Paying Bills And Marriage

I haven't been here very long... But it seems to me that one group of women in these threads always seem to feel attacked or be doing the attacking. In these kind of threads, they always seem so offended by other people's realities and perspectives.

still dont understand why people are offended that some people find the dude in the OP to be a miser and dont want that type of a relationship. why people felt the need to take that personally is beyond me. I skipped most of the thread as im sure i didnt miss anything anyway other than usual unicorn shade and the like.

Personally I dont get how anyone can see what dude is doing as being normal but maybe im not meant to understand and that's fine. The whole extra bs is just unnecessary IMO.

To get back to conversing, in my personal experience, I have found men do way more for me when they know what I am capable of doing for myself.

How has it been for you ladies?

What is unicorn shade?

How posters start calling people unicorns when they get mad about someone else's life.

I said earlier that I've never seen anyone in this board act like their lives are perfect, but for some reason, that seems to be how it's taken around here.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using LHCF

The truth hurts. Some people arent okay with having their lifestyle choice criticized, especially if they surround themselves with likeminded people. It's like people can't entertain the thought that their way isnt the only way. I'm not knocking women with differing lifestyle choices, if it wets their willy than its fine by me. The problem is...some people are saying that other persons' SO's are less than men becuase they dont do as their man does. People cant seem to seperate their wants from what others may want. That is insulting, and that is why some people are on the defensive.

But that's just it. We are all unique individuals who measure manliness in different ways. So maybe in someone's view your man shouldn't be okay with his wife working 8 hours at half the rate that he is getting, then insist on splitting bills. You still don't need to get angry about that. You have a different dynamic that isn't rooted in tradition, and there's no reason to go to battle with someone who is doing it a different way.

A lot of the women who posted in here have solid careers so I don't know where the working woman shame is supposedly coming from.

I also don't know how the conversation turned into "I like to know that I can do for myself" since again, many of the women in here are doing just that. They're just not being nickel and dimed by their partner either. If their SO/FH/DH leaves, they still have whatever settlements they are entitled to, in addition to their own careers.

Some of you were crying about feeling insulted and then turned around and thanked some of the most egregious posts in this thread. Interesting. :yawn:

So is there a proper way to use the thanks button?

:look:

I don't see how it was any "less" necessary than anything else that was said here.

I'd say I read 95% of this long *** thread- I started on Friday. I didn't see anything as personal as what you wrote. What's your beef? It didn't have to go that far, but hey, whatever floats your boat. I guess.

So what exactly is a unicorn??

Is it any married woman on this board who prefers a man who pays majority/or all of the bills?

Is it any married woman on this board who prefers a man who pays majority/or all of the bills?

If you are not ready to toil the toil, you are a unicorn. Apparently the default for black women should be toiling the toiling. :lol:

I find this so laughable. I wish her insults were true so I can feel pained, but I can't. Maybe it is the high from the color run I just finished. I have purple hair I don't want to wash off.

Not sure. But it's not just marriage threads. I haven't read the abortion thread all the way, but if it hasn't come up there, it probably will. I guess a unicorn is a person who is able to succeed at something other people find out of most people's reach? I don't know.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using LHCF

There is so much doublespeak in this thread it is impossible to respond to it all. So after being called out, people want to flip flop on what they said in this very thread. And then the troops want to start running in because I dared to call into question Rules 8-35 of The LHCF Basic Broads Handbook for Snagging the Baller of Your Dreams.

Pathetic.

anyone who isnt suffering like a typical negro

In other words anything that a black person does/believes/lives his/her life that is in anyway close to what is considered more of a "white" thing.

for instance not throwing kids in daycare is oyibo thing, black mothers who dont do it are unicorns, etc

or only considering a man with a degree ..again unicorn life

ETA I used oyibo cos when I used yt, for some reason it was blanked out..are we no longer allowed to use word "white" anymore.

various examples

What has this thread done to you? :lol:

It has been so dry here lately. We needed something to add some spice.

For real though. Y'all might hate me now, but this is more interesting than most threads we've had around here lately.

Unlike most women with opinions and lifestyle that deviate from LHCF dogma, I won't be run off until I'm ready.

I look forward to stimulating more discussions and ruffling a few more feathers :)

This thread.:lol::lol::lol:
It seemed so innocent in the beginning but now feelings are getting caught, earrings and pearl necklaces have come off.

For real though. Y'all might hate me now, but this is more interesting than most threads we've had around here lately.

Unlike most women with opinions and lifestyle that deviate from LHCF dogma, I won't be run off until I'm ready.

I look forward to stimulating more discussions and ruffling a few more feathers :)
Nah, I just thanked you in another thread. I can't be bothered with e-grudges. Ain't nobody got time for that. :lol:

A lot of the women who posted in here have solid careers so I don't know where the working woman shame is supposedly coming from.

I also don't know how the conversation turned into "I like to know that I can do for myself" since again, many of the women in here are doing just that. They're just not being nickel and dimed by their partner either. If their SO/FH/DH leaves, they still have whatever settlements they are entitled to, in addition to their own careers.

You are reducing the entire thread's argument to "being nickel and dimed".

And yes, marriages or relationships where women contributed financially equally or almost equally were being ridiculed.

Personal ideas about what makes a "real man" were being thrown around willy nilly.

We are all adults. There is diversity in doing many things, whether we are talking about sex, friendship, relationships and marriage. Diversity is good.

Back