OCT/Mega-Tek Challenge October '08

I just started using this on wet hair(scalp) and I am not likeing the way it makes my hair feel anyone else?

You may be putting too much on. I have both MT and OCT. The OCT goes on much lighter IMHO so I only use the MT when I wash and rollerset my hair. The MT definitely requires a light touch.

Hi ladies, i really want to try the Oct, but my hairs in braids right now, and i wash my hair once a week, do i have to wash it out or can i apply it to my scalp everyday and wash on it out on sunday, also some ladies have mentioned shedding, i'm kinda scared because while my hairs in braids i want know whether i'm shedding unless i take a braid down too check, my hair is thick so i dont want to be left with thin hair. any advice.

hey ladies. So I've been using Megatek for about 2 months now, and I see improvement. I think I may have to re-order soon so I don't run out! I'm ejnoying this way too much.

Good morning to you all!!! I just recieved my bottle of OCT yesterday and I used it last night and wrapped my hair and when I get home tonight I plan on washing it out and deep conditioning and reapplying to my scalp. I have the MT and have been totally satisfied with it. I have been using it now for over a month and my NG (new growth) is out of this world!! I have currently been without a relaxer since July 7, 2008 and I am anticipating on going natural for the betterment of my hair and just to try and do away with chemicals and see where my hair goes from there I want to so badly try braids for the first time in my life, and I think that I will, just to give it all a rest while I use these products. Im sorry I got off topic, now about OCT. Well as I stated I wrapped my hair and when I un wrapped it this morning, I could see where my hair had actually taken on a different appearance. It was softer, shinnier, and straighter from root to tip. I had also massged my scalp with my MT and I guess the two mingled and feel in love, I know that I am with these two products. I know I keep sayin that I will post pics and I will as soon as possible. I am being patient, but I honestly can't wait till I see more definite results of these products.
I wish you all well and many blessings!!

hi everyone, i just realied this is a new thread, Is anyone using MT experiencing extreme ichyness?Lawd its driving me crazy:wallbash:

Hey...not sure if I already replied to this but...I'm doing pretty great w/ MT..I've been using it for 2 months and the strength,thickness and growth are definitely there. I am 9 wks post and I have about what I would get at 12 wks instead...so I'm happy w/ that. I will post pics asap.

hi everyone, i just realied this is a new thread, Is anyone using MT experiencing extreme ichyness?Lawd its driving me crazy:wallbash:

I had this issue when I first started using it but then I added a little castor oil and the issue was resolved immediately. HTH.

Hi ladies, i really want to try the Oct, but my hairs in braids right now, and i wash my hair once a week, do i have to wash it out or can i apply it to my scalp everyday and wash on it out on sunday, also some ladies have mentioned shedding, i'm kinda scared because while my hairs in braids i want know whether i'm shedding unless i take a braid down too check, my hair is thick so i dont want to be left with thin hair. any advice.

I have used megatek with micros and tree braids with good results. I have thick hair and it has only made it thicker. The shedding did not affect the thickness of my hair at all. I am still using megatek with tree braids now.

I got my MT a week ago and have been using it only on my edges. I apply and leave on for 15-30 minutes. Then I rinse out with warm water. Sometimes I apply moisturizer to the edges, but they don't feel any worse, really, some sometimes I don't. I've been doing it every other day. Hopefully in a month's time I'll see some difference.

I am in.I just ordered some mega tek just now.I will post pictures tonight after I wash my hair for the befores.I am excited:yay:

hey ladies. So I've been using Megatek for about 2 months now, and I see improvement. I think I may have to re-order soon so I don't run out! I'm ejnoying this way too much.
Huge difference in only a month:spinning:. How are you using your MT? Excellent progress.

I have used megatek with micros and tree braids with good results. I have thick hair and it has only made it thicker. The shedding did not affect the thickness of my hair at all. I am still using megatek with tree braids now.
Thanks carameldiva, i was going to get the oct, but i think i will try megatek first, glad to hear your getting good results. hopefully i'll get some too.:grin:

Heh, yeah, I seem to get the itchies everytime I restart from one of my 'breaks' - and I have castor oil in my mix. I find that a GOOD scalp massage after I apply the MT makes them chillax.....

I got my MT a week ago and have been using it only on my edges. I apply and leave on for 15-30 minutes. Then I rinse out with warm water. Sometimes I apply moisturizer to the edges, but they don't feel any worse, really, some sometimes I don't. I've been doing it every other day. Hopefully in a month's time I'll see some difference.

*fingerscrossed* for you - though I'm sure you will. :yep:

Ya I really like this stuff. I think for christmas I'm just going to go ahead and get the gallon size. I still have 2 bottles left. I haven't noticed growth. But before I put these braids in, my hair was super strooong and thick.

:wow::dance7:

I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW THICK AND LONG MY HAIR HAS GOTTEN!

I straightened my hair with my curling iron and OMG, it was so thick, long and luxurious. My hair hung like an thick ebony curtain framing my face and hanging past my shoulders. My mother and sister were in awe. I was in awe and could not believe it. I felt like Cousin It. :drunk:

So I cut an inch off to get rid of damaged ends. I have been so apprehensive about trimming, but now I know that MT will get me back to where I started. At least I hope so. I love my hair! Love me some Mega-Tek!

Dreams do come true. :cry:

Thank you all for your knowledge and support. :giveheart:

:sweet:

I'm using the cell rebuilder mixed with rehydrant spray and a little bit of wild growth oil to thin it and make it easier for me to apply

I straightened my hair with my curling iron and OMG, it was so thick, long and luxurious. My hair hung like an thick ebony curtain framing my face and hanging past my shoulders. My mother and sister were in awe. I was in awe and could not believe it. I felt like Cousin It. :drunk:

So I cut an inch off to get rid of damaged ends. I have been so apprehensive about trimming, but now I know that MT will get me back to where I started. At least I hope so. I love my hair! Love me some Mega-Tek!

Girl, you will have that length back by next month. :yep:

After seeing how GOOD megatek has been doing me, I chopped off 3 inches of thin ends last month, knowing that it would be no time before I got it back.

That's great girl! I just got a really good "trim" (read: cut) an I'm MT'ing like you wouldn't believe. It makes me shed more than OCT..but I make sure I rinse it out now. Hopefully it is still as effective.

:look: I was doing some research to find the best price for a gallon of MT and a gallon of the Premier Cream Rinse (yessir!) and stumbled across this list of retailers for our sisters north of the border (that's Canada, eh? ;) )

ETA: So, it looks like KvVet has the best package deal - a gallon of MT & a gallon of Cream Rinse for 240.00 (give or take a bit for shipping). :look:

I'm mulling over getting two gallons of the Cream Rinse since I go through it so much faster, and manage to include it on one shipping bill, and....*sigh* Yeah, it would be over 300 bucks at once, but I would be set, for at LEAST a year. At LEAST. :look:

I'm seriously considering it.

Last edited:
Someone passed this along to me, and I wanted to pass it along to ya'll (and ya'll lurkers! ;) ) to help save some money.... I need to PM this and the Canadian links to DSD....

http://www.neeps.com/horse-equine.html
The big four of Eqyss are there for the lowest prices I found (shipping and all)...at least for my location.

80 bucks got Megatek, Avocado Mist, the Premier Rehydrator, and the Cream Rinse shipped to me.

Fed Ex screwed up and I had a day delay. But to their credit neeps.com has livechat and they got involved as best they could.

Back