Relaxed Hair Thread

I know you girls know how it feels when you have a fresh rollerset. You be swangin, dramatic hair flips just because you can..:lachen: No? Just me? Ok :look:

No but seriously, I just got a rollerset today and I felt like Beyonce :lachen::lachen:

Got a fresh ta def relaxer today! I retained nicely! My hair feels a little hard, probably from the mid step protein, and my hair dresser didn't let the DC stay in long enough. But I will moisturize well tonight and be super gentle till I can do my own DC with honey and coconut oil for at least an hour. Feelin good and my DH can't wait to get his hands in it!

I relaxed today!!!

I use silk elements regular.

Gonna be up late rollersetting, but I don't care lol. I can see my scalp. Thank god almighty I can see my scalp.

Seems I cannot get a happy medium. So I got a relaxer yesterday, but I think the mid step protein was a bit much...maybe. When I got home last night, my hair was hard so I said well, maybe I'll Prepoo with some Tresemme Naturals and coconut oil overnight under a baggy to get some softness back. Still hard this morning. So I rinsed, neutralized again scared that maybe the setting lotion my stylist used was causing the hardness or maybe she did not neutralize well enough after the relaxer. Then put in some honey and Neutrogena Triple Moisture hair mask dc. Baggied, sat under the dryer for 1 hr, rinsed, still hard. So I conditioned in the shower with AO Island Naturals, it was a little softer then but still straw like. But I was hungry and tired of messing with products so I LOC'ed with water, jojoba oil and a little Tresemme Naturals condish, roller set and under the dryer now. When I take my rollers out, I will coat my strands with a little Vatika oil. If my hair is still hard, I will try the salt in conditioner thing on my Wednesday cowash.

Seems I cannot get a happy medium. So I got a relaxer yesterday, but I think the mid step protein was a bit much...maybe. When I got home last night, my hair was hard so I said well, maybe I'll Prepoo with some Tresemme Naturals and coconut oil overnight under a baggy to get some softness back. Still hard this morning. So I rinsed, neutralized again scared that maybe the setting lotion my stylist used was causing the hardness or maybe she did not neutralize well enough after the relaxer. Then put in some honey and Neutrogena Triple Moisture hair mask dc. Baggied, sat under the dryer for 1 hr, rinsed, still hard. So I conditioned in the shower with AO Island Naturals, it was a little softer then but still straw like. But I was hungry and tired of messing with products so I LOC'ed with water, jojoba oil and a little Tresemme Naturals condish, roller set and under the dryer now. When I take my rollers out, I will coat my strands with a little Vatika oil. If my hair is still hard, I will try the salt in conditioner thing on my Wednesday cowash.

Is it the honey? Honey attracts moisture ffrom the air right?

I have to keep porsity control on deck since I dyed my hair.

My rollerset is EVERY THING!

I went to the hood sally's and they were so rude look . But nobody was able to steal my joy of buying that relaxer tub.

Ever though the woman ringing me up had no edges :(.

I went to the hood sally's and they were so rude look . But nobody was able to steal my joy of buying that relaxer tub.

You should of threw some castor oil on her No edges and said i rebuke those non having edges in the name of castor oil lol brownb83

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I loathe hood spots but they always have what you are looking for. The last time I went to a hood spot, I yelled at the mexican for following me and the korean lady for making him. I left before they called the cops, because, in that situation, I was the automatic wrong one.

As for her edges, ionno girl. I mind my business that one.

The softness, shine, swing and bounce is back!!!! They must put some magic dust in that vatika oil or maybe it was the magic roller set. Either way, all is right in the world now!!!! Happy dance...

Jobwright

I think it was a combo of the Tresemme Naturals and the Vatika oil. Mine just arrived in the mail today and I just know my hair will :love: it. Coconut oil, amla AND henna?? My hair is sayin' "come on gimme soma dat" lol!!

ETA: jojoba oil is moisturizing too. That was prob a smart move on your part. Glad your hair bounced back

Did my relaxer yesterday and every thing went well. I did pincurls and they fall so pretty. Not sure where i am in length but i will be cutting gradually to get rid of thinness/bone straight hair on the bottom

My bantu knot-out is no longer holding its wave pattern. All that means is, I need to relax on my m&s. Too much moisture going on right now....

ForumRunner_20130826_120513.jpg

I need some braids or twists asap! I'm 7 weeks post, but I'm trying to relax on the day before my birthday(12 weeks post). I hate this awkward length:spinning:

Back