"Protective Stylin" for the last 3 months CHALLENGE!

Yes! Finally, a challenge I can get with. I'm transitioning, so protective styling is what I'm working with already :yawn:

- My protective style of choice is sewn-in weaves or cornrows with extensions
- I plan on PS-ing all three months
- I plan to adhere to the heat rules. Yes, but I'm still trying to figure out how to manage my hair without heat. How do I keep the roots from feeling rough afterwards?
- I plan to update every two weeks. Sounds good to me

I'm really looking forward to how this will turn out.

At the ends of my stretches, I like to do braid-outs and make an updo with them. Or I do a ponytail rollerset (you can get much better tension at the roots, so they straighten out more) and then I silk wrap afterwards. And then in between rollersets and braid-outs, I bun and use the scarf method.
I've never used a flat-iron and I threw out my curling irons and blow dryers in February, so I've been relying on scarves, rollersets and curly styles to hide my roots or keep them looking presentable. Or semi-presentable. :lachen:

Since you're transitioning, you probably have more ng to deal with, but maybe rollerseta and curly styles will help you too.

first update: i'm getting my sew-in tomorrow!! i'm so excited:grin:-here's to hoping it'll look nice...:look:

My PS for day 1. And I got to use my new clip :yay:
Excuse the frizzies these were taken 15 hours after doing the style on dry hair.

Attachments

• 10_01_09.JPG
    10_01_09.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 13
  • day1.JPG
    day1.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0197.JPG
    IMG_0197.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 13
Count me in! This is just what I needed!

-My protective styles of choice are: twists, braids, kinky twists.
-I will PS for ALL months
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules
-I will update at least once every two weeks.

Been wigging it up, I wear my 100% silk scarf under my wig, my hair is thriving and the rest of my stretch will be a breeze with this reggie.

I've been wigging it up too. I put my hair in four braids at night moisturize and seal put a scarf on at night, then in the morning put the wig on and go. I also cowash my hair every other day at night since it is getting cold now.

Hi,
I'd like to join, too. I did a major trim last week, so I'd like to retain as much healthy hair as possible during the challenge.

-My protective style of choice is Bun
-I will PS for 1, 2 or ALL months All Months
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules No heat at all
-I will update at least once every two weeks Yes

My First Update: I took my twist out and put it up in a bun. I will be posting a picture next wednesday of my current length. I already had a blow dry and flat iron scheduled, but I am not going to use up all my heat passes.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 11
My First Update: I took my twist out and put it up in a bun. I will be posting a picture next wednesday of my current length. I already had a blow dry and flat iron scheduled, but I am not going to use up all my heat passes.

BEAUTIFUL bun and texture! :gorgeous:

Hi, I've been lurking the site for about 4 months now and decided to join.
-My protective style of choice is: (buns for 1 month and braids the last 2 months
-I will PS for 1, 2 or ALL months: (All Months)
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules: Agree
-I will update at least once every two weeks: Will try to

Newbie here! Thanks for this fabulous challenge as I was wondering what to do with my NL hair 5 weeks post.lol.

-My protective style of choice is : cornrows under a wig
-I will PS for 1, 2 or ALL months: I will protective style for 3 mos.
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules: Fa sho!
-I will update at least once every two weeks: ok

Hi, I've been lurking the site for about 4 months now and decided to join.
-My protective style of choice is: (buns for 1 month and braids the last 2 months
-I will PS for 1, 2 or ALL months: (All Months)
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules: Agree
-I will update at least once every two weeks: Will try to

Welcome to LHCF:bighug:

I was gonna do this anyway, I'll join.

-My protective style of choice is: wigs (cornrows underneath)-I will PS for 1, 2 or ALL months: All Months
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules: Agreed-I will update at least once every two weeks: Agreed

Ok, I just wanted to share a little something something. I was at the BSS picking up some Elasta QP Mango Butter Moisturizer because a friend recommended it for laying down my edges with my buns. Well, I have been a little bummed because I have not been wearing my hair wild and free (I know only 3 days in). This lady buying a weave or a wig turns to me and says: you have beautiful thick hair. It just confirmed for me that no matter how I am wearing my hair, it is still beautiful (as long as I take care of it).

Ok, I just wanted to share a little something something. I was at the BSS picking up some Elasta QP Mango Butter Moisturizer because a friend recommended it for laying down my edges with my buns. Well, I have been a little bummed because I have not been wearing my hair wild and free (I know only 3 days in). This lady buying a weave or a wig turns to me and says: you have beautiful thick hair. It just confirmed for me that no matter how I am wearing my hair, it is still beautiful (as long as I take care of it).

:yep::yep::yep:

I'm IN!!

I plan on using heat (blow dry/flat iron) 1x per month for Nov & Dec. I already used heat for October. My hair will be in a bun or hair stick for the majority of the time. I'm only going to do "out" styles (i.e. braid outs/twist outs) for special occasions.

Count me in, I protective style with wigs. My goal is to keep my hair braided up for all three months underneath.

Update: I went swimming today, so I washed my hair and twisted it with afroveda cocolatte mask. ( love it!:grin:) and sealed with Amla oil. Hopefully these will last for at least 2 weeks.

I'm joining you *after* my birthday on Wednesday. Nothing but protective styling so that I can be full, healthy BSL by Christmas! :yep:

If its not too late I would like to join.

-My protective style of choice is: Buns, updos, twists and maybe braids
-I will PS for 1, 2 or ALL months: All 3 months
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules: Yep
-I will update at least once every two weeks: Yep

Last edited:
I'm down. I've been doing this since (at least) the beginning of Sept.

-My protective style of choice is braid-outs/twist-outs, or flexirod sets
-I will PS ALL Months
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules Yes
-I will update at least once every two weeks. Yes, but what does this entail (again)? I know you already answered, but I forgot what you said.

I'm in...

-My protective style of choice is buns,-and wigs
I will PS for ALL months
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules
-I will update at least once every two weeks...consistency is my biggest problem but I want to change before 2010 comes in

May i please join this challenge? I know I'm a tad bit late joining but, I've been protective styling since August. If you do decide to let me join :) :

-My protective style of choice is: bun secured with goody cody claw clips
-I will PS for 1, 2 or ALL months: all 3 months!
-I promise to adhere to the heat rules: of course, i only airdry here lately
-I will update at least once every two weeks. yes, i'll stop by the thread & tell whether or not i'm keeping my commitment.

Back