Relaxed Hair Thread

I posted pics in the Relaxer Reveal Thread. I really really want to figure out how to wrap my hair. Like really really :look: :lol: . I'm hoping my hair looks better in the morning, but I LOVE how it feels!!! My hair's so smooth, soft and bouncy I could cry :grin:

I didn't see your pics, but you can try the cross wrap method. There are several youtube vid tutorials. Glad you are having a good hair moment! Those are the best!

When am I gonna learn? My longest length hits my length goal first, the rest of my hair plays catch up, then I finally hit my full length goal.

I just hate having that tail as my hair catches up....

Sitting here getting a relaxer. I had to base my scalp w/ some type of medicated thingy. I never have to base my scalp but today is much needed.

I left my protein treatment at home so I had to run to Walmart & get something good enough. Omg this treatment not only smells good but left my hair so so so soft after my relaxer. I never comb my hair in the shower because its next to impossible but baaeebaaee I surely was able with this stuff!

ForumRunner_20140309_130916.jpg

ForumRunner_20140309_130844.jpg

And I'm back with more pics because the ones from last night did not do my hair justice!!! :lol: Late late last night, I lightly flatironned my hair to get rid of some of the poofiness from my second rollerset and to do a trim. I trimmed about .5" in the front and 1" in the back. I'm swinging my head all of the place like a fool!! I couldn't be happier right now :grin:

20140309_143028.jpg

20140309_142953.jpg

I left my protein treatment at home so I had to run to Walmart & get something good enough. Omg this treatment not only smells good but left my hair so so so soft after my relaxer. I never comb my hair in the shower because its next to impossible but baaeebaaee I surely was able with this stuff!

View attachment 249657

Yeeeess!!!! That's my boo thang right there!! I used it and the Power Moisture DC after my relaxer, and OMG!!! My hair was so soft!!!! It saved me when I went to detangle after neutralizing when some of my hair was velcroed together :nono:. And I love that I can actually use it for the 3-5 minutes and get the same fantastic results :lick:.

I posted in another thread asking for a tutorial on marking shirts for hair length checks. Can anyone assist? A blog or video blog on YouTube should do. Or even a post in here. Thanks darlings.

I hear its good!

View attachment 249657

View attachment 249659

Their shampoo and conditioner ceramide advanced are my new staples!

I was planning to stretch my relaxer, but i may relax. Not sure. I hate when I can't comb through my roots. :nono: I also keep going back and forth about whether or not I want to wear my hair or wear wigs.

when you ladies hair is air dried, what does it look like?

my looks like this
643a4e0644e8186943114c749fa2013d.jpg

Just finishing relaxing and I nailed it this time! :woot:
My NG is laiddd :gorgeous: Glad I won't have to change relaxers. I think maybe my last container was a bit old.

Some changes I made from last relaxer:
-Pre-parting hair. Feeling a bit silly for not doing this before! Made application sooo much easier and I was able to smooth better just focusing on each section at time.

-Wearing glasses. :look: I wear glasses and before I didn't want to mess up my current pair or wear contacts because I didn't want to risk any run off getting in my eyes. Anyway I thought to use an old pair I had lying around and as you can imagine, things were much easier!

Not cool things:
- The left side of my hair. It's like an inch shorter than the right *side eye*. Not sure what that's about. I'll see how bad it is once I'm dry and trim accordingly.

I'll be whipping it for the next 6 or so weeks :lol:

ive been dc with moisture these last weeks. i think i should aternate with protein dc too. one Week moisture, the other week protein. i usually prepoo-dc (oil+conditionner or dc) . its less manipulation for me. i have apoghee 2 min. is that enough ? i want to ors? is the mayonaise gonna be too strong? is it considered as a strong protein? or should i try the ors resplenishing (is that the name lol)? my stupid fine hair breaks easily. argggg so annoying!

My hair right now looks terrible!!!!! It is filled with tiny white flakes!!!!! Going to get those oils and sort this out!!!!!!

ive been dc with moisture these last weeks. i think i should aternate with protein dc too. one Week moisture, the other week protein. i usually prepoo-dc (oil+conditionner or dc) . its less manipulation for me. i have apoghee 2 min. is that enough ? i want to ors? is the mayonaise gonna be too strong? is it considered as a strong protein? or should i try the ors resplenishing (is that the name lol)? my stupid fine hair breaks easily. argggg so annoying!

If the moisture is working, I wouldn't bother it with protein until needed.

Does anyone currently use Cassia?

I used to. It was really good. I used to mix it with yogurt or buttermilk and then thin it out with water just to keep it thick enough to apply and it coat my hair without being runny. Id get strong and shiny hair. Only issue is that henna doesn't have a lasting effect for my hair. I might try it again, as I still have cassia in here but I won't hold myself to my promise.

I used to. It was really good. I used to mix it with yogurt or buttermilk and then thin it out with water just to keep it thick enough to apply and it coat my hair without being runny. Id get strong and shiny hair. Only issue is that henna doesn't have a lasting effect for my hair. I might try it again, as I still have cassia in here but I won't hold myself to my promise.

No color deposit, right?

I know we talked about this before but I can't find the answer. Can I do a clear gloss the same day I relax? If so, at what step?

Back