Something weird just happened. A man called me on my personal cell (after searching my information online).. just to tell me he sent me a FB friend request on Friday and was waiting for me to accept.

I only picked up the call bc the # called me 3xs back to back, so I thought it was someone I knew or something important.

He proceeds to tell me he's sorry if this is kind of weird, but that he found my information online and to please check and accept his FB friend request and that he would like to get to know me and be friends.

Chile.

Our phone call was brief, but I was legit concerned. That was a 1st. I'm use to the random one off unsolicited IG/ FB phone calls..

He sounded like a 1st gen American and mentioned his Indian background and asks me if I'm East African or Nigerian.. I didn't answer any of his questions, but I was still kind, bc men can be unhinged/he could be a serial killer lol
I watch scammer
baiter videos and
a scam is what
that sounds like.
Romance scams.

Such weirdos.

I watch scammer
baiter videos and
a scam is what
that sounds like.
Romance scams.

Such weirdos.

This guy is hilarious (and smart)!

It is scary that scammers are really able to trick unknowing people.

I watched this one on cloning voices (below).. all they need is 10-15 seconds of your voice and can possibly clone it.
10-30 minutes is ideal.

**This is probably what the caller was trying to do to me.**

Think about all the people that go "back and forth" on calls with scammers.. (my parents argue with them etc). They are trying to get voice samples. :(

Last edited:
This guy is hilarious (and smart)!

It is scary that scammers are really able to trick unknowing people.

I watched this one on cloning voices (below).. all they need is 10-15 seconds of your voice and can possibly clone it.
10-30 minutes is ideal.

**This is probably what the caller was trying to do to me.**

Think about all the people that go "back and forth" on calls with scammers.. (my parents argue with them etc). They are trying to get voice samples. :(

It is scary.
I don't answer
numbers I don't
know whether it
is a call
or a text.

Even when I
was looking for
work, I figured
they would leave
a message if it
was legit. If
no message is
left, I Google
the number. If
it means nothing
to me... BLOCK.

Check this out:

fall semester is starting in just a few short days. I'm a lil nervous about it tbh.

smh I won't have any time for recreational reading until december :cry:
yall know my TBR pile bout to be long as hell

fall semester is starting in just a few short days. I'm a lil nervous about it tbh.

smh I won't have any time for recreational reading until december :cry:
yall know my TBR pile bout to be long as hell
Can you do
Audible? Being able
to "read" while
you commute to
work or school
by listening worked
like a charm
for me when
I had school
or work keeping
me from curling
up with a
good book. :poke"

I was sad because my phone screen stopped responding. The warranty expired and I don’t have enough money to go the shop and fix it. They wanted over $120 to replace the screen. It was pretty much useless.

It was a bad purchase because it was an impulse buy and I feel like I could’ve gotten a more recent iphone at a better price. I wanted to wait but I needed it for a car rental I had placed to take my mother out for Mother’s Day.

I watched a few YouTube videos and bought a screen replacement from Amazon. I was able to change the screen and back glass for around $35. The shop wanted to charge me $180.

I was so happy I was able to fix it, I bought myself a privacy screen to celebrate.

I want an Apple Watch to track my steps and sleep habits. I might buy a broken one and fix it myself.

I was sad because my phone screen stopped responding. The warranty expired and I don’t have enough money to go the shop and fix it. They wanted over $120 to replace the screen. It was pretty much useless.

It was a bad purchase because it was an impulse buy and I feel like I could’ve gotten a more recent iphone at a better price. I wanted to wait but I needed it for a car rental I had placed to take my mother out for Mother’s Day.

I watched a few YouTube videos and bought a screen replacement from Amazon. I was able to change the screen and back glass for around $35. The shop wanted to charge me $180.

I was so happy I was able to fix it, I bought myself a privacy screen to celebrate.

I want an Apple Watch to track my steps and sleep habits. I might buy a broken one and fix it myself.
@GraceJones I had to drop the class smh. I didn't want to but my payment never processed which is strange. It's fine, I can save up and try again in the spring. I'll still finish the prereqs though, just a semester later than i'd planned

I love declining sub-par experiences before they even start.

That's self love ♡ and self care.

Below was a recommendation from one of my (happily married) male friends yesterday. We are like family. . But he clearly does not know me, after sending such a suggestion, and thinking it was appropriate.

FIRST OF ALL (lol) I am nobody's rebound, and all my friends know I am not interested in making new friends with single males ... or converting possible dates into clients. Bad business.

Men are weird lol. His wife would never have approved this pairing for anyone she had high regards for.

My friend called me after me shutting it down.. and I asked him would he ever set his sister or one of his daughters up with someone like this?

I am single by choice, not desperate for any man to come and frustrate my life.

Screenshot_20240902_011910_WhatsApp.jpgScreenshot_20240902_011928_WhatsApp.jpgScreenshot_20240902_012001_WhatsApp.jpgScreenshot_20240902_012030_WhatsApp.jpgScreenshot_20240902_012110_WhatsApp.jpgScreenshot_20240902_012134_WhatsApp.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you.

He said I was judging the guy without getting to know him, and that his sister would not be his friends type.. :/
He was hoping you will be swayed by his properties and looks. :rolleyes:

Good for you shutting :censored: down before it began. No time wasted. And your peace is protected.

It is very empowering not to pressed for a man. :strong:

In the same vein, my mother gave my number to a guy even after I said I wasn’t interested in talking to anyone :rolleyes:. All I knew was his age (55), widowed and with a son (30). And his pic on WhatsApp shows he wasn’t a troll. :lol: I saw “Yoruba demon” when I saw the pic.

He reached out a few weeks ago via text to chat on the phone on a particular day. I hate talking on the phone plus I wasn’t free that day. Which I replied back to say I wasn’t available. Guess that is respectable of him to attempt to set up a time to chat. Then I replied back saying texting is fine. He replied back like 3 days later to ask about my day :rolleyes:. I replied back like an hour later. Then he responded 5 days later asking the same thing. I didn’t reply and have ignored since. :rolleyes: Not wasting my time, energy, and peace on someone who can barely communicate. He probably used to putting in little effort and the women come flocking. He got the wrong one! And probably looking for a caretaker at his age. :nono:

And my mother is the last one I would be getting dating recommendations from after seeing her husband choice. :look:

Yay for boundaries! And not being pressed.

One of my besties lives out of state. She just texted a pic of her hanging out at a bar having drinks with friends.

I told her to have fun and be safe. As for me, I'm sitting under the dryer doing a dc. I'll pick a movie to watch as I'm airdrying. Maybe have a glass of wine. On my couch. Alone. Living my best life! :lachen:

Back