Relaxed Hair Thread

I used pureology strength mask today after rinsing my hair then shampoo’d with my kerastase extensioniste. i finished up with k18 and actually just left it without rinsing. I wasn’t quite up to deep conditioning today and I had some curl stuff to try.

I really don’t like the curl smith soufflé. It showed great results on a few YouTubes and considering I’m relaxed, I’m sure that’s the best it could do. But the product smells disgusting and feels even worse (sticky/ gunky). Even though it was on sale I think I still spent almost 20$ on it. I really should leave the wash and go trials alone but I keep trying different things to see if I can change the outcome.

I wish I could get a refund on all the products that haven’t worked as of late. It’s way too late to rewash my hair but I can rinse tomorrow night and just blow out my hair. I probably really need a stronger protein treatment anyway.

IMG_5578.jpeg

Ugh- I can’t even sleep in peace my hair smells awful :-(

No more new stuff for me right now. I need to return to old faithfuls. This curlsmith is literally making me wanna gag and rinse it out asap. I don’t remember me ever being this sensitive to a scent (other than sulfur products)

Ugh- I can’t even sleep in peace my hair smells awful :-(

No more new stuff for me right now. I need to return to old faithfuls. This curlsmith is literally making me wanna gag and rinse it out asap. I don’t remember me ever being this sensitive to a scent (other than sulfur products)
Is it because you have the pregnants? Is that why your nose sensitive?

Will be doing my 4th K18 this wash day post Relaxer.

I'll probably end up doing a total of x6 and then back to regular scheduled programming :scratchchin:

I used my Moroccanoil restorative mask to dc and I liked the product much better this time around. I think it’s because my relaxed hair really needs the protein and my natural hair couldn’t really appreciate it. My first time using it, it made my hair feel kinda straw like but it was a completely different experience this time. I will probably use it for my next wash as well.

@ScorpioLove
I'm fairly liberal with Protein Treatments on my Relaxed Hair vs when I was Natural:brainy:

Since I don't self-relax, I want to ward off any bad practices I may have encountered:look:

My "Stylist" (whom I've dealt with for years) teaches at some school, so you can't tell her anything.

Thankfully, I'm only a 14-16 week visitor (thank God):pray:
stay away from protein treatments!! I have never had to have one in the salon when I was professionally having my hair serviced. I got into protein messing with my hair on my own with chemicals. I hardly mess with protein now. And you already know if you do something goofy to your hair, she will verbally get on you! lol That’s why I don’t go because I don’t want to hear! lol

@ScorpioLove
I'm fairly liberal with Protein Treatments on my Relaxed Hair vs when I was Natural:brainy:

Since I don't self-relax, I want to ward off any bad practices I may have encountered:look:

My "Stylist" (whom I've dealt with for years) teaches at some school, so you can't tell her anything.

Thankfully, I'm only a 14-16 week visitor (thank God):pray:
How long is her hair though? :duck:

stay away from protein treatments!! I have never had to have one in the salon when I was professionally having my hair serviced. I got into protein messing with my hair on my own with chemicals. I hardly mess with protein now. And you already know if you do something goofy to your hair, she will verbally get on you! lol That’s why I don’t go because I don’t want to hear! lol
@Evolving78
Thank you for the tip. :up:

I don't think I could do a straight Moisture Regimen though.

I prefer a Protein/Moisture balanced regimen, so I feel I need some level of protein.

@ScorpioBeauty09
Right now: I'm between BSB and BSL.

I feel my hair can handle a certain level of protein since I am chemically processed/treated.
no arguments here on that - I definitely need some regular dose of protein. I also have leave-ins with protein though some I’m careful to not use too much at once. Weekly is generally good enough to do either a protein leave-in like redken anti-snap or a deep conditioner with protein like joico kpak or the Moroccanoil reconstructor.

I’m also trying to be better about biweekly washing because I think it’s been helping my hair and scalp so I can have extra deep conditioning sessions that are moisture focused. I feel like frequency has been helping more than one long wash day going under the dryer/ in and out the shower etc.

I got to say putting in this sulfur mix before bed and like actually doing hair things with intention feels nostalgic. Trying out hair care items with real curiosity is wild. I get out of orthodontist jail in 7 months and my goal is try and be as best as a middle aged woman can look as I can before I start looking at surgeons. If my hair, teeth and weight can align I may try this life thing with more zest.

I relaxed my hair tonight, and wouldn't you know it, it's bit less poufy.

I give up :lachen:

I gotta figure how to wear my hair now that I'm no longer wearing the braids, and it's hot. Right now it's in somewhat of a bun. I do have to wash more often to strengthen it, I love washing my hair, it's just the styling part that gets me lol. I want something that takes 5-10 minutes yet allows not to redo my hair throughout the week and can hold up to getting wet.

Apparently I want a unicorn :rofl:

It is straighter though. The left side is straighter than the right. I gotta think of some styles. Maybe I should straighten my hair? Hmm, idk it's still hot. Plus my hair needs to be in recovery since I just relaxed. I'm used to wearing my hair down in the minis, now it's loose, I have to be more delicate. I just have to reframe my mind and up my game. I'll think of something.

@Evolving78
I'll use a straight protein treatment or DC'er and follow up with a moisturizing DC'er.

I never do "protein" w/o putting some moisture back in.

I love a good protein treatment. They have saved my hair on more than one occasion. However, I also never do one without following up with a protein-free deep conditioner. I feel like I have more control over giving my hair exactly what it needs when I keep my moisture and protein products separate, rather than just using “balanced” products. They all have a place in my regimen though.

I love a good protein treatment. They have saved my hair on more than one occasion. However, I also never do one without following up with a protein-free deep conditioner. I feel like I have more control over giving my hair exactly what it needs when I keep my moisture and protein products separate, rather than just using “balanced” products. They all have a place in my regimen though.
What protein free deep conditioners do you have?

Back