WHO’s working definition of self-care is :

“The ability of individuals, families and communities to promote health, prevent disease, maintain health, and cope with illness and disability with or without the support of a health-care provider”. 1
Self-care is the practice of individuals looking after their own health using the knowledge and information available to them. It is a decision-making process that empowers individuals to look after their own health efficiently and conveniently, in collaboration with health and social care professionals as needed.

Self-care involves:​

• Making healthy lifestyle choices - being physically active and eating healthily
  • Avoiding unhealthy lifestyle habits – avoiding smoking and excessive alcohol consumption
  • Making responsible use of prescription and non-prescription medicines
  • Self-recognition of symptoms - assessing and addressing symptoms, in partnership with a healthcare professional where necessary
  • Self-monitoring - checking for signs of deterioration or improvement
  • Self-management - managing symptoms of disease, either alone, in partnership with healthcare professionals, or alongside other people with the same health condition

Self care is for YOU. Doing things that make you feel good. May even be viewed as selfish to others if you are spending your time in the gym instead of spending time with others or spending money on massages or trips which have people questioning your finances. Who cares! If it make you feel happy, relaxed, centered and at peace, do you.

Some people like putting on a full face and a nice dress just to go grocery shopping. Not to attract someone at the grocery store but because it makes them feel good. They are embracing their femininity.

Maybe TMI but I have been getting Brazilians for years. No one outside of my esthetician has seen my hoo-ha in like the past 4 years as I am on a self-imposed dating break. :giggle: I do them because I like how it looks and feels. Not doing them to get a man nor to prep myself for any man anytime soon. :look:

Another article about self-care:

"Self-care is the practice of taking care of physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects of your life to promote health and wellness.

While many people may view self-care as a form of selfish indulgence, the act of caring for oneself is an important part of a person's overall well-being."

I don’t like feeling like this. I’m depressed. Sitting in front of a park. I can hear the 90s music now. All I need is for it to start raining.

The VA put me in their weight loss program again but it sucks. @lavaflow99

imma have to up my exercise and water. My Period is messing with me so I’m all over the place.

giphy.gif

Yeah. I’m a medium up top and a XL at the bottom. If I could get my thighs to a Large/12/14 and this bottom stomach tight I’d be okay.

@Plushottie depending on who makes pants I have to go up to a 16 because I don’t like tight tight but then the back gaps because my waist is a 34 but my hips a 52.

I bought a dress for new years that I couldn’t wear even with shapewear in my eyes because the lower stomach.

I know God loves me but he could do his big one with a little razzle dazzle and drop a million so I can get a tummy tuck. Lolol

Last edited:
Yeah. I’m a medium up top and a XL at the bottom. If I could get my thighs to a Large/12/14 and this bottom stomach tight I’d be okay.

@Plushottie depending on who makes pants I have to go up to a 16 because I don’t like tight tight but then the back gaps because my waist is a 34 but my hips a 52.

I bought a dress for new years that I couldn’t wear even with shapewear in my eyes because the lower stomach.

I know God loves me but he could do his big one with a little razzle dazzle and drop a million so I can get a tummy tuck. Lolol
You have a
beautiful body.

Have you tried
pants from Fashion Nova?

I know you
get what you
pay for with
most things so
I usually sort
by price high
to low and
choose from the
first listings.
Their clothes are
made for curvy
women with small
waists so fit
like a glove.
with no gapping.

Screenshot_20240330_140941.jpg

I haven’t bought jeans from there. Always looked a little sketchy with the models @PatDM'T

thank you for the compliment :2inlove:
I need belts
for all my
jeans but the
only pair of jeans
that I don't
need a belt
for is from there.

I usually pick
from jeans costing
over $40 then
use their discounts.

One thing I love
about their site
is they show
the clothes in
different size models
so you can
have a better
idea of how
they might look
on you depending
on your size.

Girl when my weight goes up, I get called not so nice names.. lol Shortbody, Lil Big Booty, Shorty Bop, T-Rex Legs, Lil Thick’ems etc.. But it’s all good!
Ok so I need to be notified if this happens I have rage to spare and will help them see the light. Pears are so cute to me it just says woman. All are cute but pear is just boom.

Things are almost looking up for me. I found a new job. I really want to open up and meet friends but it’s hard for me.

I want to meet a guy but I don’t think I have the capacity or the bandwidth. I don’t know when I will. It’s so hard to be hopeful in this. How do you meet people to date? Anyway, I’ll let it go.

I spoke to Friend B about the fall out I had with Friend A I spoke about previously. I purposely did not mention the names of my friend when I told my story and Friend B mentioned Friend A and told me she had the same exact experience with her. That made me feel a little bit better that it wasn’t just me.

I want to open up and meet friends but it’s so hard. I really want to work on my mental health and be more positive. Idk how to meet new people. I tried meet up groups for years since I met college and I always find myself in drama. I never really make any real connections. Just people I hang out with. I feel like people go to meetups to date and compete for guys attention. Where else do you meet friends?

I’m in junior league but I haven’t made friends with anyone yet. I asked one girl for coffee, so I’ll see how that goes. When I’m in group settings with the ladies it’s really hard to talk and open up. I’m better in small spaces. I want to but I’m so afraid to get hurt again. I’ve been hurt by a lot of people these past two years. I feel so fragile, like I can’t take another disappointment. It’s given me a lack of faith in people.

Back