Relaxed Hair Thread

Hey ladies, I likely won't be posting in this thread much anymore as I have decided to transition. My strands just cannot handle a relaxer; I'm having so many issues.

I appreciate ALL The guidance and help I've gotten from this thread immensely. You ladies are so dang awesome. :yep:

Good luck on your transition :grin:!!! I was on the fence and was leaning towards transitioning. I have at least 3 more weeks before my touch up, and I'm hopeful that I don't have any scalp issues afterwards. If I do, I might be throwing in the towel too.

Either I need a new leave-in, or I don't need to add anymore protein to my routine, or its both :look:. After I let my hair air dry to like 85%, I sprayed Aphogee green tea and apply GF S&S, and my hair went from soft and fluffy to dry and frizzy :nono:.
Do you ladies have any on the ground leave-in/moisturizer recommendations?

Either I need a new leave-in, or I don't need to add anymore protein to my routine, or its both :look:. After I let my hair air dry to like 85%, I sprayed Aphogee green tea and apply GF S&S, and my hair went from soft and fluffy to dry and frizzy :nono:. Do you ladies have any on the ground leave-in/moisturizer recommendations?

I don't really use ground products but try curl junkie smoothing lotion.

Either I need a new leave-in, or I don't need to add anymore protein to my routine, or its both :look:. After I let my hair air dry to like 85%, I sprayed Aphogee green tea and apply GF S&S, and my hair went from soft and fluffy to dry and frizzy :nono:. Do you ladies have any on the ground leave-in/moisturizer recommendations?

ckisland, I say start by nixing protein. Is apogee the only leave in you have? I don't use on the ground items...sorry. Maybe ask around in the random thoughts thread or dumb question thread if no one here has suggestions. What about diluting your conditioner for leave in purposes.

ckisland, I say start by nixing protein. Is apogee the only leave in you have? I don't use on the ground items...sorry. Maybe ask around in the random thoughts thread or dumb question thread if no one here has suggestions. What about diluting your conditioner for leave in purposes.

ckisland

its a ten miracle leave in is Bomb.com. I use it to blow dry or flat iron (has cones).

Sallys has a cheaper version called.miracle 7 which is just as good (used this one back in the day). when im one with the its a ten i may return to it.

ckisland

its a ten miracle leave in is Bomb.com. I use it to blow dry or flat iron (has cones).

Sallys has a cheaper version called.miracle 7 which is just as good (used this one back in the day). when im one with the its a ten i may return to it.

I agree the its a 10 is amazing but the miracle 7 is just as good! ! Also your rec on that gpv conditioner. ..winning! !!

Thank you ladies!!! I will look into Miracle 7, and I'm definitely backing off the protein. I think it was the Aphogee that made my hair feel hard. I know NTM is used a lot, so I'll look for that one too. And probably diluting some conditioners I'm not using anymore. Wow! I have a lot of options :lol:. I go with diluting conditioner first and making my own leave-in. That'll save money, and I can use this AVJ I bought :yep:.

Right before bed I set my hair on 6 jumbo flexirods. I took them down, and the curls came out great. But oh lord, my roots!!!! It looked exactly like when I did a rollerset on my natural hair :lachen:. So this will be a week on ponytails and buns :lol:

Last edited:
I hope correcting my underprocessed ends will take care of these crazy looking ends. I would rather not have to trim again.
I have another question!!!

How do your ends looking freshly relaxed? Are they smooth without having to rollerset or apply heat? Or, are they sort of bushy?

ckisland

My ends have been perpetually bushy! Right after a relaxer they're fine but the longer time goes on the bushiness comes back. It was only when my hair was bone straight that my ends weren't bushy. I have no idea what to do with them. I've tried moisturizing them heavily but unless I get like an inch trim they are still that way. I think because my hair is so coarse it's just part of the deal :ohwell:

I swear by aphoghee provitman spray leave in. And last week I accidentally mixed that with aphoghee balancing moisturizer, and was in LOVE!!! My hair usually needs re-moisturizing by day 2, but this lasted well into day 5! I sealed with coconut oil.

My ends have been perpetually bushy! Right after a relaxer they're fine but the longer time goes on the bushiness comes back. It was only when my hair was bone straight that my ends weren't bushy. I have no idea what to do with them. I've tried moisturizing them heavily but unless I get like an inch trim they are still that way. I think because my hair is so coarse it's just part of the deal :ohwell:
My hair is too!! It's so kinky and coarse :lol:. Yeah, I don't ever remember having bushy ends when I was relaxed growing up. And they knot up :nono:

I swear by aphoghee provitman spray leave in. And last week I accidentally mixed that with aphoghee balancing moisturizer, and was in LOVE!!! My hair usually needs re-moisturizing by day 2, but this lasted well into day 5! I sealed with coconut oil.
Is the provitamin spray protein heavy? That's great :yep:

I might consider going to a salon to get my whole head relaxed. Being between straight hair and fully curly hair is a pain for me. I need my hair to be a little more easy :lol:

My hair is too!! It's so kinky and coarse :lol:. Yeah, I don't ever remember having bushy ends when I was relaxed growing up. And they knot up :nono: Is the provitamin spray protein heavy? That's great :yep: I might consider going to a salon to get my whole head relaxed. Being between straight hair and fully curly hair is a pain for me. I need my hair to be a little more easy :lol:

I don't think it is; but then again, my hair Looooooves protein so I'm not completely sure. I have even added hydrolyzed protein to it before :look: lol

I am about 9 weeks post and my new growth is getting unmanageable but I intend to stretch to 16 weeks for an event in mid May so I will be moisturizing, moisturizing....moisturizing.

My hair is too!! It's so kinky and coarse :lol:. Yeah, I don't ever remember having bushy ends when I was relaxed growing up. And they knot up :nono: Is the provitamin spray protein heavy? That's great :yep: I might consider going to a salon to get my whole head relaxed. Being between straight hair and fully curly hair is a pain for me. I need my hair to be a little more easy :lol:

What are you using to seal your ends?

I hope correcting my underprocessed ends will take care of these crazy looking ends. I would rather not have to trim again.
I have another question!!!

How do your ends looking freshly relaxed? Are they smooth without having to rollerset or apply heat? Or, are they sort of bushy?

ckisland

ckisland emada, are you ends damaged? Do your ends seem to get better with trimming?

You put protein on your ends when deep conditioning?
I have like twice, but usually I just use the same DC all over.

are you ends damaged? Do your ends seem to get better with trimming?
I really really hope my ends aren't damaged because I cut a good bit of hair after I first relaxed. I've also dusted/ lightly trimmed twice. I know my hair is natural very kinky, and the length of my hair in the back looks super strange. My roots are underprocessed, a length is wavy, and then the last 4 inches are like barely processed so it looks like a fro tassle. It's a mess that I've been just rolling with :lachen:.
Yeah. . . I think I might relax a little earlier than planned, cause that sounds terrible :lol:

ckisland emada, are you ends damaged? Do your ends seem to get better with trimming?

divachyk
I don't think they are. I follow a pretty good reggie, I deep condition and keep my hair off my shoulders. Before when I wasn't doing this and was bone straight it was not as bad. That's why I feel it may be a result of being more texlaxed. My ends don't tangle and it's not split so I think after some time my ends seems bushier the older they are.

by chance, are your ends crinkled up in buns or updos?
Not mine. I learned that lesson while natural. My ends don't like being tucked like that :nono:. My ends have been this way since I relaxed. I don't have a good pic of my ends, but this is right after my corrective relaxer. My hair was air dried in a ponytail, and I think it's still damp here.

20131215_012504.jpg

Not mine. I learned that lesson while natural. My ends don't like being tucked like that :nono:. My ends have been this way since I relaxed. I don't have a good pic of my ends, but this is right after my corrective relaxer. My hair was air dried in a ponytail, and I think it's still damp here.

When you flat ironed your ends looked fine though. My ends look bushy when air dried that's why I keep it rollerset. Certain oils and pomades don't help, butters do, but for the most part I stick with cones for my ends.

I found that my ends looked terrible after using the Aphogee two step. For a week, they looked like they were filled with spit ends. After my next wash with a moisturizing deep conditioner, my ends just seemed to calm down.

Back