OFFICIAL APL CHALLENGE UPDATES

Wishin4BSL said:
I forgot about this thread! Well I made it ladies! Thanks for the challenge! Onto BSL for me. For those who haven't made it, keep hope alive! It's definitely possible if I can do it! Be STRONG! Keep those regimens strict and keep to those other challenges, too.

Congratulations, I saw your progress pic already and came into the this thread and put achieved next to your name. My goal is acknowledge everyone who reach APL so we can see who all have made it APL...In the event that I graduate and move on to BSL...I hope someone will take over this Challenge and keep it going:)

Blkbeautyhair said:
Ladies I am in need of some encouragement here. I'm less than half an inch away from APL BUT only in the front and on the sides. The back of my hair? Well that's another story entirely. I've had some issues with breakage and thinning in the center of my hair. I thought I had it under control but against my better judgement after my last touch-up in September I started wrapping my hair again. Knowing full well that wrapping caused breakage and thinning before but I figured "hey I'm a new quest to healthy hair. I'm following the rules I've learned on LHCF so I should be ok." BIG! BIG mistake. Ladies if you know something has not and does not work for you don't push it. My problem area has grown and I want to cry so badly cause i'm so pissed! The back of my hair is thinning and it's barely past shoulder length. Now I'm pretty sure the wrapping has not helped but now I'm wondering if i should stop bunning it too. Especially since I wear my buns kinda low. And I was wrapping and bunning every day since September. I was also bunning everyday this summer but I was not wrapping and I was airdrying. I'm confused. Needless to say I did a braidout on Thursday and then I washed and set my hair this weekend after a DC. Now I'm trying not to comb it but every other day this week and I'm wearing it out in a loose curl pattern praying that no one is all up in my hair and will be able to tell. I'm scared to bun it cause I don't want to apply any tension to that area for fear that it will continue to thin and get shorter and shorte. I guess I know now where the hair I was losing when I combed (and I thought I was doing good since the hair lose had decreased a lot) was coming from. So much for reaching APL by the end of the year. Oh I guess the front and sides will be there but the back is a hot mess. I may have to break my PJ challenge and buy me some Ojon hair thickner cause this is not cute and I'm so freaking angry!

Wrapping your hair is a big :nono: and you also said that you think your buns are breaking your hair. R U wearing your buns tight and also have you considered moving the buns on differents sides and positions. I want to say DC your hair every 3 days to make your hair stronger (that's what I do) and it's helping ALOT....have patience and you will get over this hump..R you sure it's the buns that's causing breakage and do you baggie?:)

I just thought I would check in to be consistent and accountable :).

My goal is APL by my birthday in May '07. I want to be full shoulder by next month. I plan to have pictures by then.

Well my shorter layered pieces at the crown, bangs and sides are growing out so that it is looking more and more even. It feels much stronger and thicker. I am having practically no breakage and I am getting my routine pinned down. I am feeling much more confident about what is working for me. I am considering a dusting next month, but I am a little nervous about shears near my head:eek:. But I think I should do it definately by late January.

I will touch base again next month with comparison pictures.

Happy hair growing to all in the challenge! Congratulations to those who have made it and especially to those who made it before they thought they would!

Royal Glory said:
I just thought I would check in to be consistent and accountable :).

My goal is APL by my birthday in May '07. I want to be full shoulder by next month. I plan to have pictures by then.

Well my shorter layered pieces at the crown, bangs and sides are growing out so that it is looking more and more even. It feels much stronger and thicker. I am having practically no breakage and I am getting my routine pinned down. I am feeling much more confident about what is working for me. I am considering a dusting next month, but I am a little nervous about shears near my head:eek:. But I think I should do it definately by late January.

I will touch base again next month with comparison pictures.

Happy hair growing to all in the challenge! Congratulations to those who have made it and especially to those who made it before they thought they would!

You seem to have everything ON POINT...Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see comparison pictures:)

tsmith said:
Congratulations, I saw your progress pic already and came into the this thread and put achieved next to your name. My goal is acknowledge everyone who reach APL so we can see who all have made it APL...In the event that I graduate and move on to BSL...I hope someone will take over this Challenge and keep it going:)

Girl....someone will....:lol: :lol:

I want u to peep this lil blast from the past
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=44723&highlight=shoulder%2Farmpit+challenge

*I've been trying to get there for a year of Sundays....but I feel next spring/summer, at the latest, is finally my time of transition. I claim it;)

I'm officially withdrawing. :( I had to cut it. It looked terrible. I'm above APL now, w/ no hope of making it by December. But best wish to you guys. I know you can do it!

sareca said:
I'm officially withdrawing. :( I had to cut it. It looked terrible. I'm above APL now, w/ no hope of making it by December. But best wish to you guys. I know you can do it!

Did I miss something....I thought the challenge was for whenever you got there...:confused:

sareca said:

Right,

I agree with Mona there is no definitely date to achieving your hair goal this challenge is for WHENEVER you make it...you got there once and you will get there again...you probably get it right back on your next touch up soooo get on back in here and recant that statement (((hugs)))

tsmith said:
Man Mona that's a long arse thread....so you been doing it for a minute...huh?...well I'm sure that you're closer now than you was then:p

tsmith....I had the thinnest hair....it's still thin and fine...but it's way thicker than it was last year...it's like first the damaged situation got better - then...it finally started getting a lil bit thicker....

I got to pretty much apl on the right and left side in the spring time...but the middle wouldn't grow....the Stylist...cut...both the right and left side so it would be even with the middle
*that one hurt, I'm not even ashamed to say it:(

So now....fiiiiiiiiiinallly....a sister is getting a little length...*my ish grows .0823945 inches per month* and apl is definitely within reach now if I don't have any set backs...*fingers crossed*

but anyhoo...yeah....someone will carry the apl thread torch onward...after we've moved on....:lol:

MonaLisa said:
tsmith....I had the thinnest hair....it's still thin and fine...but it's way thicker than it was last year...it's like first the damaged situation got better - then...it finally started getting a lil bit thicker....

I got to pretty much apl on the right and left side in the spring time...but the middle wouldn't grow....the Stylist...cut...both the right and left side so it would be even with the middle
*that one hurt, I'm not even ashamed to say it:(

So now....fiiiiiiiiiinallly....a sister is getting a little length...*my ish grows .0823945 inches per month* and apl is definitely within reach now if I don't have any set backs...*fingers crossed*

but anyhoo...yeah....someone will carry the apl thread torch onward...after we've moved on....:lol:

Girl,

You'll get there and knowing me..I'll still check out the threads to make sure it's still around:)

Mona you an aries..when is ya b-day? Mines April 17

Last edited:
tsmith said:
Girl,

You'll get there and knowing me..I'll still check out the threads to make sure it's still around:)

;) :lol:

*tsmith, one of dem tick haired chicks...
*can't stand ya'll:lol: make me feel like dis...

Telly%20Savalas.jpg

tsmith said:
Girl,

Mona you an aries..when is ya b-day? Mines April 17

Stop ittttttttttttttt....
my girl...who I consider my baby sis, is my partner in crime...that's her birthday as well, mine's is the next day, the 18th!!!

Oooh tsmith......
*whispers like the tall Ying Yang twin*

"You must be a freak!":eek: :sekret:

BabyGurl, is another Aries sistah....I told her we need more on the board

*Aries Power.....ACTIVATE!!*:lol:

Okay....now back to our regular thread programming :growing hair to armpit length...:look:

tsmith said:
Mona you look like you only need about 1-2 inches:)

I'm looking for 3 more inches all around, front and back before I claim anything - there will be no disputing, guessing or questioning...my arse took too long to get there...I will relish in it when I do, like a thirsty crackhead to a peach ice tea snapple

Until I get the 3 inches....I'm officially on the APL hustle and grind...;)

MonaLisa said:
Stop ittttttttttttttt....
my girl...who I consider my baby sis, is my partner in crime...that's her birthday as well, mine's is the next day, the 18th!!!

Oooh tsmith......
*whispers like the tall Ying Yang twin*

"You must be a freak!":eek: :sekret:

BabyGurl, is another Aries sistah....I told her we need more on the board

*Aries Power.....ACTIVATE!!*:lol:

Okay....now back to our regular thread programming :growing hair to armpit length...:look:

Girl,

I noticed the aries sign in your siggy and you're funny as he** and girl I'm a clown myself...I mean I show out:lachen: and my SO bday is April 14 so both of us together girl...I'll just say there's never a dull moment in our house...be it arguing:lachen: or joking or umm...errr:grin: my daughter's friends just love me so much...okay back on topic:)

tsmith said:
Girl,

I noticed the aries sign in your siggy and you're funny as he** and girl I'm a clown myself...I mean I show out:lachen: and my SO bday is April 14 so both of us together girl...I'll just say there's never a dull moment in our house...be it arguing:lachen: or joking or umm...errr:grin: my daughter's friends just love me so much...okay back on topic:)

Wowwwwwwwww....I always wanted to be with an Aries man just to have an idea of what it must like to be with myself...:look: Your house must be a TRIP!!!!:lachen: Girl....I know you are loved! Most folks love me as well...but if you hate me....ask me if I care? :look: :lol:

I have to get an apl related statement in this post --

You feelin like you gonna make it in December for APL? Don't want you to put pressure on your hair follicles like dat! That is hair stress...we can't have that!:lol:

MonaLisa said:
Wowwwwwwwww....I always wanted to be with an Aries man just to have an idea of what it must like to be with myself...:look: Your house must be a TRIP!!!!:lachen: Girl....I know you are loved! Most folks love me as well...but if you hate me....ask me if I care? :look: :lol:

I have to get an apl related statement in this post --

You feelin like you gonna make it in December for APL? Don't want you to put pressure on your hair follicles like dat! That is hair stress...we can't have that!:lol:

Actually, yah Mona, I only need like 1 inch..and no you do not want an aries man because we are so much alike...yah I'm loved but when we mad girl we lock horns...but in order to make it work one has to give in and it's usually me but sometimes I'm like hellz naw chomp...you wrong, you wrong..but it's never boring..I tell ya..been together for six years...okay we high jacking our thread:lachen:

tsmith said:
Actually, yah Mona, I only need like 1 inch..and no you do not want an aries man because we are so much alike...yah I'm loved but when we mad girl we lock horns...but in order to make it work one has to give in and it's usually me but sometimes I'm like hellz naw chomp...you wrong, you wrong..but it's never boring..I tell ya..been together for six years...okay we high jacking our thread:lachen:

Say word.....aiight...aiiight....
the hair streets will be watchin.....:sekret: and waitin.... :sekret:

Damn, Dreamgirls is coming out....and tsmith making APL in December...:Flahsssss:Flahsssss
:lol:

tsmith said:
Congratulations on deciding to go natural:)
Thanks I am excited and scared all at the same time. The last time I was natural I was 7, so I dont know what the hell I gonna end up with.lol I still want to know though.

I haven't updated since...ever. So here we go, my goal is APL by my 21st birthday (2/26) Currently the shortest layers are at my chin, bangs are past my nose (thank God), the middle layers are at my collar bone, and the longest layer is a couple inches past my shoulder. It looks like I need two inches to reach APL at my longest layer. I'm not sure if I'll be there by february, but I'll be close.

Ms_Twana said:
Congrats on going natural, and on making APL with some areas!!! And I feel ya, because I'm currently transitioning for an undetermined amount of time. I know that I will BC at some point, and I'll have to start over too. Hopefully I will reach APL before I BC!!
Thanks I keep changing my mind about when I want to comment to BC. I think I am gonna opt for a long transition of about 18 months. I put in too much work for my little hair I got now, and its too healthy for me to just go and chop. I love my length,hair,etc, so I think I'll cut an inch every three months or so. Good luck and congrats on your transition also.:)

tsmith said:
Wrapping your hair is a big :nono: and you also said that you think your buns are breaking your hair. R U wearing your buns tight and also have you considered moving the buns on differents sides and positions. I want to say DC your hair every 3 days to make your hair stronger (that's what I do) and it's helping ALOT....have patience and you will get over this hump..R you sure it's the buns that's causing breakage and do you baggie?:)

I know wrapping is a big no, no and I feel like such a fool for doing it especially knowing that it does not work for my hair. I can just scream!! I must admit that I am guilty of wearing my bun in the same position every day. Maybe I will try to switch it up a bit. I don't know if it's the bun or the wrapping. The more I think about it the more I think it's the wrapping. I went the entire summer with bunning and my hair did well it was not until I added the wrapping that I noticed this problem. Thanks for the word of encouragement. I just have to stay focus on over comming this hump like you said. I think I'll try to DC every 3 days like you suggested and see what happens. :)

Ms_Twana said:
Okay wait. I missed WHY wrapping is a no no!!!!1

Well wrapping your hair is said to cause thinning and breakage over a period of time, at least for some ladies...I personally never/don't wrap my hair...only because I don't know how...I've tried and tried..and my wraps comes out a hot mess:)

Blkbeautyhair said:
I know wrapping is a big no, no and I feel like such a fool for doing it especially knowing that it does not work for my hair. I can just scream!! I must admit that I am guilty of wearing my bun in the same position every day. Maybe I will try to switch it up a bit. I don't know if it's the bun or the wrapping. The more I think about it the more I think it's the wrapping. I went the entire summer with bunning and my hair did well it was not until I added the wrapping that I noticed this problem. Thanks for the word of encouragement. I just have to stay focus on over comming this hump like you said. I think I'll try to DC every 3 days like you suggested and see what happens. :)

Okay, kill that wrapping and loosen that bun and incorporate that dc every 3 days and then sit back and watch your hair GROW:p

tsmith said:
Well wrapping your hair is said to cause thinning and breakage over a period of time, at least for some ladies...I personally never/don't wrap my hair...only because I don't know how...I've tried and tried..and my wraps comes out a hot mess:)

How does it cause thinning and breakage???

Is it to late to join this Challenge? I hope not. If I can join, I hope to reach Armpit length by June 2007 (My One Year Hair Anniversary). If it is to late to join then I wish the rest of you ladies luck in your APL Challenge. :)

Back