Relaxed Hair Thread

Saluable84,

Do you have a brand name for your seamless comb? Is this something that I can get at Sally's?

I bought mine from hot combs.net I believe. The hercules Sagemen and a magic star rake. I would only recommend the rake as it is wide tooth. The smaller ones part of the step 2 and 3 of the 3-step smoothing system are only good if you roller set IMO

My nape and the hairs around my hairline are shorter and appear thinner than the rest of my hair. So this morning, I separated them and massaged them with leave in and castor oil. I twisted the nape up but wasn't sure what to do with the front. Looks like I'm rocking fuzzy edges today :lol:

I don't know if this is my shedding season or if I'm doing something wrong but my hair is shedding like crazy. During the month of March, I'm going to battle this from the inside as well as the outside. Consistently taking my multivitamin, 100% carrot juice, green smoothies, no heat, DC twice a week and decreasing my stress. I'll reevaluate at the end of the month.

I don't know if this is my shedding season or if I'm doing something wrong but my hair is shedding like crazy. During the month of March, I'm going to battle this from the inside as well as the outside. Consistently taking my multivitamin, 100% carrot juice, green smoothies, no heat, DC twice a week and decreasing my stress. I'll reevaluate at the end of the month.

Lay down on them juices. Remember, they give you more vitamins on top of vitamins so that affects you.

Carrot juice contains massive amounts vitamin A, which you need, but 700% daily is a bit much; and that's just from juice.

You are manipulating a growth cycle so you get more shedding.

Can any of you ladies who wear weaves give me tips on how to prepare my hair before I install a weave? I'm a newbie to this.

I just did a PT with Komaza Protein Strengthener yesterday and I'm thinking about adding some Hydrolyzed Keratin to my DC next week because I feel like my hair is over-moisturized. I might be over-reacting because I don't think I've ever had properly moisturized hair as a natural so I'm not sure what it's supposed to feel like. I know my hair needs more protein now than it did before but finding out how much is going to be a lot of trial and error.

Can any of you ladies who wear weaves give me tips on how to prepare my hair before I install a weave? I'm a newbie to this.

I prep my hair similar to how I prep for a relaxer. Clarify, protein treatment, Moisture DC, but do a trim instead of section off for the relaxer. I also blowdry my hair for braiding because I usually do a weave/protective style around 8 weeks or so and my ng is a beast!

I just did a PT with Komaza Protein Strengthener yesterday and I'm thinking about adding some Hydrolyzed Keratin to my DC next week because I feel like my hair is over-moisturized. I might be over-reacting because I don't think I've ever had properly moisturized hair as a natural so I'm not sure what it's supposed to feel like. I know my hair needs more protein now than it did before but finding out how much is going to be a lot of trial and error.

When did you relax? And have you done a protein treatment since?

You don't need that much more protein and the biggest mistake most make is using too much protein. The komaza is pretty medium (I have it). Unless it is breaking when wet, you should be ok.

You want soft hair. When it's mushy or hard, then get worried.

When did you relax? And have you done a protein treatment since?

You don't need that much more protein and the biggest mistake most make is using too much protein. The komaza is pretty medium (I have it). Unless it is breaking when wet, you should be ok.

You want soft hair. When it's mushy or hard, then get worried.

I relaxed last Sunday and this is my first wash post relaxer. I don't have any breakage. I think I'm not used to soft, moisturized hair so it has me thinking something is wrong.

The first time I used the Komaza it was on my natural hair and I think I didn't DC properly afterwards because my hair was somewhat hair for a few wash days after that. I expected it to feel like that when I used it this time but it didn't so maybe I finally did it right.

I'm getting ready to blow-dry and flatiron and hope everything will be fine for my next wash day.

I relaxed last Sunday and this is my first wash post relaxer. I don't have any breakage. I think I'm not used to soft, moisturized hair so it has me thinking something is wrong. The first time I used the Komaza it was on my natural hair and I think I didn't DC properly afterwards because my hair was somewhat hair for a few wash days after that. I expected it to feel like that when I used it this time but it didn't so maybe I finally did it right. I'm getting ready to blow-dry and flatiron and hope everything will be fine for my next wash day.

If your hair is soft one week post, that's not a bad thing. You did a protein today, so if you flat iron, use a "little" protein next wash day just to replenish from the flat iron. Try to blow dry on cool too. You sound like your fine, so try not to worry so much. After, as far as protein, use once a month or when you need too.

I prep my hair similar to how I prep for a relaxer. Clarify, protein treatment, Moisture DC, but do a trim instead of section off for the relaxer. I also blowdry my hair for braiding because I usually do a weave/protective style around 8 weeks or so and my ng is a beast!

Thank you so much.

Lay down on them juices. Remember, they give you more vitamins on top of vitamins so that affects you. Carrot juice contains massive amounts vitamin A, which you need, but 700% daily is a bit much; and that's just from juice. You are manipulating a growth cycle so you get more shedding.

I haven't started any of this yet. I do green smoothies about 3 days a week now but I'll probably just add the carrot juice to those instead of drinking it separately.

Bangs cut! Love it

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140302_193526.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140302_193526.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 71
  • ForumRunner_20140302_193538.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140302_193538.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 62
  • ForumRunner_20140302_193601.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140302_193601.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 65
Bangs cut! Love it
Absolutely love the bangs :yep:.

Wasn't playing to, but it's hair washing day. I had the brilliant idea of spraying my hair with Aphogee, and it reverted my ends on impact :lol:. That's fine my scalp is a little inflamed again. Stupid blowdryer and flatiron :ohwell:

Hey ladies, I likely won't be posting in this thread much anymore as I have decided to transition. My strands just cannot handle a relaxer; I'm having so many issues.

I appreciate ALL The guidance and help I've gotten from this thread immensely. You ladies are so dang awesome. :yep:

Hey ladies, I likely won't be posting in this thread much anymore as I have decided to transition. My strands just cannot handle a relaxer; I'm having so many issues. I appreciate ALL The guidance and help I've gotten from this thread immensely. You ladies are so dang awesome. :yep:

ohhhhh back you go. ;-) transition thread! you must do the best for your strands.

Back