I was at the school picking up my son and his friends. I was cleaning the back seat out , minding my business. I get back in the front seat to wait and a man walks by my door before he attempted to walk into the Administration building. He’s reasonably handsome. Look around mid30s-40. We make eye contact and he hesitates. Then he walks close to my door.

I roll the window down and say yes?

Him: I just wanted to say , you are so beautiful. I darn near crashed my car pulling over.
Me: Thank you. :blush2:
Him: Look at the band on my ring finger. Are you married?
Me: No, but I’m in a relationship.
Him: Would you mind taking my number? Maybe , we could be friends. Friends can last a long time. Possibly longer than a relationship can
Me: No, thank you :blush2:
Him : Well, I just wanted to say you’re absolutely beautiful. You sure I can’t give you my number ?
Me: No, thank you. Have a good day.

He walks into the building and I just smile to myself. I get out the car later on with a little bounce in my step. Sometimes male appreciation is nice. I raised my eye at the friend’s comment but he was respectful and didn’t lean into the car. Politely walked away and said Have a good day.

yall. I'm on IG now and I don't know what to put as my first post.

I hate taking pics of myself but i'm ok with pics of random stuff. I'm trying to figure out a good first post.

yall. I'm on IG now and I don't know what to put as my first post.

I hate taking pics of myself but i'm ok with pics of random stuff. I'm trying to figure out a good first post.
Don't over think it. Just post a pretty picture and a cute caption. It doesn't have to be a photo of you if you don't want to do that (yet).

As you get comfy def post pics of yourself, or you and friends or you out at a fun/ cute place.

I didn't join IG until 2014 (later joiner) and only joined bc my sister was getting married (destination wedding) and she wanted us to use her hashtag so she could save the pics.. My next post was not until 2017.. THREE YEARS LATER..LOL.

I use stories more than posts. But just don't put too much thought into it.. unless you are looking to become a social media influencer or content creator. With that route, I'm sure there are formulas to successfully grow your target audience etc.

Last edited:
Ok!! Lol It reminds me of a meme I saw a while back that's been etched in my mind ever since the day I saw it:

"If you think she looks materialistic, why approach her with no materials?"

For real!! Lol

Too funny! This lady on IG posted this today!

Too funny! This lady on IG posted this today!

Exactly. Just stay in your lane @yaya24

This really random I guess I’m having a moment of weirdness. I desire a relationship. I may come to my senses and override human stuff because it’s odd.

This really random I guess I’m having a moment of weirdness. I desire a relationship. I may come to my senses and override human stuff because it’s odd.

It's not odd! Mutual relationships are beautiful. They flourish & bloom when they are watered and nourished.

We just have to know when to prune and cut the dead stuff off. That's the uncomfortable part right.

It's not odd! Mutual relationships are beautiful. They flourish & bloom when they are watered and nourished.

We just have to know when to prune and cut the dead stuff off. That's the uncomfortable part right.
You are right but I so feel that’s human stuff lol and I’m like a Martian. I don’t even know where to begin to search and I don’t mean chasing because gross. But I’m going to need to sit with self because I’m not a city girl I enjoy solitude and going out has never been enjoyable because money but I know the game lol. But I had to share this with folks. Being single 17 yrs really does something.
giphy.gif

Back