Relaxed Hair Thread

Any of you girl using/used Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion?

If so, thoughts?

felashine

Its my HG summertime moisturizer...LOVE IT! My hair is smooth, moisturized and has a soft fluffy feel once it has soaked in. As a leave in...IT SUCKED! No moisture, no softness, no nothing....it was just too light as a LI in my opinion. But as a daily moisturizer, me likey ALOT!

felashine

Its my HG summertime moisturizer...LOVE IT! My hair is smooth, moisturized and has a soft fluffy feel once it has soaked in. As a leave in...IT SUCKED! No moisture, no softness, no nothing....it was just too light as a LI in my opinion. But as a daily moisturizer, me likey ALOT!

Jealous. It reasonably priced for the size. Wanted to like it so bad :(

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Thanks girls

Im LP so I guess that's one to ignore :lol:

Those who do demi-color like outspokenwallflower and others, how long do you wait after that to get a touch up..or do you perfer to get the touch up after the demi-color

I relax first, then color.... FelaShrine

So basically, I would use a demi/semi permanent a week to two weeks after getting a fresh touch up. A permanent would be two to three weeks.

I'll be doing a permanent color in about a week to two weeks from this Friday, which will make it three to four weeks since my touch up.

Relaxing soon after a demi/semi/permanent will strip some if not most of the color. HTH.

Thanks outspokenwallflower

I was gonna demi-color this week. then get a TU in 2-3 weeks but I guess it makes more sense to do it after a fresh TU..?

are you already of getting a permanant? have you gotten one before..people sure love to go on about how damaging it is so its always been Hell No in my head. It's enough it will be my fiorst time demi-perming.

FelaShrine I've done semi-permanent color the same day that I've done a touchup (ALWAYS DO THE RELAXER FIRST) with no ill results. But that's because I was pressed for time. Usually, I do the color one week after the relaxer. That's for semi-permanent. I don't mess with that permanent stuff.

Omg. Omg. Omg. The bandwagon ladies on this site are hilarious. Lol!!!

ME: I ran out of shampoo so I decided to use my bunion cream instead & rinse it with mouthwash. It worked great!
THEM: OMG Im going to the store right now to cop some!!!

SMDH!!!

We need to seriously calm down before all our hair be in our hands after one hair stroke. Smh ijs

Ladies will listen to anything for some long hair. Lol!!!! #DoingTooMuch

ME: I ran out of shampoo so I decided to use my bunion cream instead & rinse it with mouthwash. It worked great!

SMDH!!!

We need to seriously calm down before all our hair be in our hands after one hair stroke. Smh ijs

I'm tryin' to get up off the floor...y'all need to stop it right now!

SMDH!!!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:
I need to visit this thread more often. You guys are funny :lol:

Stupid question: Which porosity control are you guys using for your ends during the relaxing process? I went to Sallys and they had 3 or 4 different shampoos and conditioners. Didn't know which one to choose.

SMDH!!!

Too funny:)
Sad part is, you're right!

I just tried a vinegar rinse and.... NO!

I will just stick to porosity corrector/ conditioner.

I tried an ACV rinse once. No bueno!!! PC is not that great either for me, but it provided me with slip to detangle well. I couldn't let it touch my actual hair so I put it over DC.

SMDH!!!

Hilarious. I agree that it is kinda sad.

I really can't mock them though as we ALL have something we do that others may find outrageous. My regimen has become ridiculously simple, but an itchy scalp tempts me to do or even use anything reasonable to lessen the itching. I told the lady at the tea store I tea rinse and she smiled at me like she couldn't believe it (even though the same extracts are found in our hair products!) but my natural friends swear by it EVERY wash day.

Bunion Creme, you nah gon' to far #islandaccent but you can't blame girls for wanting longhairdontcare however they can get it. It's wishful thinking at its best :)

Thanks outspokenwallflower

I was gonna demi-color this week. then get a TU in 2-3 weeks but I guess it makes more sense to do it after a fresh TU..?

are you already of getting a permanant? have you gotten one before..people sure love to go on about how damaging it is so its always been Hell No in my head. It's enough it will be my fiorst time demi-perming.

FelaShrine Yes, please just do the demi after your fresh touch up. Otherwise, when you get your relaxer in 2-3 wks, your fresh color will go down the drain with the relaxer.

I've gotten permanent, highlights, etc. It's all about how you maintain and baby your hair. If you want to go a more permanent route, you have to be willing to do the extra work. I'll be coloring my hair a 'warm, chocolate brown' next week. While you can use a demi to do that, that is ONLY if your hair is lighter (if your hair is already very dark, putting anything lighter on it that isn't permanent won't really show up) and I have highlights from over the summer over my dark, natural base color that I want to be all uniform for fall.

Last edited:
I relaxed on August 4th but I have so much new growth now. From using monistat (I didn't think it would work). What should I do? I'll be 4 weeks post next week. Should I wait a couple of more weeks?

Back