Relaxed Hair Thread

I've pretty much retained all of my growth, my only issue has been ssk and plenty of them, i had minimal breakage but nothing that would cause me a great setback. Also i am just realizing that my left side was under processed and i believe thats the reason for my ssk.

Maybe i could ask my stylist to do a corrective my next relaxer April 5th

My hair needs more protein than I originally thought. I henna'd last week and mixed Komaza PS with my DC and my hair finally lost that over-moisturized feeling that I've been dealing with. It felt soft and strong afterwards. Since I'm going to try to stay in flat twists for 2 weeks at a time I might need to do light protein every time I remove them.

My hair needs more protein than I originally thought. I henna'd last week and mixed Komaza PS with my DC and my hair finally lost that over-moisturized feeling that I've been dealing with. It felt soft and strong afterwards. Since I'm going to try to stay in flat twists for 2 weeks at a time I might need to do light protein every time I remove them.

Light every couple of weeks sounds cool. I used to do that. You had me scared, I thought you were going to say medium.

Hello, does anyone have suggestions for a moisture only daily moisturizer? I'm recovering from protein overload, and need to up my moisture. I'm looking for store bought products.

Haven't been on this thread in a long time ! Currently 6 weeks post , gonna keep going until my hair annoys the hell outta me lol.. Having a hard time retaining moisture on my straight hair but moisture and sealing then loose braiding helps .

Welp, my love affair with freshly relaxed hair is over. Combed my hair this morning and my comb felt some resistance.

Let the stretching begin! ;)

I never thought I'd see the day, but right now I'm on an indefinite relaxer break. :blush: I have started back with wearing a wig so I don't see a point in relaxing right now. I still have a good bit of breakage/thinning on my temples from postpartum shedding and I'm hoping that eliminating the relaxer for a while will help with growing that back in. I plan to buy some black castor oil to also try.

Walked out the house in my week old celie plaits (thought I had my wig on). 5 minutes from work I prep my makeup in the mirror and see these plaits all over the place! Smh I quickly released them, bent upside down and shook my hair, and walked into work with a braidout. Smh Close call.

Last edited:
Walked out the house in my week old celie plaits (thought I had my wig on). 5 minutes from work I prep my makeup in the mirror and see these plaits all over the place! Smh I quickly released them, bent upside down and shook my hair, and walked into work with a braidout. Smh Close call.

What happened to the wig?

mkay so I am texlaxed. The first time I did it I used an actual texlaxer...some popular brand I can't remember but my hair was healthy and my curls where nearly the same just relaxed and my hair stayed straight when flat ironed

then fast forward 4 months later and I texlaxed again but decided to use "just for me" and it straightened out the back of my hair and barely touched the front.

I got braids twice with a 3 week break and my hair has grown BUT I have really bad breakage and some hair strands vary in thickness like so. -----=====------=====-----

I am low porosity when I am natural but with chemicals I am not sure. My hair still takes a bit to get completely wet and most products still sit on top of it and it still loves being shampood and rinsed with warm water only and DC'd with heat on a regular. IDK what i'm doing wrong or what I need to change. I can't even find a good daily moisturizer because everything causes build up so i wind up having to co-wash every 3 days or so causing me to have to wear my hair curly which defeats the purpose of me texlaxing :nono:

oh and I was thinking of BCing again....is this necessary??

mkay so I am texlaxed. The first time I did it I used an actual texlaxer...some popular brand I can't remember but my hair was healthy and my curls where nearly the same just relaxed and my hair stayed straight when flat ironed then fast forward 4 months later and I texlaxed again but decided to use "just for me" and it straightened out the back of my hair and barely touched the front. I got braids twice with a 3 week break and my hair has grown BUT I have really bad breakage and some hair strands vary in thickness like so. -----=====------=====----- I am low porosity when I am natural but with chemicals I am not sure. My hair still takes a bit to get completely wet and most products still sit on top of it and it still loves being shampood and rinsed with warm water only and DC'd with heat on a regular. IDK what i'm doing wrong or what I need to change. I can't even find a good daily moisturizer because everything causes build up so i wind up having to co-wash every 3 days or so causing me to have to wear my hair curly which defeats the purpose of me texlaxing :nono: oh and I was thinking of BCing again....is this necessary??

A Texturizer is slightly different from a texture softener (just for me) because some texturizers either use a thio chemical or lye. Texture softener a use no lye. So the mixing of the chemicals may be the problem. Try clarifying or chelating and see if that eliminates the dryness.

If you had low po hair before, it really won't change much unless you don't neutralize properly. You just probably need to clarify or chelate and use some protein (stick with light to medium) and DC with heat again. You should be fine. You don't need DC again unless it's really that bad as it doesn't seem like you want to.

For more help on low po hair though, check out the low porosity support thread. That should help with your low porosity problems.

I am 2 months post relaxer and my hair is really taking off. Although I've been taking Biotin and MSM, I truly believe the difference is the sulphur mix i've been using.

YAY! Excited for May 1st to come!

This made me lol :lachen:. One morning I was was rushing for work. I had my makeup on, threw on my heels, and was headed out the door with my wig cap on-- NO wig! thank goodness my little girl brought it to my attention as I was about to step outside. She had a good laugh, mustve been a sight to see lol. Im so happy you can turn that around with your gorgeous hair and save the day.

I'm sick of dealing with my hair and really want a break from giving a ****. :( but I know that's not possible. Even if I get braids, there's a lot of maintenance, unless I want a setback. Sigh.

I'm sick of dealing with my hair and really want a break from giving a ****. :( but I know that's not possible. Even if I get braids, there's a lot of maintenance, unless I want a setback. Sigh.

do low maintenance styles like tight curls so all you have to do is get up and shake it out , add a little oil or moisturize as well and go. tight curls can last a week or more depending on how you maintain it and you don't have to comb it until its time to wash NGraceO

Back