Relaxed Hair Thread

I did a aphogee 2 step treatment a week before I'm supposed to relax...how soon after my relaxer can I do another one? Do I have to wait six weeks?

I did a aphogee 2 step treatment a week before I'm supposed to relax...how soon after my relaxer can I do another one? Do I have to wait six weeks?

I use medium treatments, so I do two weeks before and after a relaxer. When I did hard proteins, I'd just wait 4 weeks after a relaxer.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

I used some vo5 moisture miles and my hair feels drrry.

Well I'm gonna buy some hair inaurance to put in my rollerset bottle.

brownb83, how I use up crummy products --> mix some oil with it OR mix the product in with other products to create a DCing concotion. I do this often when I have 2 or 3 things that are almost done. I mix them all together. Did it last night and it worked great.

Okay, so I think I have a plan. I'll try cheating the day of and week after my relaxer. Also, add more moisture and see how it goes from there. If I'm still seeing the same breakage by the end of the year, I'll try switching to linange relaxer.

If you have any other suggestions for me, just send them my way ;)

Thanks so much for your help ladies!

I'm gonna be trying the lye one my next relaxer. I've been hearing it about it for years now.

As promised I got a few pics of my hair after texlaxed and flat ironed.

Before (6 months post)

image-3438637116.jpg

image-738474020.jpg

After

image-917567821.jpg

image-2486695829.jpg

image-3009572909.jpg

Please excuse my body fat :) that's my next goal lol

Ok ladies.... Here are some relaxed hair pictures from this weekend... Im 9 weeks post by the way... This was a satin pilow roller set... The first night I had the curls out... I came back that evening tired and just put it all in a bonnet... The next day, the curls had fallen so I just pinned them up... Please do not re-share as there are some family shots there....

https://plus.google.com/photos/1050...s/5908827261625531345?authkey=CJHsk_6ox5DPzwE

Ok ladies.... Here are some relaxed hair pictures from this weekend... Im 9 weeks post by the way... This was a satin pilow roller set... The first night I had the curls out... I came back that evening tired and just put it all in a bonnet... The next day, the curls had fallen so I just pinned them up... Please do not re-share as there are some family shots there....

https://plus.google.com/photos/105029704546172959110/albums/5908827261625531345?authkey=CJHsk_6ox5DPzwE

How's you do that style?

Freshly relaxed hair feels so good!! Now while I'm air drying, I gotta finish packing for my trip and eat a little something

Cut off 2 inches all around my head.

Under the dryer now no more cutting until FEB 2014.

I might step the rollersetting up to 3x a week though.

One more month until I relax!!!! I currently have protein overload, so I've been moisturizing & DC like crazy. If my hair still has too much protein by the time I relax then I'm going to postpone relaxing my hair. My goal is to get my hair back to balance & then use a mild protein a week before I relax.

How do y'all get rid of the protein overload?

One more month until I relax!!!! I currently have protein overload, so I've been moisturizing & DC like crazy. If my hair still has too much protein by the time I relax then I'm going to postpone relaxing my hair. My goal is to get my hair back to balance & then use a mild protein a week before I relax.

You can burn it off or add some salt to your DC.

I did a touch up with Linage relaxer and it came out pretty good. I was 11 weeks post I can now tell the difference in my hair texture and thickness from my Mizani no lye relaxer on the last 3 or 4 inches of hair and the roots down with the Linage relaxer. I have decided to take another 3 inches off to completely rid myself of the dry ends in December and start the new year fresh.

That neutralizing conditioner that is sold with relaxer, I have officially thrown it in the garbage. My hair is so feels so stripped and it tangles my hair badly. Enough is enough.

@pelohello, I blogged about adding salt into conditioner to break the protein bonds. I don't think I can post a link but check it out. It really, really works. I got the idea for @shortdub78 & the moisturizing mojo thread that is floating around LHCF. I will never wait it out again when I'm protein overloaded. Cowashing, DCing and baggying takes way to long to replenish moisture when my hair is far gone on protein. I will immediately reach for salt to save myself the breakage and frustration in future protein overload scenarios. Knowing salt breaks the bonds makes me not protein phobic because I know I have a quick fix if things go wrong.

The relaxer can get qet rid of it for u, But mix a tablespoon of salt with a cup of conditioner like tresemme naturals moisturizing condish. Peace that on for 15 mins and see where your hair. Is at

@pelohello, I blogged about adding salt into conditioner to break the protein bonds. I don't think I can post a link but check it out. It really, really works. I got the idea for @shortdub78 & the moisturizing mojo thread that is floating around LHCF. I will never wait it out again when I'm protein overloaded. Cowashing, DCing and baggying takes way to long to replenish moisture when my hair is far gone on protein. I will immediately reach for salt to save myself the breakage and frustration in future protein overload scenarios. Knowing salt breaks the bonds makes me not protein phobic because I know I have a quick fix if things go wrong.

I didn't see this! Lol

NaiyaAi

I get my best results on freshly washed, and air dried (without product), and detangled hair... I grab a small section, I use/moisturize with komaza care califa spray as a setting lotion cos it closes my cuticles, and makes my hair super shiny and soft. After rolling, I cover a bonnet, and sleep on it it overnight..... For tighter curls.. Tie a scarf or durag over the bonnet so it's snug..... Next morning or whenever I'm ready... take out the rollers, shake and go or style... Here I filmed a tutorial - mind you this was on 4 day hair that wasnt looking so great and I had M&S'd a few times... I still got decent results..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc8UqexFh9U

Well... Mine fell somewhat after 1 day, but I do not use any setting product.... only the califa spray to moisturize...However, I still have enough curls on day 2 and 3 for an updo... Look at this album linked below... The updo was on day 2... I didnt set the hair again, I just threw a bonnet over my head on day 1 and I tried different types on buns prior before I decided on the updo. ... ... It's so easy to put in and comfy to sleep in though... You can re-moisturize and set them under 10 minutes at night for brand new curls... My sister was able to maintain the curls in her hair by setting her hair nightly for 2 whole weeks.... She was using cantu lotion to moisturize/set and after 2 weeks she washed cos of all the build up...

https://plus.google.com/photos/1050...s/5908827261625531345?authkey=CJHsk_6ox5DPzwE

Jobwright

I get my best results on freshly washed, and air dried (without product), and detangled hair... I grab a small section, I use/moisturize with komaza care califa spray as a setting lotion cos it closes my cuticles, and makes my hair super shiny and soft. After rolling, I cover a bonnet, and sleep on it it overnight..... For tighter curls.. Tie a scarf or durag over the bonnet so it's snug..... Next morning or whenever I'm ready... take out the rollers, shake and go or style... Here I filmed a tutorial - mind you this was on 4 day hair that wasnt looking so great and I had M&S'd a few times... I still got decent results..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc8UqexFh9U
Your hair is absolutely beautiful!

Saludable84, here's the excerpt from my post:
With hesitation, I mixed 1 cup Tresemme, 1 tablespoon salt and couple dallops of honey. I let it sit for 2 hours and rinsed. My hair softened instantly. Breakage has calmed and my hair now has bounce. This is definitely a keeper!!!

Back