@Plushottie
I have this on in the background and this hits home to my initial post: right at the 1:14:00 mark. It’s a good episode by the way.

It’s sad but so true. I’m hecka aware so it’s like the thought of giving a man money would be a immediate no. But the sad part is ppl will come for ppl who desire love. I have wanted that for 37 yrs but no better as ppl will hunt.

@Plushottie

I have nothing to say (yet) about your other post, but since I started following your comments here, all I see is a glow-up. In my mind's eye you are a currently a baddie who doesn't know it yet. I am soooo looking forward to hearing more about the excitement in your life...the new man, the fitness, the fine-ness, and all the other cool stuff you didn't think you'd experience that you'll be posting about here.

Anyway, just letting you know you have a fan.

@Plushottie
:bighug:

I’ve been there. I’m telling you, all you need is a really good therapist(key word good) who can validate your dreams, whatever they may be. There is immense power in being validated.

For the record, mine is adamant that most good therapists don’t accept insurance, because they don’t need to,they’re that good. From previous experiences, I personally think there’s truth to that :look: so take from that what you will.

@Plushottie

I have nothing to say (yet) about your other post, but since I started following your comments here, all I see is a glow-up. In my mind's eye you are a currently a baddie who doesn't know it yet. I am soooo looking forward to hearing more about the excitement in your life...the new man, the fitness, the fine-ness, and all the other cool stuff you didn't think you'd experience that you'll be posting about here.

Anyway, just letting you know you have a fan.
I’m speechless it’s always funny to see. Thank you!

@Plushottie
:bighug:

I’ve been there. I’m telling you, all you need is a really good therapist(key word good) who can validate your dreams, whatever they may be. There is immense power in being validated.

For the record, mine is adamant that most good therapists don’t accept insurance, because they don’t need to,they’re that good. From previous experiences, I personally think there’s truth to that :look: so take from that what you will.
As someone working on the path to become one I would agree sadly. The great thing having had good therapy some things are a inside job. I know my dreams are very valid one doesn’t conceive them if not possible but the time to manifest them that is the area.

decluttering my stuff has really been helping me. I can start to focus more. I got rid of more stuff and ended up with 4.5 bags of trash. I'm only putting what I plan on keeping in my storage unit.

in other news, I've applied for a few civil service jobs and a state job in behavioral health. I want to be able to increase my income and save more as I'm now back in school part-time. I have to take 6 more classes before applying to nursing school.

I'm also looking for a dermatologist so I'm gonna call them back in the morning when the office opens and see if I can apply online as a new patient. I want pretty, clear skin.

I try to keep things simple in the meantime by getting enough rest and eating healthy meals. I'm starting to work out too

I'm loving my locs. I'm approaching 7 months and I'm loving my new simple hair routine.

update:
I applied for a paid nurse aide trainee position since I want to work in healthcare. I applied and attached my resume and cover letter. I just heard from the recruiter who said the next class starts in october. If i get this job, I can potentially have earlier work hours which will help me finish up my remaining science prereqs. I'm hoping I get the job. Y'all, please say some extra prayers for me!!!!!

I'm really glad i'm single. Sure it gets lonely sometimes but I enjoy solitude. I like going on little solo dates and treating myself.

I'm really trying to get out of my sob stories but dating is one of the most difficult things I've ever done in my life. I've tried so many things to improve my dating life. I go to therapy 1x a week (although I do that for myself, not necessarily a partner) to raise my self-esteem, tried dating coaches, and dating books, and gained advice from friends. I lost weight, improved my style, hair, make-up, my social and conversational skills, and created an active social life (I go out at least 3 or 4x a week). I go to a lot of networking events involving my profession. My industry is male-dominated, especially within my particular field. I also go to meetups for single people. I go to meet-ups geared for single people too. Every time I go in public I try to look my best.

I rarely even get approached. On dating profiles, I rarely get messages as well. Usually, it's just guys asking for hookups. If a guy does ask for a date, typically he flakes or doesn't show up. I tried to open up past the type of guy that I'm attracted to but I'm not having luck there either. Sometimes I've had guys walk out on me when they meet me (yes, I look like my pictures!).

I've been able to see only a couple of guys consistently over the years, but they usually only ask to see me once a month or so. Probably dating other girls. It never turns into anything actually serious. After a while, I just end it because it's clear it's never going to go anywhere.

I see guys approach other women, but never me. I also see other women in my area get into relationships fairly easily. It makes me feel bad sometimes. I've tried hard for a number of years but as I get into my 30s I have to accept that maybe relationships aren't for me.

I try to listen to YT videos about detachment and living a fulfilled life that focuses beyond men to try to combat this.

@GraceJones I had to pause before responding as this hit real deep. I’m not sure how deep your in your 30’s but honestly it doesn’t matter as one who wants love age matters not. I would say do you do anything just bc you want to w no other focus than self? If not do that asap. Detachment will be your saving grace but also make sure your flowing from abundance instead of need. Sadly energetically it can block you.

@yaya24 I know this isn’t fun but I will say your wise to know not to proceed if there are things that will not allow for sustainability, many do not. Sending hugs.
thanks sis.
Yes its been an interesting/emotional week.

We were supposed to stay in Ochos Rios Jamaica from last Wednesday till today (1 week)... upon arrival to Ochos Rios he was making me uncomfortable so I gave him his ring back on Thursday (after really thinking hard about my decision) and I left him on Friday morning & stayed in a resort in Montego Bay.. then flew back to the TX on Saturday evening.

Had to switch things around while being in my head. Thank God for having my own money.

I swear since the proposal, he really started to show true colors (demanding, controlling, silent treatment etc)..

thanks sis.
Yes its been an interesting/emotional week.

We were supposed to stay in Ochos Rios Jamaica from last Wednesday till today (1 week)... upon arrival to Ochos Rios he was making me uncomfortable so I gave him his ring back on Thursday (after really thinking hard about my decision) and I left him on Friday morning & stayed in a resort in Montego Bay.. then flew back to the TX on Saturday evening.

Had to switch things around while being in my head. Thank God for having my own money.

I swear since the proposal, he really started to show true colors (demanding, controlling, silent treatment etc)..
You are wise and also very grounded as you didn’t play about you. You also have set into motion healing for both as the separation allows things to be examined and fixed esp on him as no one wants a unhealthy mate a partner can take you to heaven or hell.

The one guy that I was casually dating for a while broke up with me. He said he had been feeling a disconnect from me for a while. I was unsure about him because he wouldn't contact me or ask me out on dates that often.

I feel really disappointed and hurt. IDK why guys never want to actually pursue relationships with me. I've also never had a bf before and I'm in my 30s... he's actually the only guy that I've ever liked and dating me consistently so I feel really hurt. I don't really have friends to talk about this with and I'm also pretty embarrassed about it.

@GraceJones I don’t know you but my heart so feels for you. I know how it feels to desire love/intimacy and it feel elusive. Endings aren’t fun but allow it to be as that gives you space for me. This journey to love can be a dance but know if you desire it is possible. I’m closer to 40 but get very much your plight.

@GraceJones I don’t know you but my heart so feels for you. I know how it feels to desire love/intimacy and it feel elusive. Endings aren’t fun but allow it to be as that gives you space for me. This journey to love can be a dance but know if you desire it is possible. I’m closer to 40 but get very much your plight.
He told me another woman was pushing for something with him. I wish he hadn't even told me that, to be honest. He could've just told me he didn't think it was working.

I wish I knew what the roadblock or the disconnect is. I've been working so hard on self-esteem and building boundaries in therapy. The guy I was dating wasn't what I really wanted, hence the drawback. But when you don't have options you say to yourself, okay I'll try to see if I could work with the situation. I hadn't dated anybody for about 2 years before him.

@GraceJones I pray this lands well but I’m glad he ended it as that energy even unconsciously puts a block on connection. His reason is none of your concern because it doesn’t matter all that does is your free to live and be. I totally understand the there’s no options so take what you can get but it’s never for your good. He was a placeholder and you both deserve better.
Detaching from seeking is hard but may be the best right now so you can go inward. Kudos to therapy it’s a great investment in self.
I want you to take the next 60 days to focus on self and that’s not easy esp as you don’t have distractions ie friends. In that time you need to get crystal clear on who you are and what you want in life esp partner wise. Once you do focus on putting to practice all you have learned in therapy. How would you act/operate if you were the best version of you?

I'm really trying to get out of my sob stories but dating is one of the most difficult things I've ever done in my life. I've tried so many things to improve my dating life. I go to therapy 1x a week (although I do that for myself, not necessarily a partner) to raise my self-esteem, tried dating coaches, and dating books, and gained advice from friends. I lost weight, improved my style, hair, make-up, my social and conversational skills, and created an active social life (I go out at least 3 or 4x a week). I go to a lot of networking events involving my profession. My industry is male-dominated, especially within my particular field. I also go to meetups for single people. I go to meet-ups geared for single people too. Every time I go in public I try to look my best.

I rarely even get approached. On dating profiles, I rarely get messages as well. Usually, it's just guys asking for hookups. If a guy does ask for a date, typically he flakes or doesn't show up. I tried to open up past the type of guy that I'm attracted to but I'm not having luck there either. Sometimes I've had guys walk out on me when they meet me (yes, I look like my pictures!).

I've been able to see only a couple of guys consistently over the years, but they usually only ask to see me once a month or so. Probably dating other girls. It never turns into anything actually serious. After a while, I just end it because it's clear it's never going to go anywhere.

I see guys approach other women, but never me. I also see other women in my area get into relationships fairly easily. It makes me feel bad sometimes. I've tried hard for a number of years but as I get into my 30s I have to accept that maybe relationships aren't for me.

I try to listen to YT videos about detachment and living a fulfilled life that focuses beyond men to try to combat this.

I know you mentioned Asperger's in the past. You may find a suitable match if you participate in social groups or events that cater to your exceptionalities. There is nothing wrong with you. We all need the special kind of love that helps our unique quirks and special traits flourish. The perfect match isn't always a storybook romance but is always built on compatibility, understanding, and acceptance. What I am speaking of isn't easy but it is found on the path of leaning into the areas that make you special and you are already on the right track. That helps you flush out those who wouldn't go the distance with ya and recognize true compatibility once you find it. Your feelings are valid...but it is far from over.

@GraceJones I pray this lands well but I’m glad he ended it as that energy even unconsciously puts a block on connection. His reason is none of your concern because it doesn’t matter all that does is your free to live and be. I totally understand the there’s no options so take what you can get but it’s never for your good. He was a placeholder and you both deserve better.
Detaching from seeking is hard but may be the best right now so you can go inward. Kudos to therapy it’s a great investment in self.
I want you to take the next 60 days to focus on self and that’s not easy esp as you don’t have distractions ie friends. In that time you need to get crystal clear on who you are and what you want in life esp partner wise. Once you do focus on putting to practice all you have learned in therapy. How would you act/operate if you were the best version of you?
I would like someone who doesn't do drugs or smokes, has a good job, has their own place (at least their own apartment), is attractive and is compatible with me. i would also like the person to be consistent with their pursuit of me.

i'm quite depressed from a lot of life changes within the past few years. i'm really trying hard with therapy to build myself up and just try to become a happy person. i just want to be happy.

i would like to be an outgoing, life-of-the-party type person but i've accepted that is just not me. i'm just quiet and reserved. the only hobbies i really have are fitness, so i like to go to the gym. i don't really meet people/guys there, though.

I know you mentioned Asperger's in the past. You may find a suitable match if you participate in social groups or events that cater to your exceptionalities. There is nothing wrong with you. We all need the special kind of love that helps our unique quirks and special traits flourish. The perfect match isn't always a storybook romance but is always built on compatibility, understanding, and acceptance. What I am speaking of isn't easy but it is found on the path of leaning into the areas that make you special and you are already on the right track. That helps you flush out those who wouldn't go the distance with ya and recognize true compatibility once you find it. Your feelings are valid...but it is far from over.
I've been seeing a therapist and he's telling me that I don't have asperger's. I've been going to a lot of events I see on meetups.com and I've had a few bad experiences with social groups. Most guys that go there are just trying to get laid. Eventually, one of the founders started disinviting me the meetups. I suspect that he would start fresh with a new group of women every few months.

I would like someone who doesn't do drugs or smokes, has a good job, has their own place (at least their own apartment), is attractive and is compatible with me. i would also like the person to be consistent with their pursuit of me.

i'm quite depressed from a lot of life changes within the past few years. i'm really trying hard with therapy to build myself up and just try to become a happy person. i just want to be happy.

i would like to be an outgoing, life-of-the-party type person but i've accepted that is just not me. i'm just quiet and reserved. the only hobbies i really have are fitness, so i like to go to the gym. i don't really meet people/guys there, though.

I've been seeing a therapist and he's telling me that I don't have asperger's. I've been going to a lot of events I see on meetups.com and I've had a few bad experiences with social groups. Most guys that go there are just trying to get laid. Eventually, one of the founders started disinviting me the meetups. I suspect that he would start fresh with a new group of women every few months.
I understand. You aren't asking for anything unreasonable.

Your not desiring anything crazy but the thing I pick up is wanting to be happy which needs to be your ultimate focus right now. You are reminding me of me in a crazy way. I also totally get being reserved the need to be anyone but you must go.

Your not desiring anything crazy but the thing I pick up is wanting to be happy which needs to be your ultimate focus right now. You are reminding me of me in a crazy way. I also totally get being reserved the need to be anyone but you must go.
i would like to also be with someone somewhat tall and athletic (shortest is 5'10" as i am taller than that). but how does a person become happy?

i feel like time just flew past me... how did i get to this age with no prospects? the way this is looking, i'll probably have a geriatric pregnancy

Back