Relaxed Hair Thread

Okay, fuller confession, I took all my hair down, washed, conditioned, deep conditioned, cool blow dried and straightened it :duck: :laugh:
I couldn't resist lol I do feel tons better though lolol I sweated my scalp out at church though. Had too much fun praising the LORD.

madea-fadreturns.gif

My hair acting like she loved like these gentle parenting kids y’all I don’t know what to do I have hope she may turn her life around.
Maybe she does feel loved :laugh:

You might have to do what l do: put in a style and kinda ignore it a lil bit. Sometimes I don't even look in the mirror with my hair uncovered, cause I'll start obsessing.The more I look at it, the more I'll obssess, and the more I'll start picking at it. Especially when life be lifeing, so I pick at it because it's the only thing I feel I have control over, and can see a visible change after I'm done.

So I'm currently 7 months post. My last relaxer was at the end of December.

When I installed these mini braids at the end of June, I was a couple months pregnant and wanted to just keep my hair in an easy style and limit relaxers.
But earlier this month, we lost the baby. :sad: :angel2:

And now that I'm physically healing and on the mend, and 4 weeks into these braids, I'm feeling like I want to take them down and relax and then do my EOTY relaxer in December as planned. That would give me five months in between relaxers instead of six. OR, I just stretch all of the way to December for a ONE YEAR stretch! I'm not really sure I feel like dealing with my hair any more than I did a month ago.

Think I'm going to start researching a good blow dryer. My hair doesn't airdry as fast as it used to. That leads to me going to bed with damp hair.

Damp hair = more frizz

So I'm probably going to end up airdrying like usual then a light blow dry before bed. No more than a few minutes and my goal wouldn't be to get it bone dry. Just not damp.

Think I'm going to start researching a good blow dryer. My hair doesn't airdry as fast as it used to. That leads to me going to bed with damp hair.

Damp hair = more frizz

So I'm probably going to end up airdrying like usual then a light blow dry before bed. No more than a few minutes and my goal wouldn't be to get it bone dry. Just not damp.
I bought 3 blow dryers trying to find the right one! lol the one I pull out the most is the FHI handless one. I have the Tymo and Babyliss. Both are good, but I grab the FHI. I have not figured out how to stop changing the heat settings on the Tymo and the Babyliss is lightweight, but the lefty in me struggles with the handle.

I want to color my hair today. I am going to use Walnut. I got my nails done… I should have done it before I got them done… I have new growth.. I think I will relax towards the ends of next month. I might go to the shop.. y’all know I struggle with wanting to go there.. lol I need to get that 3 way mirror you can put on the door and that will save my a lot of trouble!

I got the 3 way mirror, so now I can see what I am doing when self-relaxing.

Last edited:
I bought 3 blow dryers trying to find the right one! lol the one I pull out the most is the FHI handless one. I have the Tymo and Babyliss. Both are good, but I grab the FHI. I have not figured out how to stop changing the heat settings on the Tymo and the Babyliss is lightweight, but the lefty in me struggles with the handle.

FHI Handless looks like a winner for me. I added to my list of things to buy for my birthday. Thank you!

So I've graduated to 1x a week usage on the comb. I thought this was a braids week, and it still might be because church is tomorrow and I don't want a sweaty itchy scalp cause I got this ponytail in even though I just washed my hair this morning. I just didn't think I had enough time to do it. Hopefully I can get to it tonight if I'm not too tired.

@Plushottie I'm going to start blow drying in the next few weeks. After all these years, my hair is changing and airdrying alone doesn't feel like it's enough for my hair. Used to airdry to a nice, soft poof. Now, not so much.

I plan to airdry and follow up with a light blow dry before going to bed. We gotta do what our hair tells us to do. :)
I've been doing a cool blow dry after I've towel dried for a bit. I do a little bit of warm near the start when I take the towel off, then I go in with the cool blow dry. Sometimes I use the brush, sometimes the tension method. Some weeks I don't blow dry I just air dry for a bit, and braid it up. It really depends on what I feel like doing.

Back