Relaxed Hair Thread

When you flat ironed your ends looked fine though. My ends look bushy when air dried that's why I keep it rollerset. Certain oils and pomades don't help, butters do, but for the most part I stick with cones for my ends.
I need to try a real deal rollerset, or at least setting my damp hair on flexirods. Although I love the curls I get, the very end of the curls are a bit wild :rolleyes:.

The way my hair looks this morning makes me either want to run and buy a relaxer or heat up my flatiron. Lawd, these edges!! These edges :lachen:

I am official ready for my first touch up. My plan is to do it Saturday or Sunday night at 12 weeks post :grin:. So I need to get a box of ORS No-Lye relaxer, gloves, ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo, and a bonnet dryer because I want to rollerset afterwards :yep:.

I'm trying to stretch my relaxer for the sake of my temples. But my scalp is soooo itchy!!!! How can I deal with it?

My scalp itches and flakes after hours of washing. What I do is wash every week. I can see tea tree oil helping with the itchy scalp. Also don't dig your nails into your scalp. Soothe the itch by massaging your scalp with your fingers.

I am official ready for my first touch up. My plan is to do it Saturday or Sunday night at 12 weeks post :grin:. So I need to get a box of ORS No-Lye relaxer, gloves, ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo, and a bonnet dryer because I want to rollerset afterwards :yep:.

Find that base for your scalp.

Can't wait to see your results.

Find that base for your scalp.

Can't wait to see your results.
:lachen: I will definitely be basing this time :yep:. Also, my mom's going to be helping me this time, so hopefully my hair won't be underprocessed this time.

Knowing my hair now, I totally understand how it withstood all those years of overlapped relaxers :lol:. Heat and having no concept of moisturizing is what did me in :nono:

Time for a new strategy. I had been wearing my hair in a French twist, to limit my manipulation, but I think that it starting to affect my ends. This weekend will be 16 weeks, the longest that I have ever stretched. If I want to make it to six months I have to shake things up a bit.

*Starting this weekend, washing twice a month, and continuing to deep condition each time instead of weekly washing.

*I'm adding heat to my schedule. A light flat ironing because I am causing damage now when combing- even though I'm trying not to disturb the new growth. I don't want bone strait, just managability.

*i'm switching from from pinning my hair back (even though I was only using two Bobbie pins, I'm concerned that it was affecting the ends), to ponytail -this will limit manipulation.

I'll reevaluate in a few weeks. If I continue to have breakage, then I have to decide if I should get a relaxer earlier than planned or possibly transition.

Divachyk and Sunnieb use stocking and hair nets to bun their hair. I tried it on Tuesday and have not stopped since. If you want to protect your ends I'd recommend it. Put the hair up into a ponytail with the stocking, bun up the ends and cover with the hair net. Secure the hair net with hair pins.

Ok. I'm 11 weeks post. My new growth isn't a bother but these severely under processed areas are becoming a thorn in my side. I think I may be breaking hair unnecessarily when detangling. I was going to wait until 14 weeks just in time for a party I'm going to but I can't hold out. I want to be able to enjoy washing my hair and right now I'm not due to these tangles on the right side of my hair due to it being way under processed from my last relaxer.

Ok. I'm 11 weeks post. My new growth isn't a bother but these severely under processed areas are becoming a thorn in my side. I think I may be breaking hair unnecessarily when detangling. I was going to wait until 14 weeks just in time for a party I'm going to but I can't hold out. I want to be able to enjoy washing my hair and right now I'm not due to these tangles on the right side of my hair due to it being way under processed from my last relaxer.

Go for it. Holding out is not worth a potential setback naturalagain2

Divachyk and Sunnieb use stocking and hair nets to bun their hair. I tried it on Tuesday and have not stopped since. If you want to protect your ends I'd recommend it. Put the hair up into a ponytail with the stocking, bun up the ends and cover with the hair net. Secure the hair net with hair pins.

halfindian glad you're loving it!! :yep:

We are on the exact same page! That's why I'm relaxing this weekend. I'm hoping that after this relaxer these bushy, knotty ends :nono: will be gone. Then I'll be able to move my touch ups to every 14-16 weeks like I wanted to because I can deal with my new growth just fine.

I finally understand what women mean when they consider themselves "scissor happy". Trimmed my hair yesterday, which I should have done sooner. My hair looks so much better.

I finally understand what women mean when they consider themselves "scissor happy". Trimmed my hair yesterday, which I should have done sooner. My hair looks so much better.

Scissor happy people give you a new do, not trim. You sound like you had boundries lol.

I walked into the beauty supply store, and realized that I miss buying hair products and browsing the aisles :lol:. I had the ORS relaxer kit in my hand, and ended walking out with the CON Straight From Eden relaxer kit :lol:. I wasn't even looking for it, but with the pretty packaging, 2 reviews from ladies whose hair I want, and the -no list right on the box, how was I supposed to resist?!
I also sucked it up and got a full bottle of ORS Aloe poo, but I couldn't cough up $58 for a bonnet dryer :ohwell:.

Ladies I need your help...I re-relaxed my hair back in dec after being natural for 18 months...I used ors lye my go to relaxer before I was natural and my ends are severely under processed almost texturized the only part of my hair that's straight is about an inch away from my hairline (heat trained) and about 2 inches of my roots the rest look like my picture...I would just let it ride but my hair is in a bob cut and my ends look Soo bushy it ruins the cut....so I've been wiggling it and keeping up my protein moisture balance until my next relaxer day....how can I fix this???? Please help!!!

Hi ladies I'm back after 13 weeks of babying my severely underprocessed ends under wigs I decided that since I had a good amount of new growth now would be a good time to do my corrective I am in love with the results I was able to flat iron my hair after my rollerset @ 300 degrees and my hair is bouncy and soft I'm happy that I'm back in a good place with my hair I'm excited all my hair is now one texture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 74
I don't think that my hair is long enough to bun. I would love it if I could. I looked at my hair as I was unpinning it, and realized that if I use enough of the Darcy transitioning cream, combing is easy - as long as I don't touch the roots! So I'm kind if torn now. I haven't flat ironed my hair since the first week of my relaxer. I usually don't bother when my hair is relaxed.

Here's how my hair looks at 10:00 at night. I use two Bobbie pins.

I couldn't figure out how to rotate the picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 83
I don't think that my hair is long enough to bun. I would love it if I could. I looked at my hair as I was unpinning it, and realized that if I use enough of the Darcy transitioning cream, combing is easy - as long as I don't touch the roots! So I'm kind if torn now. I haven't flat ironed my hair since the first week of my relaxer. I usually don't bother when my hair is relaxed.

I do lightly iron my roots into my stretch, usually on 200 after roller setting. Anything to make ice easier. Don't get sad about bunning; all that glitters is not gold. And the French roll you posted was really nice. I love French rolls but my hair is so long, it looks humungo and needs a lot of pins.

Not Nicki Minaj being my hair twin. :lol: She said she relaxed her hair. Her fineness and density so similar to mine
ef2eba9ea6ed11e3bf15126aa50f91c7_8.jpg

My mom came over and relaxed my hair tonight, and it was kinda cute. Reminded me of being 10 all over again :lol:. I'm sitting under the dryer as I type (Walmart had the new Laila Ali one) with flexirods in since my real rollers were missing in action :rolleyes:.
So far, after DCing, detangling (which thankfully looked worse than it actually was), and rolling my hair, I love it!! The Straight from Eden relaxer is the bee's knees :grin:. My hair feels so much softer and looks darker and shinier!! My mom smoothed the heck out of my hair :lol:, and I left it on for about 27 mins, but I was aiming for almost bone straight. I can't wait to finish drying so I can post pics!!!

I posted pics in the Relaxer Reveal Thread. I really really want to figure out how to wrap my hair. Like really really :look: :lol: . I'm hoping my hair looks better in the morning, but I LOVE how it feels!!! My hair's so smooth, soft and bouncy I could cry :grin:

Back