Relaxed Hair Thread

how many days would you wait to relax if you went swimming in chlorinated water?

I have a swim class every weekday until friday but i really want to relax next sunday. I have to take some professional pics by the 22rd and i would prefer to do it after my relaxer.

how many days would you wait to relax if you went swimming in chlorinated water?

I have a swim class every weekday until friday but i really want to relax next sunday. I have to take some professional pics by the 22rd and i would prefer to do it after my relaxer.

ScorpioLove assuming you are going to wash, I would always wait at least 48 hrs after a wash to relax. Some on here have washed one day and relaxed the next. When I was a teenager, I relaxed with chlorine on my head :nono: :wallbash: Surprisingly my hair didn't fall out, but I wouldn't advise doing that.

My hair is one big puffy mess.

My swim class is on Sunday mornings but I go in for extra practice on Fridays. Normally I dont wash my hair until after the Sunday class :look: but since I need some clean hair for the komaza analysis and the swimming cap I used yesterday became a mess and 85% of my hair was drenched, I figured I'd do a wash with AsIAm Cleansing Pudding, after that used SSI Pom conditioner for a few mins then dracy's leave-in..airdry

just dry *** poofy mess..onlyt part that reminds me that Im a relaxhead is like an inch or so in the front is smooth..rest of the hair is like I havent seen a relaxer in years. (and Im just 6 weeks post!) Just a mess. anyway not gonna do anything since Im going to class tomorrow anyway aqnd will have to re-wash either way..then i will do a pre-poo then real DC with heat/steam and hopefully things go back to normal

cant wait til the touch-up in Sept. First time in years where Im cutting the strech back from 16 weeks-18weeks

Last edited:

I would wait a week. Just to be safe.

Be sure to clog your hair before you throw on a swim cap with Shea butter, oil, Vaseline, something to keep the chlorine from penetrating. And when you wash, try something that will remove the chlorine. Not all clarifiers do. And not all swimmers shampoos agree with relaxed hair.

When in doubt, wait it out. Hair growth takes time; Setbacks take seconds!

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

I hope it works for her. My poor low po hair suffered in silence when I used that stuff. My cousins got a free gift that day!

Saludable84, I'm low porosity as well. I will give it an honest try and if it's a fail, oh well, it's just a sample size.

i have a mizani clarifying and chelating shampoo i will use for the last wash before my relaxer. on a daily basis i'm just rinsing my hair will, adding conditioner, rinse, clarifying condish, rinse, moisturizing condish.

I'm trying to think of another hair option that doesn't require heat but is still realistic and pretty in pics

divachyk & Saludable84, thanks for y'all suggestion about adding salt to my conditioner. It worked like a charm. Y'all have saved my hair & saved me time. I thought I was going to have to spend the whole weekend with conditioner on my head.

the storm is over i am ending my 5 month stretch today man it has been rough I was trying to wait till next week but this leave out and new growth are going at eachother lol

I'm staying out or Random Hair Thoughts for a while. I'm really starting to think some of these girls say what say on purpose and honestly, its getting lame and tired.

I got a new sew in. Gonna have some fun with this! I also need to work on my beehive for when I start my uparts again. My hairstylist made it seem so simple. :ohwell:

Attachments

• image-2773121875.jpg
    image-2773121875.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 68
I'm staying out or Random Hair Thoughts for a while. I'm really starting to think some of these girls say what say on purpose and honestly, its getting lame and tired.

Bol!!!!! Hence why Im not renewing my subscription. Im so over the shade. Smh

:yep: pretty much

what didnt you like about the califa spray?(what did it do to your hair)

divachyk what didnt you like about Wen. I used Fig today and iut made my hair soft and shiny...havent made any real judgment yet but so far..not bad.

:yep: pretty much

what didnt you like about the califa spray?(what did it do to your hair)

divachyk what didnt you like about Wen. I used Fig today and iut made my hair soft and shiny...havent made any real judgment yet but so far..not bad.

I haven't used fig yet. It concerns me because it has wheat protein and it sometimes act like as a strengthened like a protein treatment. My hair is protein sensitive. FelaShrine

sigh I tried to make my mom telax my hair which was a FAIL! I need to learn how to self relax my was arguing with me saying what do I mean she should wash it out now whats the point your hair is going to break smh africans lol when I screamed for her to come wash it out the cold water pipe broke so she was trying to fix it by then I can see my hair was bone straight :(

my blood was boiling I was fuming lol and my mom saw it

^relaxed hair is lifeless and limp blah blahJudithO

divachyk you should def try Fig! I dont know which one you trried but I know a lot of relaxed heads hated Sweet Almond and Lavender.

I got it from Sephora so that in case i hate it i can promptly return it :yep:

^relaxed hair is lifeless and limp blah blahJudithO

divachyk you should def try Fig! I dont know which one you trried but I know a lot of relaxed heads hated Sweet Almond and Lavender.

I got it from Sephora so that in case i hate it i can promptly return it :yep:

FelaShrine, I will definitely try it. It's not WEN per se, it's the wheat protein. I know WEN is an awesome product but my hair sometimes gets finicky when it comes to wheat protein. My hair use to love Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner, now it's hit or miss. The product is awesome and I still love it and try to make it work, it's just the wheat protein content that sometimes causes the issue.

my mom relaxed my hair bone straight today but to my surprise it still looks thick my last relaxer my hair came out so limp and flat i just wanted to give up on my hair journey i didnt even want to wear my hair out but now I feel confident I have been taking hair infinity so it has aided in my hair thickness here this the pics
photo-21.JPG

august112.JPG

I saw this article online. http://relaxedredefined.blogspot.com/2011/05/well-duh-solving-mystery-of-my-thin.html What she is saying makes COMPLETE SENSE but would you wait until you reach your goal length to cut or go ahead and cut now since the ends are raggedy?

Depends on how raggedy. I thought mine were horrible until I flat ironed. I have bone straight ends, but they aren't horrible. Even uneven hair isnt bad if thats how the hair grows. If they are split and unsaveable, chop em. There are some things worth saving, but if the ends are tthhaatt bad, I would cut them. I have actually. And I'm talking I cut a years worth of growth just to rid them.

Anyone ever just relax their edges/leave-out?

I've been considering this too....I'm either going to start just relaxing my leave-out or go back to natural...My hair grows nicely with a relaxer but I just love the thickness of my hair when it's natural...I dunno :perplexed:perplexed

I can't wait to get my new hard top dryer. This soft bonnet dryer is not it.

That aussie hair insurance is a new staple, all of sudden my hair hates s- curl.

Back