~~~Pop Your Bra Strap Ladies 2007~~~

Hey Ladies :wave:

Just an update... I got my hair straightened and I am just about there (check the siggy). In two weeks or so I'm going to get a touch up... I don't think I need much of a trim so I'll ask her to give me a dusting if necessary. Hopefully I won't lose much of my progress. :)

Ladies I think it is time to check in. Thanks for all the comments you are all leaving. Yes if you want to join in do so.

I've been seeing good progress, keep up the good work!!!!!

Remember POP YOUR BRA STRAP LADIES!!!!!

Thanks OneInAMillion.... I'm really really close, but I'm not sure I can claim till its gets past the brastrap right. This shirt is teeny bit higher than my bra.

I am doing pretty good. I have a few hairs that touch the bra strap but I will not claim it until my hair fully touch that strap! I set a goal month of May. I think I can comfortably say I am there then.

ohsosuzy said:
Hey Ladies :wave:

Just an update... I got my hair straightened and I am just about there (check the siggy). In two weeks or so I'm going to get a touch up... I don't think I need much of a trim so I'll ask her to give me a dusting if necessary. Hopefully I won't lose much of my progress. :)

ooooh NICE!!! I was rooting for you to get there!!!! You will definitely be safely all BSL soon with no worries! Please take pics after the touch up and dusting :clap:

Letitia said:
I am doing pretty good. I have a few hairs that touch the bra strap but I will not claim it until my hair fully touch that strap! I set a goal month of May. I think I can comfortably say I am there then.

:wave:Hey Ladies! See, until a few days ago, I was in the same position as Letitia. But around february 22nd, I got full of myself and just wanted to flaunt my hair and enjoy all the progress I had made. Things were going great! lol. My U was just a few centimeters away from my brastrap. But from wearing it out everyday (for a whole month!) and getting a dominican blowout every other week, my ends became damaged:eek: . They were just not looking good; I was fighting the urge to take some scissors to my own hair. Yep, that bad! Anyways, I decided to get a touchup today and to get my ends dusted...well, let's just say that I am back at APL (I'm exaggerating, bear w/ me). And my scalp is sore from the burns:cry:. My hair looks fuller, which is great, but I am now paying for my vanity:ohwell:

I've been so lazy lately, so I promise from this day forward to go back to taking my vitamins and drinking carrot juice. No more heat for me. I will keep my ends tucked away and cover my hair when I am at home. I promise to stop playing in my hair and to start following my regimen...:yep: Sorry for the rant.

Last edited:
Nuelle said:
:wave:Hey Ladies! See, until a few days ago, I was in the same position as Letitia. But around february 22nd, I got full of myself and just wanted to flaunt my hair and enjoy all the progress I had made. Things were going great! lol. My U was just a few centimeters away from my brastrap. But from wearing it out everyday (for a whole month!) and getting a dominican blowout every other week, my ends became damaged:eek: . They were just not looking good; I was fighting the urge to take some scissors to my own hair. Yep, that bad! Anyways, I decided to get a touchup today and to get my ends dusted...well, let's just say that I am back at APL (I'm exaggerating, bear w/ me). And my scalp is sore from the burns:cry:. My hair looks fuller, which is great, but I am now paying for my vanity:ohwell:

I've been so lazy lately, so I promise from this day forward to go back to taking my vitamins and drinking carrot juice. No more heat for me. I will keep my ends tucked away and cover my hair when I am at home. I promise to stop playing in my hair and to start following my regimen...:yep: Sorry for the rant.

Your hair still look great Nuelle. As for me, I need 3 1/2 inches to be brastrap. I'm currently 6 weeks post with a nice amt of ng so when I relax I should be a little closer:) I was aiming for June to be bs so we'll see:) my hair grows faster in the warmer months, so I pray to bs by June.

ETA: As of April 1 with hair freshly relaxed, I need roughly 2.5 inches to be full brastrap:-)

Last edited:
cat eyes said:
Ladies I think it is time to check in. Thanks for all the comments you are all leaving. Yes if you want to join in do so.

I've been seeing good progress, keep up the good work!!!!!

Remember POP YOUR BRA STRAP LADIES!!!!!

Your hair is FIERCE in your siggy;) you're just a pretty lady (I'm not funny or anything just sayin):lol:

Cateyes, glad to see you! "Progress" I'll say. Girl you look like you're already there with all those LONG curls. :)

Ohsosuzy: Looking good. Just a smidge more, and you'll have that bsl!

Letitia: The hair, and the artwork in your siggy are both beeutiful. :)

Ladies, you are all doing so well. Keep up the good work, and we'll all be Poppin those brastraps THIS year.

As for me, I'm doing well also. No update pics until the end of April, but my hair is a bit longer than it was in my Jan. pics. I'd love to be mid-back (covering the whole brastrap) by the end of the year...... but I'm jumping ahead. *slapping self back to reality* :D

I still have a little ways to go but I haven't measured so I can't say how many inches fro sure. I'm currently 20 weeks post and plan to get a touchup either this week or next so I'll give a better update then.

I can't tell how close I am. I didn't think it had grew at all until RainbowCurls did the comparison pc for me! Hopefully, I make it by July...it doesn't seem like such a long length anymore...just kidding..off to ohsosuzy and cateyes' album

Last edited:
GoldenBreeze said:
Cateyes, glad to see you! "Progress" I'll say. Girl you look like you're already there with all those LONG curls. :)

Ohsosuzy: Looking good. Just a smidge more, and you'll have that bsl!

Letitia: The hair, and the artwork in your siggy are both beeutiful. :)

Ladies, you are all doing so well. Keep up the good work, and we'll all be Poppin those brastraps THIS year.

As for me, I'm doing well also. No update pics until the end of April, but my hair is a bit longer than it was in my Jan. pics. I'd love to be mid-back (covering the whole brastrap) by the end of the year...... but I'm jumping ahead. *slapping self back to reality* :D

Thanks GoldenBreeze

Nuelle said:

Your hair is beautiful.

I will wear mine down for this week only. (since I just got it relaxed) I will go back to proctective styles until May 3. (a wedding to attend) Then I will keep it up until July.

*Oh, I will have take it down at the end of May to check for progress.

buttaflye03 said:
I still have a little ways to go but I haven't measured so I can't say how many inches fro sure. I'm currently 20 weeks post and plan to get a touchup either this week or next so I'll give a better update then.

20 weeks. WOW! I can't make 16 yet!
Let us know your update.

Thanks tsmith for the encouragement. I'm sure you'll be there in no time. Your hair looks great. My hair is somewhat layered and I wear my bra a little low, so I think I need about the same number of inches to cover my brastrap. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Thanks Letitia. Your hair is beautiful as well. I think I got a little bit too happy. I've been wearing a bun religiously since 2005 really. I was getting bored; I kinda went overboard:look:. A girl needs to have fun sometimes. Oh well, it's back to wearing the bun.

I'm really glad to hear everyone's doing so well. Keep on ladies! ;)

Nuelle said:
Thanks tsmith for the encouragement. I'm sure you'll be there in no time. Your hair looks great. My hair is somewhat layered and I wear my bra a little low, so I think I need about the same number of inches to cover my brastrap. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Thanks Letitia. Your hair is beautiful as well. I think I got a little bit too happy. I've been wearing a bun religiously since 2005 really. I was getting bored; I kinda went overboard:look:. A girl needs to have fun sometimes. Oh well, it's back to wearing the bun.

I'm really glad to hear everyone's doing so well. Keep on ladies! ;)

Absolutely, you have to fun with your hair sometimes. Bun wearing has really paid off for you. Judging Ffrom your pics, you did not do any real damage. Your have still looks good.

GoldenBreeze said:
Absolutely, you have to fun with your hair sometimes. Bun wearing has really paid off for you. Judging Ffrom your pics, you did not do any real damage. Your have still looks good.

Thanks GoldenBreeze :wink2: I'll try to be good. lol.

Awww thanks ladies for all the wonderful comments. Its so nice for to have you guys to share my milestones with. :)

I think I'm almost there. Its so hard to judge b/c my bra's ride up...so I have to imagine where BSL really is. I'm 10 weeks post in the siggy pic and my ends may need a teensy tiny trim but I'm not trimming until June when I relax for the 2nd time this year. My first relaxer is due now but I'm pushing it b/c I haven't been having any issues stretching so far.

ETA: So many gorgeous heads in this thread.

Im almost at full APL. I have about 3.5 inches to go before Im at Full BSL. I hope Im there by my year anniversary in Oct 2007. I said I was going to do the C&G method for the year but I feel like I can take better care of my hair out of braids. Im going to keep these in until mid-april then I will be ready for some more progress pics.

Last edited:
soun said:
I would like to join too, I was in the 2006 brastrap challenge but failed, I'm almost brastrap (few of my strands when streched are brastrap) but I will officially be at BS, prayfully by april 07!

I'm touching the top of bra strap with my longest stretched layer now, I made a mistake in my previous prevision :nono: it's not Bra Strap yet, I think I'll reach full brastrap officially by december 2007 (Mid Back stretched), .......:bud: so let's grooooow:antlers: !

soun said:

I'm touching the top of bra strap with my longest stretched layer now, I made a mistake in my previous prevision :nono: it's not Bra Strap yet, I think I'll reach full brastrap officially by december 2007 (Mid Back stretched), .......:bud: so let's grooooow:antlers: !

Soun, don't worry, you'll be there before Dec. 2007. Just keep up the good care regimen, and you will achieve your goal. HHG:D

ETA: We haven't even finished the first session of bootcamp yet.

GoldenBreeze said:
Soun, don't worry, you'll be there before Dec. 2007. Just keep up the good care regimen, and you will achieve your goal. HHG:D

ETA: We haven't even finished the first session of bootcamp yet.

Thank you sweet lady:kiss:, you made my day,thank you :)

senimoni said:
I think I'm almost there. Its so hard to judge b/c my bra's ride up...so I have to imagine where BSL really is. I'm 10 weeks post in the siggy pic and my ends may need a teensy tiny trim but I'm not trimming until June when I relax for the 2nd time this year. My first relaxer is due now but I'm pushing it b/c I haven't been having any issues stretching so far.

ETA: So many gorgeous heads in this thread.

Great progress girl!!!!!!:clap:

Oh my ladies!!!! Yeah I see wonderful process. I was a little down with my process, but you guys have lifited me up:)

Soun- do not be down will still have until 12/07!!!!
Summa bliss- cool that you are in!!!
senimoni-are you there already??? I think so!!!!
Cholet112- I can't wait to see your progress pictures.

I'm late...but count me in. I'm transitioning but I'm about an inch from BSL. I think I will be able to get there by June. I think I will be BSL sooner but I'm cutting my relaxed ends off little by little.

Back