y'all!!!!
Thursday was my first day back in the gym. My goal is to go 3x/week. I want to Target my upper body, my lower body and my core/abs.

I downloaded the planet fitness app and I also do at-home workouts. I actually just got done with a beginner standing core workout that tbh, wore me out as a fitness newbie.

Where I live, they have this thing called free fitness in the parks, so all summer long there's free fitness classes like zumba, yoga, pilates, ect. which I will also be taking part in.

I want to enjoy the nice summer weather, but i'm also focusing on getting fit.

Tim Mcgraw Concert tonight! It's gonna be litttt :band:

I so love the freshness and light of your post @CoiledOrchids! You’re just a blooming orchid.
thank you @Plushottie. I love me some good country music. Blake Shelton is my guy. I went to my first concert last year and saw him live and it was amazing.

I know Tim Mcgraw won't disappoint.

I try to stay within budget when I go to concerts. I'm not trying to go broke to have a good time.

I wanna try country line dancing soon!

thank you @Plushottie. I love me some good country music. Blake Shelton is my guy. I went to my first concert last year and saw him live and it was amazing.

I know Tim Mcgraw won't disappoint.

I try to stay within budget when I go to concerts. I'm not trying to go broke to have a good time.

I wanna try country line dancing soon!
You don’t have to go broke if planned well. I wish I liked people enough or outside enough to do these summer fun things but I always love seeing babes enjoy their lives. Your going to be a psychiatric np with all the love in the world.

has it messed with your hormones ? @lavaflow99

Any side effects ? Which one do you have ?
I don't feel it has messed with my hormones. I got it toward the end of the situationship I was in and had no issues with performance. :look:

I do feel it has lower my libido which isn't a bad thing in my opinion being single right now. But I feel with the right person (or vibrator) there will or has been no issue

No side effects for me. I know some people still have a period with it. The first year I did have spotting monthly then I had spotting like every 3-4 months but now nothing. I've had it since October 2020.

I got Mirena.

Oh I used to have horrible menstrual cramps. Nothing now. The best things I Iike about my IUD is no pregnancy scares (when I was active), no period and no cramps.

Menstruation is for the birds.

You don’t have to go broke if planned well. I wish I liked people enough or outside enough to do these summer fun things but I always love seeing babes enjoy their lives. Your going to be a psychiatric np with all the love in the world.
yes. I always plan ahead. I like to keep a simple schedule and leave weekends
free to just chill.

yes absolutely psych np in the making!

I don't love the insects that are outside but I love a morning walk on a nice summer day.

Being indefinitely single for me recently has ignited a curiosity of experimenting with beauty. Last year in my sacred femininity course the purification process was hard because you have to really examine you and acknowledge your true essence vs the facade. Being outwardly and energetically feminine in this society can leave you open to brute force remarks. To really own that I actually enjoy partaking in aesthetics is really deep. Being single allows me to try things without input. I can’t wait to try some new hair in pink just because I enjoy change. If a guy does come along at least it’s while I’m not cosplaying the demure when I prefer the vixen.

I had a great time at the concert last night!
looking forward to everything that summer will bring :afro:
This is your fun and I love this.
giphy.gif

Ok so this may get deleted but needed to write. I’m about to send a I can’t have you in my life text to my bio father. I cut all family in 2017 and he popped back up this December. I was going to fly to cali and visit when he asked to see me but when I was searching flights I couldn’t shake being aggravated and had to ask self why is this hard aside things being expensive and it was bc I did not want to go. Not having fam was hard at first but now I feel nothing and that’s because I’m not like most I didn’t grow up with fond family memories the memories I have cost me a lot of money aka therapy and left me damaged to enjoying life.
I know culturally Black people will ignore such as you only get one fill in the blank but if your not valued nor loved people don’t get to keep harming or draining you.
It took yrs to accept I was not loved nor lovable nor deserving despite all I tried.
I just needed to process and share maybe it helps a lurker.

I felt like I was on an interview.

I can’t wait until my summer fling returns to town. I don’t want that old tire to keep laying around. Beautiful to look at but keeps trying to measure me up.

Do you go to the gym? When I feel like it….

-_-

This guy tried to fight me in Target. He tried to skip me in line but I wouldn't let him. He instantly starts going off on me and threatens to smack me. Then he told me the reason why no man would ever want to be with me and breed me is because I'm ugly and I look like a man. I asked him if that's the way he talks to women and he said I'm not a woman, I'm a man so I deserve to get beat like a man.

I know this man is garbage, but I can't lie. It stung deep down and when I went home I cried.

I struggle because I feel as though everything I experienced in dating was so forced. I was well into my late twenties when I finally lost my virginity. If I hadn't hooked up with that one guy from OKC, I'd probably still be a virgin. He was really awful to me. I didn't date for two more years and the next guy led me on and treated me a little bit better - but didn't want anything serious with me. I still cry over the way I was broken up with because he was so callous. It still hurts. I understand if he didn't want to date me anymore, but why be mean to others?

I'm trying to redefine how I pictured my life because I don't think men or children will ever be included in that.

What do I do to bring happiness and joy? I want to go to more events to meet people (for ex. Junior League), but I'm strapped for cash. On the weekends, the new thing I try to do is invite ladies one-on-one for coffee. Therefore I don't have to buy anything or spend more. When I'm hanging out with people for coffee I feel stuck. What do I talk to them about? I try to ask them where they are from, what they do for a living, and what they do for fun. Then I get stuck in my head and feel like I'm boring them.

Also, sometimes when I go to Junior League activities I try to talk to people but get stuck in my head. I feel like I'm bothering them or will say something stupid.

I feel like I’m a nice, decent person. So why can’t I make friends? I only have one friend at the moment.
Am I that sucky to be around?

She says I care too much about what people think about me.

Right now I’m trying to learn Spanish.

I feel like I’m a kind person with more to offer than just my looks. I wish guys would see me and look past that. The last guy I dated was not perfect. I felt like I made a lot of accommodations to try to make it work somehow. I wasn’t pleased with him in so many different ways, all for him to tell me that he thought I only had casual relationships and scold me for never texting him. I never threw his misgivings in his face. If I could look past those things in him, why couldn’t he look past whatever problems he thought I had? I guess he had more options than I did.

And the guy I hooked up with before him treated me even worse. I wish I could get these thoughts out. Maybe I should go back to the doctor’s. Or maybe it’s because I’m on my cycle.

I adore you so much @Bette Davis Eyes.

I hope all ladies here are being loved well even if it’s only by you. May be writing this for me
@Plushottie I totally agree with your point about not having to keep dealing with people that keep hurting you. I had to learn that the hard way last year when I lost my grandma. Some stuff was said to me that was so hurtful and I had to kinda disown my aunt. I decided to not deal with her if she doesn't apologize or actively change her ways.

@GraceJones I can relate to what you're saying. I struggle with making friends too. I feel it's hard to find like-minded people open to meeting and making friends. I kinda gave up on dating. I don't think I'm ready emotionally for that. I don't wanna be open like that and get my heart broken again. I have the worst luck.

@CoiledOrchids your wise beyond your years. I believe people have to put boundaries and if folks no matter who doesn’t flow we must correct or deny access. It’s taken a lot of time and money on fixing me. No one cares either your expected to be solid or your tossed aside in society. So many yrs even now that I have had to invest effort in correcting trauma.
Family is often the most deadly bc family. In my christian days one sermon noted Satan gets closest by the use of family bc of the programming ie oh well that’s just aunt Hattie but truly if she wasn’t aunt you would be direct that she is out of pocket. I see memes of folks passively getting back like oh aunt Hattie tried to talk about my wig or weight but I asked her about where her hair is? Like it’s so much.

Making friends in this era is funny. Some say do xyz but let’s be honest most aren’t open. They pose and posture. I joined jr league and after the orientation I was like not my people. I’m allergic to fraud and it’s like I do it for work too much I’m not doing it for free.

@CoiledOrchids your wise beyond your years. I believe people have to put boundaries and if folks no matter who doesn’t flow we must correct or deny access. It’s taken a lot of time and money on fixing me. No one cares either your expected to be solid or your tossed aside in society. So many yrs even now that I have had to invest effort in correcting trauma.
Family is often the most deadly bc family. In my christian days one sermon noted Satan gets closest by the use of family bc of the programming ie oh well that’s just aunt Hattie but truly if she wasn’t aunt you would be direct that she is out of pocket. I see memes of folks passively getting back like oh aunt Hattie tried to talk about my wig or weight but I asked her about where her hair is? Like it’s so much.

Making friends in this era is funny. Some say do xyz but let’s be honest most aren’t open. They pose and posture. I joined jr league and after the orientation I was like not my people. I’m allergic to fraud and it’s like I do it for work too much I’m not doing it for free.
@Plushottie yes. Since I've entered my 30s I realize now I have to put boundaries up. Some family members think it's OK to just disrespect me then when I tell them off I'm in the wrong.

I try to just numb it out as best as I can. So i go to work and just do my job. I don't feel comfortable being emotional

Last edited:
I’ve made my family. Blood is simply blood if there is no mutual respect or love. You have one time to show me , you don’t care about me like I care about you and then I act accordingly.

I speak on the regular to one cousin out of many. I’m okay with that.

SMH. Disappointing the era and times we live in. I wonder if it’s primarily the US that’s the issue.

God willing by the time my youngest son is out the house in college or working I want to leave.

if anything aligns with us leaving the country in the next 5 years I’m going be open to it.

Back