Relaxed Hair Thread

I put a full body mirror in the shower temporarily to do a quick stretch length check since December. I have no idea why it looks like I did not retain much. I am hoping because my NG has my hair so crumpled up that it is not showing true length. I'm hoping. I will be sad. :nono:

I used the lye Texturizer for the first time for my last tu 5weeks ago. I like it but I'm not ready to say I love it yet. I didn't leave as much texture as I thought it would. It didn't burn and it wasn't evil on my hair.
Thanks for responding Cattypus1. What's your hair texture? What were you using to texlax with before? In the past, did you add anything to the relaxer, or did you just cover the heck out of your strands?

Sorry for all the questions but I've been on fire with this all day. You know how it gets. :sekret: I never change relaxers, so this is, as our dear VP said, 'a big freakin' deal'. :lol:

JudithO I dry DC often. It's awesome. I just make sure not to use anything that strips.

pre_medicalrulz, sorry. I've been there and it's so devastating. I get pissed thinking about it. Can you tell where the hair was cut?

FelaShrine, I failed to answer about scent. I love all things scenty for the most part so I've tried all of Bee Mine's scents and love them. They don't last long so if you hate it, you should be ok. It disappears quickly. Regarding butters, I seal with them like oil. You have fine hair so just scale back on the amount of product used. The curly butter provides a very soft hold. It's creamy and whipped like. I use it to slick my edges and nape.

JudithO I dry DC often. It's awesome. I just make sure not to use anything that strips.

pre_medicalrulz, sorry. I've been there and it's so devastating. I get pissed thinking about it. Can you tell where the hair was cut?

FelaShrine, I failed to answer about scent. I love all things scenty for the most part so I've tried all of Bee Mine's scents and love them. They don't last long so if you hate it, you should be ok. It disappears quickly. Regarding butters, I seal with them like oil. You have fine hair so just scale back on the amount of product used. The curly butter provides a very soft hold. It's creamy and whipped like. I use it to slick my edges and nape.

Not at the moment. I probably wont until my relaxer.

honeybee

I use the texturizer and I LOVE IT! My hair is always soft/uniformed (all the same texture) when I use this product. I've never used the actual relaxer, but the texturizer is all that and more :yep:.

Lol!! Im giving this mess 24 hours and it better act right! Lol!

Lol... As long as you use no lye, and didnt scratch too much today... I see no problems....

Don't come in here with some woe is me story, talm bout how your hip length hair is now chin length... Ill never forgive you... Lollolololol... You better wait two days...

Last edited:
Lol... As long as you use no lye, and didnt scratch too much today... I see no problems....

Don't come in here with some woe is me story, talm bout how your hip length hair is now chin length... Ill never forgive you... Lollolololol... You better wait two days...

LMBOOOO!!!!!! ROOTHFLL!!!!

I'm having a mini-setback. I just relaxed and my ends look so haggard! :cry2: Luckily I only had to trim an inch and a half so I'm still BSL.

I'm going to try sealing my ends with castor oil and see if that helps.

Anyone DC on dry hair? I'm thinking of prepooing with coconut oil, throwing my DC over it, then shampooing and then doing a rinse out with the same conditioner... Do you guys think this would work? I don't feel like jumping in the shower twice anymore.. Lol

Oh my HG shampoo is a clarifying/cheating poo.. You think that will jack things up?

I primarily DC on dry hair. I prepoo with olive oil & then apply my conditioner.

I'm researching AE Linange No-Lye relaxer, thinking about switching. Is anybody still using it? (or the lye relaxer, or the texturizer)

I use the shea butter texturizer & I luvvvvvv it!! I have no burns & lots of texture w/o the coarseness. In my opinion this is by far the best relaxer. I used to use Mizani butter blends sensitive scalp but it got my hair too straight & it felt chemically processed (if that makes sense).

Washed my hair with Carol's Daughter Monoi line. My hair smells good and it's so soft.

I love wearing my hair out when it's air dried. It's all big and poofy. :look:

divachyk

Unfortunately yes. With transitioning from one texture to another breakage is inevitable especially for me since my strands are fine. Granted the breakage is/was minimal, but it happens.

EnExitStageLeft and other ladies, did you get breakage when transitioning from relaxed to telexed / texturized?

Depends on how straight the hair is before you transition. When I transitioned (I still use relaxers btw) I just minimized processing time and smoothing each time. So I went from processing for 20 minutes to processing for 10 minutes in a year. I was underprocessing my hair pre-journey and had a bad experience with a corrective before, so I just said f it and transitioned.

I upped keratin and silk and that helped with breakage just in case. I didn't get alot of breakage but I also transitioned slowly because I knew any kind of transitioning would be alot of work. When your doing relaxing and still doing MPS and protecting the hair well before relaxing, your not really changing much. It's also what you using for the MPS that helps too because when I use Redken in the blue jar, I noticed more breakage but when I used the MO keratin, my hair came out much better.

The transition for me was a lot of trial and error like any hair journey. It should also be something your willing to undergo. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

Last edited:
Back