Relaxed Hair Thread

pre_medicalrulz
Brazilian hair straightening treatments (also called Breezilian Brazilian Keratin Treatment, BKT, Brazilian Blowout, Escova Progressiva, Keratin Cure or Keratin Straightening) are a method of temporarily straightening hair by sealing a liquid keratin and a preservative solution into the hair with a hair iron in the United States

Ohhhhhh ok, I have heard of that. Duh! Lol! My cousin uses it on her natural hair.

I'm thinking about relaxing my hair next Thursday. I'll be 15wks post. I was gonna wait until the 1st week of October, but I decided to dye my hair. So Ill relax first &'then dye my hair sometime in October. I'm only dyeing half of my bangs (bottom half) & a small part of my front edges. When I relax my hair next week, I'm also going to cut my own bangs for the 1st time.

I'm still trying to figure out what color I want. It will either be red or honey blond.

I can't wait. I so need a change right now. I was going to do a protein treatment this week, but I still feel like my hair has alittle too much protein.

Does she like it?

She loves it HOWEVER I should put my disclaimer in before I say more...she is not on a healthy hair journey and her dad is white. Therefore her retention is simply hereditary & nothing that she is personally doing is a result of her WL hair.

She loves it HOWEVER I should put my disclaimer in before I say more...she is not on a healthy hair journey and her dad is white. Therefore her retention is simply hereditary & nothing that she is personally doing is a result of her WL hair.

Thanks for keeping it 110% funky. When making a major decision involving chemicals, the WHOLE story is always helpful. Just had to say that...now going back to minding my business... ;)

Gotcha lol. I might be hopping off the relaxer train for a little while :sad: I have BSB relaxed hair and many variations of under processed hair/ textures :perplexed: I really don't see a healthy and practical way to fix it with a relaxer. I've been thinking why not switch things up?

Gotcha lol. I might be hopping off the relaxer train for a little while :sad: I have BSB relaxed hair and many variations of under processed hair/ textures :perplexed: I really don't see a healthy and practical way to fix it with a relaxer. I've been thinking why not switch things up?

I wish I could tell you more about it but Im clueless. My hair did that underprocessed crap twice. Once I ran out of relaxer (I use 2 boxes but only had 1 at the time) & the other time I left it on less than I usually would do it. Smh. It was crazy underprocessed almost to the ends. I did a one time corrector on my entire head. It was the best thing I had ever done.

I wish I could tell you more about it but Im clueless. My hair did that underprocessed crap twice. Once I ran out of relaxer (I use 2 boxes but only had 1 at the time) & the other time I left it on less than I usually would do it. Smh. It was crazy underprocessed almost to the ends. I did a one time corrector on my entire head. It was the best thing I had ever done.

It's varying. Some places it's close to the roots. The majority is midshaft and a couple spots it's on the ends. *deep sigh*

Couldn't sleep last night, so I decided to cut my bangs ahead of schedule. I think I did a pretty good job considering this was my 1st time DIY.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Attachments

• IMG_20130902_045328.jpg
    IMG_20130902_045328.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20130902_045447.jpg
    IMG_20130902_045447.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20130902_050311.jpg
    IMG_20130902_050311.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20130902_045817.jpg
    IMG_20130902_045817.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 35
In an effort to use up sme of this stash I have going, I tried some Shea Moisture Yucca and Boabab Thickening Shampoo. That was THE BEST shampoo I have EVER USED!!!!! My hair was soooooo soft and detangled like had used a super strength moisturizing DC...but is was shampoo!!! I just can't say how impressed I am with this product and never thought a shampoo could make my hair feel that way. I didn't even want to condition after because my hair felt so good. Mad a held on to it for so long without using it. Just thought I would share. Anyone else use it before?

In an effort to use up sme of this stash I have going, I tried some Shea Moisture Yucca and Boabab Thickening Shampoo. That was THE BEST shampoo I have EVER USED!!!!! My hair was soooooo soft and detangled like had used a super strength moisturizing DC...but is was shampoo!!! I just can't say how impressed I am with this product and never thought a shampoo could make my hair feel that way. I didn't even want to condition after because my hair felt so good. Mad a held on to it for so long without using it. Just thought I would share. Anyone else use it before?

Jobwright
Yes I use it sometimes. I switch between this and the raw shea poo. I love them both. This one smells great to me too! They both do everything you said!!

Ladies I need sum help. Is it relax then color or color then relax?

Also, any of u ladies DIY color? If so what brand do you use? I plan on highlighting it to a reddish blonde color.

I'm relaxing this week, but plan on doing a black semi & then in about 3wks I plan on highlighting the front of my hair.

Any suggestions?

TIA!

Ladies I need sum help. Is it relax then color or color then relax?

Also, any of u ladies DIY color? If so what brand do you use? I plan on highlighting it to a reddish blonde color.

I'm relaxing this week, but plan on doing a black semi & then in about 3wks I plan on highlighting the front of my hair.

Any suggestions?

TIA!

I colored first using textures & tones.

I waited 3 weeks after to relax.

I feel like you should space those out though that a lot if chemicals ibid a short amount of time.

When I got ready to relax I coated my hair with olive oil and I was fine.

I had to use some pororsity conditioner weekly with a heated DC.

All this running has my hair DRY.

Sigh I need to use heat to DC the next few times I wash.

Sam's club has a big size of nexxus conditioner, I think I will buy that.

Any ladies in here not relaxing their edges? My edges grow slow and I'm pretty sure they're over processed from salon visits. I thought about going natural but ummm I'm not sure im built for it-
I bought some Ic gel today and I'm thinking maybe I can just slick my edges til they grow in and keep maintaining my relaxed hair.

Bantu knot outs are the bizzzzzness! I washed/DC on Thurs & airdried in bantu knots. I kept the bantu knots in for 4 days & took them out today & omggggg so freaking cute!!!! Too bad Im headed to the beach. Lol

Bantu knot outs are the bizzzzzness! I washed/DC on Thurs & airdried in bantu knots. I kept the bantu knots in for 4 days & took them out today & omggggg so freaking cute!!!! Too bad Im headed to the beach. Lol

4 days, WOW!!! I like them on dried hair overnight. Looks like beach waves. Post a pic so we can share in your Bantu knot glory!

4 days, WOW!!! I like them on dried hair overnight. Looks like beach waves. Post a pic so we can share in your Bantu knot glory!

Loloo! I didn't leave the house at ALL with them knots in either. Lol

I had them in so long that it looks more like a rollerset. Lol

Back