl i feel you. *big hug* My hair was about 2 inches away from MBL. And I stupidly decided to go to a hair dresser for the first time since my BC. She heat damaged my hair. Like a big chunk of my ends were STRAIGHT for a good inch. And my curl pattern is all flucked up. Wont even curl right with 2 strand twists. It straightens better but MY CURLS. *cries*

I think that just might be how he talks. I'm around a lot of latino people (men) as work and they just call strangers friend.

feels like foreva since I been in here.

Well, I've been doing a lot of coloring.
I go back to school in less than a month.
Today was the last day off I know that I'll have.
I'm totally over all those guys that didn't work out.
I won't lie and say I don't think about shooting a text
Here or there
But my heart is no longer burdened.

I have to put my business ventures on hold due to lack of funds.
It sucks but it's not the end. When I have some savings It will happen
But for now I just need to focus on my degree and get the hayleup outa
Here.

Well, I've been doing a lot of coloring.
Here or there

Here.

Meaning you've been having a lot of sex? Meaning you had sex for the first time? Lol well how was it?

Well,
Here or there

Here.
Wait. What?!:eek:

Meaning you've been having a lot of sex? Meaning you had sex for the first time? Lol well how was it?

Wait. What?!:eek:
Yes y'all lmao baby girl is no longer in possession of a v card. It was the 19th of July. In my home. With dude from around the way. I think I mentioned him here before, Brad? I bled but that didn't last long. It was pretty great. Only think is I didn't cum. He came like 3 times I think. I'm glad it was with him because I've known him since 7th grade so I was very comfortable with him. He's very sweet. After that we started coloring basically every other day, including today. We didn't use condoms the first 3 or 4 times and that bothered me so I bought some bc he plays too much. He thinks the pull out method is sufficient :/ but I'm like I don't think this is a good idea to go raw all the time. I actually was so concerned that I took plan b pills 2x ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT PLAN B DOESNT WORK IF YOURE THICK!!WHY DONT THEY PUT THAT ON THE BLASTED PACK!?! so I'm basically waiting on my period which should come between the 5th and the 10th of August. I know I'm crazy for raw dogging on my first time and subsequent times there after but hey, I corrected it. Just hope I'm not too late.
He was a virgin too so I'm not concerned about diseases.

It feels really nice. Really really nice.

Yes y'all lmao baby girl is no longer in possession of a v card. It was the 19th of July. In my home. With dude from around the way. I think I mentioned him here before, Brad? I bled but that didn't last long. It was pretty great. Only think is I didn't cum. He came like 3 times I think. I'm glad it was with him because I've known him since 7th grade so I was very comfortable with him. He's very sweet. After that we started coloring basically every other day, including today. We didn't use condoms the first 3 or 4 times and that bothered me so I bought some bc he plays too much. He thinks the pull out method is sufficient :/ but I'm like I don't think this is a good idea to go raw all the time. I actually was so concerned that I took plan b pills 2x ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT PLAN B DOESNT WORK IF YOURE THICK!!WHY DONT THEY PUT THAT ON THE BLASTED PACK!?! so I'm basically waiting on my period which should come between the 5th and the 10th of August. I know I'm crazy for raw dogging on my first time and subsequent times there after but hey, I corrected it. Just hope I'm not too late.
He was a virgin too so I'm not concerned about diseases.

It feels really nice. Really really nice.
Once you start having it, you ALWAYS gotta have it :lachen::lachen:I'm glad it wasn't terrible for you.

Back