Paying Bills And Marriage

I'm mad grown women cant even begin to entertain both sides of the arguement. I'm mad people are taking it personally.:lol: There is no reason for this to be 30+ pages long. If you dont like the arrangement dont have it. It's not that hard. While I enjoy the entertainment...I wonder.

I'm mad grown women cant even begin to entertain both sides of the arguement. I'm mad people are taking it personally.:lol: There is no reason for this to be 30+ pages long. If you dont like the arrangement dont have it. It's not that hard. While I enjoy the entertainment...I wonder.
Oh, but I have entertained it. That's how I know I disagree. :yep:

The guy in the OP is a miser and was nickel and diming his future spouse.

Ain't nothing wrong with a woman who works and contributes her pay.

Ain't nothing wrong with a woman who works and keeps her pay for herself/kids/ groceries/ etc.

Ain't nothing wrong with a woman who doesn't work and has her husband pay 100% of the bills- I will say that she does need to have some kind of education/hustle/keep herself in shape, whatever for this arrangement.

There is something ABSOLUTELY wrong with a man who doesn't want equal or more than what he gets for himself than for his wife NO MATTER what she does or doesn't contribute.

A man's wife should be his precious pearl and needs to be treated as such- no matter if she works 80 hours a week or stays home. They are one body so, why does he want his behind to have more? A man who is stingy with his wife to the benefit of himself (I'm not talking debt reduction or agreed upon budget) is a dangerous man and should be avoided at all cost.

And entertain me, what is the purpose of YOUR post again?

There's an app for that. :yep:

apps-reading-comp.jpg

Mucho jealous! Our run isn't until the 5th

It was so much fun! We got sprayed with pink, blue, yellow, and orange along the route and purple at the finish party. I followed tips to oil hair and take advantage of the blower before leaving to clean up has been pretty good.

I used a co cleanser and it washed out pretty easily.

Back to normal

Attachments

• image-2582433483.jpg
    image-2582433483.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
A man's wife should be his precious pearl and needs to be treated as such- no matter if she works 80 hours a week or stays home. They are one body so, why does he want his behind to have more? A man who is stingy with his wife to the benefit of himself (I'm not talking debt reduction or agreed upon budget) is a dangerous man and should be avoided at all cost.

tumblr_m2ar91SntU1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

To be fair...one reason the thread is so long is because some of you don't like that others don't want that arrangement for themselves. It can't just be about Yardy's post because she's long gone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using LHCF

The guy in the OP is a miser and was nickel and diming his future spouse.

Ain't nothing wrong with a woman who works and contributes her pay.

Ain't nothing wrong with a woman who works and keeps her pay for herself/kids/ groceries/ etc.

Ain't nothing wrong with a woman who doesn't work and has her husband pay 100% of the bills- I will say that she does need to have some kind of education/hustle/keep herself in shape, whatever for this arrangement.

There is something ABSOLUTELY wrong with a man who doesn't want equal or more than what he gets for himself than for his wife NO MATTER what she does or doesn't contribute.

There you have it!

To be fair...one reason the thread is so long is because some of you don't like that others don't want that arrangement for themselves. It can't just be about Yardy's post because she's long gone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using LHCF

I dont mind if others dont like the arrangement. If they don't like it it doesnt affect my livelihood in anyway. Their life, their choice.

What was Yardy's post...?:lol: I don't remember. Is Yardy the yardstick we must measure ourselves by? If so her name is rather appropriate.

I think some people find this statement itself insulting and wrong. From what I gather (or care to remember), some people would prefer that you state your preference without "insulting" other husbands or marriages in which the woman is expected to contribute. I find this expectation to be utterly ridiculous. Some people want their life choices to be validated by random people on the internet. :drunk:

I dont mind if others dont like the arrangement. If they don't like it it doesnt affect my livelihood in anyway. Their life, their choice.

What was Yardy's post...?:lol: I don't remember. Is Yardy the yardstick we must measure ourselves by? If so her name is rather appropriate.

I dunno people were saying they felt attacked by saying something about a real man takes care of his family, I believe yardys post was the only one along those lines.

Btw I think any man regardless of his economic status who doesn't believe it's his duty to to care of his family regardless of wife's financial contribution is a loser.

I think some people find this statement itself insulting and wrong. From what I gather (or care to remember), some people would prefer that you state your preference without "insulting" other husbands or marriages in which the woman is expected to contribute. I find this expectation to be utterly ridiculous. Some people want their life choices to be validated by random people on the internet. :drunk:

But on the other hand why do some people feel the need to insult or put down the lives of random people on the Internet?

There's blame on both sides for why this thread escalated.

But on the other hand why do some people feel the need to insult or put down the lives of random people on the Internet?

There's blame on both sides for why this thread escalated.
But people were responding to the OP. That's both appropriate and expected. It's when people started getting butthurt at the responses that this thread started to go left.

I dunno people were saying they felt attacked by saying something about a real man takes care of his family, I believe yardys post was the only one along those lines.

Btw I think any man regardless of his economic status who doesn't believe it's his duty to to care of his family regardless of wife's financial contribution is a loser.

So I have a question for you. If a man is a schoolteacher and he makes $40,000 a year and he marries a woman lawyer who makes $100,000+ a year, how do you suggest he takes care of his family regardless of his wife's financial contribution?

Just curious.

^^^:lol:

I'm laughing because my SO alluded to something very similar. I always wondered why many women here would take some people's words are gospel and their marriages as the prototype of what we should all aspire.

But if some people don't have a real example of a functional relationship to follow, then a lady on the forum is the next best thing, I suppose. :lol:

I always find it weird when people were like "I wish so and so would weigh in on this", or "we really need to hear from so and so". And the crazy thing is, it will be on some legitimately important topics, like choosing a spouse, or marriage difficulties, or raising children. I wonder what happens to their relationships in the interim, while they're waiting for her to respond to a thread. :sad:

The part of my quote that is cut off states that there is nothing wrong with a woman who works and contributes her pay. Absolutely nothing. What I said was that there IS something wrong with a man who wants more for himself than for his wife and if that is an insult, I'm sorry.

I would have more respect for the man in the OP if they had the percentage agreement and they BOTH got $400 dollars a month- what is so wrong with that??

I think the problem is when people start to e-imply that someone elses mate isnt a real man becuase they don't shoulder the entire or even majority of the burden. That's insulting. I beleive a man should feel that it is his duty to take care of his family but that if a wife is working something should go towards household things. And lets be real, the couple in the OP are dating. DATING. I would not want to live with a man that is not my husband and not pay something, even if its just a smidge, thats odd to me. I'm communal like that though. We all live here, so everyone chips in.:lol::lol: It is insulting for a man to work his butt off, slaving to cover any and everything while a woman works and doesnt put anything in the pot but is consistently taking out. Not saying anyone in the thread lives that life but ...its just odd to me. If the husband is taking care of the big things the wife should respectfully cover the others, like kid stuff, groceries and the like. If the wife isnt working of course the husband will pay it all.

In regards to the OP, he makes more so he gets more. I'll be darned if I skim off some of my check to give to you so we are "even". Nah, not gonna happen. There will be a joint account and once the allotted amount has been drained you are done.

My preference, we both pay in the most equitable way possible. It's not for everyone though.

So I have a question for you. If a man is a schoolteacher and he makes $40,000 a year and he marries a woman lawyer who makes $100,000+ a year, how do you suggest he takes care of his family regardless of his wife's financial contribution?

Just curious.

He'd better get on the corner and work!!

I mean, but its people dont even have a man insulted about what people said about this (OP) man....That explanation still isnt cutting it.

Just curious.

Into the pot it goes and they both get equal spending money.

And if she's working crazy, high-powered law firm hours, then he better dang sure be helping out at home.

Back