Relaxed Hair Thread

Relaxer tussle in progress. Now neutralizing lol.

Relaxing sequence now complete. I don’t know why I expected it to be flowy and long but it’s a good cover the neck length. Maybe next retouch it will be something to share.

But at least it’s done and I can start fresh.

Any successful relaxer day is something to share!! We all start somewhere and we're gonna call this your starting point!
It's great that you did it so close to your revelation. Now, when you start regularly incorporating the things you're finding like Hawaiian silky and NJoy's sulfur mix, you'll have a good base point. TAKE PICTURES!! You don't have to share them right now but keep doing your regi for a year. I know it would encourage someone to share your pix when you take progress pix next June!

I was so discouraged to have to start over again when I did my virgin texlax almost 2 year ago. I had not had hair that short since 2010. My bangs were eyebrow length, my sides were EL, maybe CL and my back was streeeeetching to SL. Now, almost 2 years later, my bangs reach btwn SL and APL, my sides are APL and I'm pulling my back down to my shoulder blades TODAY as I'm refreshing my braids. If I maintain my regi, I'll be MBL at my EOTY!

YOU GOT THIS, SIS! :meme: :kiss:

Any successful relaxer day is something to share!! We all start somewhere and we're gonna call this your starting point!
It's great that you did it so close to your revelation. Now, when you start regularly incorporating the things you're finding like Hawaiian silky and NJoy's sulfur mix, you'll have a good base point. TAKE PICTURES!! You don't have to share them right now but keep doing your regi for a year. I know it would encourage someone to share your pix when you take progress pix next June!

I was so discouraged to have to start over again when I did my virgin texlax almost 2 year ago. I had not had hair that short since 2010. My bangs were eyebrow length, my sides were EL, maybe CL and my back was streeeeetching to SL. Now, almost 2 years later, my bangs reach btwn SL and APL, my sides are APL and I'm pulling my back down to my shoulder blades TODAY as I'm refreshing my braids. If I maintain my regi, I'll be MBL at my EOTY!

YOU GOT THIS, SIS! :meme: :kiss:
Thank you for this. After I posted I was like well this ground zero and I’m already planning next steps. I blow dried on cool mostly as I don’t like wet hair too much and it’s fluffy.

Below is while I let the deep conditioner sit before getting my heat cap. It will need a trim as it’s uneven but for now it will stay.
Hnet.com-image.jpg

@Plushottie

Ma'am that is a FANTASTIC starting point! :love: I am NOT seeing the chewed up EL you keep telling us you have. Your hair is a lot more even than you're giving it credit for!! This is gonna be so great! You've got 6 months until the EOTY - let's see what you can do! Do a few personal challenges using the new techniques you're employing.

I remember NJoy didn't blow dry after any of her relaxers (we were in a challenge together on BHM when she had that super growth year in 2010), she went right back into wet bunning. That was her technique that year, daily wet bunning (cowashing or washing), using her sulfur mix DAILY and envisioning herself with long hair everyday (manifesting). YOU CAN DO IT!! :D

My favorite ones are personal HYH challenges. That way when I finally reveal to myself, I feel like I've accomplished something and it's encouraging. Maybe you can wet bun this summer and then when you go back under the wigs, maybe apply your scalp tonic and then GHE overnight. Don't forget to lay in the bed for a few minutes before you go to sleep and envision yourself pulling your hair down! I do that all of the time! :)

For the record, your hair looks very close to mine when I re-started in 2022.

1718998502406.png

@MzSwift

Ok so I need to look at wet bunning because with this southern heat and a wig I’m going to pass out walking. But at least with a wet bun I could do my phony pony and my ends still live to see another day.

I’m dedicating the rest of the yr to hair just to see what it can do.

Thank you! THAT's what she did. Phony pony over her bun!

Wash/cowashing in the shower. Apply the scalp tonic and then bun the hair and cover w a phony pony! Do that for one month! Change up your ponies and positions (high vs low) to keep things fresh. And if you make it a month, try again for another month. Keep going until the weather cools.

Thank you for this. After I posted I was like well this ground zero and I’m already planning next steps. I blow dried on cool mostly as I don’t like wet hair too much and it’s fluffy.

Below is while I let the deep conditioner sit before getting my heat cap. It will need a trim as it’s uneven but for now it will stay.
View attachment 497131
I LOVE your hair texture!!! This is what I’m trying to get to once my hair is dry

Thank you! THAT's what she did. Phony pony over her bun!

Wash/cowashing in the shower. Apply the scalp tonic and then bun the hair and cover w a phony pony! Do that for one month! Change up your ponies and positions (high vs low) to keep things fresh. And if you make it a month, try again for another month. Keep going until the weather cools.
This will be the summer plan. I could even do it to a degree with a half wig. Woo this has me excited.

Ok so I must have early on set dementia because I’m looking at other relaxed YouTubers and their results are similar to mine. Back in the 1920’s my hair must have been bone straight.

:lachen:

Seriously though, @sunnieb has been saying that in the other relaxer day thread. It seems like the companies have changed the formulas and their not as effective for her as they used to be. They've been underprocessing her.

:lachen:

Seriously though, @sunnieb has been saying that in the other relaxer day thread. It seems like the companies have changed the formulas and their not as effective for her as they used to be. They've been underprocessing her.
I agree because I flipped to no lye thinking it was the lye now I’m like hmm what’s the truth. It’s prob for the best but kiddie perms use to have me laidt

@MzSwift @Plushottie

I don't know what's going on, but I KNOW we not all crazy! :lachen:

Way back in the day, my aunt used to use box relaxers on me. Bone Skrait for weeks!

I had my self relaxing process down. Now, I'm having to reevaluate everything. I can deal with not having bone straight hair, but it should at least be processed! :fistshake:

Plan to relax tomorrow.
I got this ridiculous tub of lye relaxer that did not give me the results I wanted. Imma use this box kit and make it do what it do.

@MzSwift @Plushottie

I don't know what's going on, but I KNOW we not all crazy! :lachen:

Way back in the day, my aunt used to use box relaxers on me. Bone Skrait for weeks!

I had my self relaxing process down. Now, I'm having to reevaluate everything. I can deal with not having bone straight hair, but it should at least be processed! :fistshake:

Plan to relax tomorrow.
So true like I didn’t deal with knots or tangles that wasn’t a thing now I’m like hmm what is this. I was scared I wouldn’t be able to grip my hair but it’s now braided because of the texture.

You mean a box kit like THISSS??

View attachment 497149

:evillaugh:
Do not entice her im watching you @Evolving78

giphy.gif

Yes ma’am! I got it sitting in my hall closet! lol I’m still trying to decide if I want to cut my hair off. The night sweats are becoming unbearable.

Aww, sorry, sis. I'm just messing with you bc I know we were the pixie cut lovers on the board at one point. :sneakyhug:
That was my signature style for 15 years, it was hard for me to break the scissor/clipper habit.

Night sweats sound super frustrating! Even with a short cut, your scalp might still feel a bit smothered though.
Have you considered wearing braids? The parts can really help the scalp to stay cool. And maybe some time under some extensions is the lazy (and ventilated) hair you need?

I'm thinking something like this where the parts are big:

I'm so glad these braids have come back in style bc they're so much faster to install!

1719015053350.png 1719015168845.png

Or even a nice cornrowed bun:

1719015222311.png 1719015246440.png 1719015275495.png

Aww, sorry, sis. I'm just messing with you bc I know we were the pixie cut lovers on the board at one point. :sneakyhug:
That was my signature style for 15 years, it was hard for me to break the scissor/clipper habit.

Night sweats sound super frustrating! Even with a short cut, your scalp might still feel a bit smothered though.
Have you considered wearing braids? The parts can really help the scalp to stay cool. And maybe some time under some extensions is the lazy (and ventilated) hair you need?

I'm thinking something like this where the parts are big:

I'm so glad these braids have come back in style bc they're so much faster to install!

View attachment 497151 View attachment 497153

Or even a nice cornrowed bun:

View attachment 497155 View attachment 497157 View attachment 497159
Girl imma take some clippers to my head and rock a fade! I got a cooling pillow and it does not help! Maybe I’ll grow my hair out after menopause? Lol

I used to use vitale base. It came in a bottle with an applicator tip. That was my go to in 2012 I believe. I stopped using that because of the menthol and started using Mizani butter base.
Ok maybe it was you. I just was in deep looking at 2012 lol. That base was so good but I’m glad I did it the night before. I read the applicator was a pain but I opened it and made it do.

Back